Sign in to follow this  
Reality Check

IT'S GYM TIME!!!

pearl   

some of u are soo perverted...

which reminds me of my middle school years, in my karate class how all the guys would purposely get in trouble with the teacher just so they can stand on the side and watch the girls.... :D

raxmah...i 2 love swimming but i hate all the chlorine they add to the water.....kinda freaks me out....not to mention how damaging it is our hair...and the shower rooms…aqq!…don’t even remind me....

QUESTION ..why is going to the gym associated with fat people?...

Qac Qaac   

Raula pls, sis. i have no time understanding ppl like that, oo ku ilbaxay in america.

Garab tuujiye, iga daa tan aad iga daba watid.

Tamina good choice don't work out in the same gym with men, i was gonna tell DA and X quisit, but u know how they are... i have no time for feminen crap again.

qaxooti kulahaa, congratullations u could write a somali word...

Senora   

Raxmah....I do enjoy awimming..you know i use to be on the swim team in my high school in Chicago...but i can't do it anymore..unless i have the pool to myself...i'm so shy, and especially since i've gained weight....**shreiks in horror at the thought**

Girl, I heard after the age of 25, you gain 5 pounds for every year.

ALLA, girl you trying to give me a heart attack as such a young age?!?!

How much I hate any form of excercise

Your preachin to the choir hon'...

but i will TRY and give it a shot when this semester ends....i think im gonna sign up for an aerobics course....

Acuudibilah, some men in here are so insecure. But I'm not even going to go there.

Tamina, girl who goes at 6 am anymore? I adore my sleep (one of the best exercises).

X, elliptical machine is like a treadmill and stairmaster combined. So It is better than treadmill (and less dizzying too).

Jasmine, you always feel tired during the begining. You feel out of breath, your muscles are cramped, and all the good stuff. The good news is it gets better after a month. Thats when you have to step it up...its actually good that you are feeling tired! just don't pull or strain your muscles and Form is everything.

Barwaaqo, Actually, if you start going regularly, you will become an addict!

Raxmah, I love swimming but hate the chlorine. N I am not particularly fond of wearing T-shirts with my swimming gear, as it gets in the way...see my predicament! I havent been swimming in ages thou..I'll start going this summer.

Mobb Deep, who died and made you a personal trainer? What kind of certification do you have ?

Pearl, a misconception. Seeing obese people at the gym is actually a rarity (maybe cuz they worked it out :) ). But I love the gym and I'm not fat.

D.A....ummm u do! on somedays I coulda swore it was earlier than 6am ... icon_razz.gif U gym fanatic.

Qac...hey why must u always involve "those two" into every post u put forth? Besides, it's not fair u continue to label Opinionated and Xquizit as feminists.....runtii hadii la'isku sheegayo..

Anyway..not that I'm condoning it...I go to my uni gym. Ofcourse...I have to adhere to dressing modestly...etc. etc. In the near future I plan on switching to a nearby women's gym Insha Allah.

Iffah   

Tam, lol - you noticed it too huh?

The last time I was in a gym was back in High school....when it was mandatory.. icon_razz.gif I think I need to start visit that place again.

Everyone around me has suddenly become exercise fanatic. Just the other day, my preceptor was like ..hey you want to go for exercise with me? I'm like... when? Now kulahaa... we'll run up the stairs down from the first floor all the way up to the 13th floor... she must be crazy I thought! I politely declined.. saying the subway stairs is enough for me...I get shortness of breath coming up the those loong stairs.

x_quizit   

Tam,the reason Qac kid likes to talk about me and DA is kinda like 3rd grade...he has a crush on us! God forbid.... redface.gif .....isn't it getting boring that no matter what the subject is,he gotta insert his insecurities about us...hehe...actually makes me feel powerful that i got to the poor creature...i can just see him having nightmares about us...a tampon chasing him,and our "femine crap" as he says....he's hilarious....

Qac,for ur info, there are women only gyms in Tdot,so settle down "sheikh" b4 me and the other "lesbians/man-hating/anti-shaving/bald girls" girls come after u!!! Beware!...and i don't remember mentioning i go to a gym...everything can be done at home with the right equipment....not that u deserve an explanation,but wanted to put a "concerned" brothers' feelings at ease...since u worry for my soul being damned to eternal hellfire....so sweet of u... ;)

For some of u ladies hating the atmosphere of the gym, i can understand...with those open showers and women sitting on the benches getting changed naked...ewww....imagine all the bacteria...that's part of the reason why i hate it,also,time is a precious commodity, and the time it takes to go..and come back...there goes 2hrs....so i prefer to get a few 5lbs weights...do a variety of excercise with them at home...purchase a tape...i got taebo at home...which in 25 min works u out great,and also use the stairs in ur house as cardio excercise...run up and down a few times and b4 u know it...ur tush will firm up...

Peace

Macalin   

^lol@2 thumbs UP!....So in essence what u saying is, Xcuteness,indeed mr qac has a double dose of crush on 2 of SOL's finnest?....i feel jealous! :D

X Said ZIZ:

Nomad, for you, I will kick any farax or xalimo that messes with u, just point to the appropriate mijo baasto, and X will come to the rescue

..........OH YEA?....KICK ADMIN FOR ME :D

Sophist   

For the chaps! boxing is quite good. I have just taken up classes-- this is must for to all the married men :D you don't want to be beaten up in front of your kids or your wifey. Plus it is good to release all this tension I am building up; the exam dates are out and I have three consecutive exams from 24, 25 and twenty or something like that and I am really stressed.

Anyhow, guys healthy heart; healthy mind.

^^^^I agree Bro

But I find Nothing can beat Trail Running for a Total body work out (providing you Run at a steady pace, and a reasonable decent distant).

And dispite 3yrs + off relative inactivity i find am still extremly Fit {judging by my ability to chase the bus :D }, and thankfuly no sight of the dreaded Belly smile.gif

Tuujiye   

i can just see him having nightmares about us...a tampon chasing him,and our "femine crap"

Ilaahow xishoodka hanaga qaadin.....

waxaaba iigu daran kuwa u camiraayo..lol..

Qac'qaac u sheeg gabdhahaan in eesan kugu filneen oo eesan ku xawilikarin..lol..

Y'all love each other too much man...

X so you work out at home too ;) so we Actually have something in common.huummm....

no 4real I hate going to the gym because of nimankaan xoolahooda balaanka soo dhigayaan specialy chines guys uff...is very nasty and walk around you like is normal thing to do..walking naked..

raula   

DA gal wassup-me gym has been associated with the anticipation of the month(why I need to go to gym-to floss for some jealous hefa! redface.gif or attract the 'king-bee' :D ;)u feel me ). But seriously, the best work-out for me is the 'BODY-PUMP'(total workout incorporated with cardio, weights, aerobics, mini-boxing etc and some yoga to relax at the end)-this mostly takes about 1hour. But my best workout that I ever did was "SELF-DEFENSE"(Karate and taekwondo)-just saying Wucha and NOOOO! is a motivator in itself :cool: :D . However, since the weather permits to be outdoors now-I gotta get my VOLLEYBALL and B-BALL ON NOW! :D;)

Qac'qaac u sheeg gabdhahaan in eesan kugu filneen oo eesan ku xawilikarin..lol..

Now, does anyone else figure out what is wrong with this sentence? Garab, first of all this thread is about the GYM, and here you are making disgusting references to tampons and how it doesnt fit..and what have you (for those of you who don't read somali). I think you are acting in a perverted manner and I hope that the admin (as soon as he clears out his PM box) will delete this message.

Now back to the topic at hand.

Raula, good idea..I miss volleyball..but i always hurt my wrist after every game..maybe my serve is not right :confused: