Sign in to follow this  
Reality Check

IT'S GYM TIME!!!

Princess,

Girl, I heard after the age of 25, you gain 5 pounds for every year.

You know the best cardio is the elliptical machine (better than treadmill and running combined). Find that machine in your local gym and trust me, those hips will slowly disappear to whereever they came from smile.gif Honestly, I find that walking doesnt really do much. I mean I pretty much walk to where ever I need to go and I don't see the difference. Just start warming up to the gym, and the minute you see results, you will be hooked guaranteed. I now look forward to my gym days (considering how much I used to hate the gym or any part of working out). I guess the worst part going to the gym is feeling inadequate when it comes to using the equipment, but start with one, and before you know it, you will have covered the whole gym before the summer is over!

x_quizit   

Nomad, for you, I will kick any farax or xalimo that messes with u, just point to the appropriate mijo baasto, and X will come to the rescue :cool:

DA, actually, i read in a fitness magazine that the treadmill is the number 1 fat blaster, better than the stairmaster and eliptical trainer....ur able to burn more fat all over the body, so P-sexy, if u want to shrink those hips, get on a treadmill, even though its boring, 4-5 times a week, for at least 30 min, and in a month or less, you'll see the change, also combine that with moderate to good eating habits, otherwise, all that sweating would be for nothing...or u can do 10 min on each machine, treadmill, bike, then stairmaster, therefore it won't get boring,...get a CD player, put on ur fav music, and before u know it, ur done ur workout....and the benefits are emormous, u'll feel energized, less stress, headaches...

Dr.X is out...see u next time! :cool:

Yepp ive started working out sis...2 weeks ago was my first visit to the gym ....since a year ago.

I could not move for 4 days.

My favorite workout is spinning, aerobics, sit ups..im mostly trying to improve my stomach area, condition and arms..

Devil´s advocate a.k.a opinionated..you are starting a thread , asking questions without answering them first? icon_razz.gif ...did i qarxis you now?lol

Tuujiye   

lol...khayr that was funny man....looooool...

D.A...so is summer time and we need to work out? what about winter and fall, is it maybe we wear more clothe? and we should were less clothe in the summer? Ilaaheey halkuu sahlo khaxootii kula qaada biraha..lol. ;)

waraa nuune muruq xiito xiito..lol..

X lol don't mind khayr he has big forarms...lol.. :D:D:D ..khary that was a joke...

Qac'qac adiga iyo sxbtaa D.A ilaaheey ha idiin sahlo qof idinskii fahan siiyo...

JASMIINE   

i never needed to work out to lose weight or any other reasons. But about a week ago i started running and lifting weights( am taking a weight training class) so i can feel less tired. But i feel more tired than ever :( .

my question is for the folks that work out: when do u start to feel energized and less tired from ur work outs?

x_quizit   

Jasmine, workouts aren't only for the ones with a few xtra pounds to lose, but its recommended to everyone, b/c of its many benefits...elevates ur metabolism, therefore u get to burn more calories for those that want to lose weight...works out ur heart and lungs, ur better overall health wise inside....and the reasons u are feeling tired is that in the beginning, ur body isn't used to excercise, so its gonna take a few sessions for u to get used to it, don't overdo it, make sure ur doing the moves correctly....also make sure ur using the appropriate weights for ur size, otherwise u might hurt urself and pull a muscle...don't forget to stretch b4 and after ur excercise, to help with the stiffness of the joints....and drink lots of water b4, during and after ur workout...make sure to eat proteins right after, helps to regenerate the muscles after a workout...hope that helps....

peace

ya right!!

first all! yall know who needs to shed some whollata of baroor!!ha haa!

so ladies while yall in there! shaking you thangy, please dont this!! stop doing this to faaraxs....

i mean why when the gaaloows or the jamicans etc r passing u by when u exercising, u folks point your toes to the roof!!!

and when faarax walks u all like make sure everything is tucked nice and proper!!! haah wazzup with that!!

plz show faarax some love and show him some actions just like the way u do 4 other folks,, just start grabing your toes or somthing like!! :confused:

^^ maxaa kaa galey adiga? Ur married now, aint you? Ka dhexbax the faarax/xaliimo story.

"U folks point your toes to the roof" kulahaa, goodness...inanku af-xumaa! redface.gif

DA,

U kno, there's a huge leisure complex about to open near my house this month I'A, and it seems to have everything (swimming pools, dance studios, gym...etc). The Q is, will I get off my a$$ and actually visit it? Ermm...Am not sure. Not da GYM type, but I might take some aerobics classes...IA...

How much I hate any form of excercise. :(

Can't remember the last time I went. I'm only interested in weight training..but I have issues with guys dominating that area of the gym.

I promised myself I'd go back as soon as this semester ends.

But D.A., I can't do the 6:00Am routine...no way in hell! :eek: It's enuff I get up for fajr.

Tuujiye   

listen y will i make another man rich while i can make my self rich by eating the right food such as: ice creams, cakes ,lots of sugar n cream on my coffee, baasto,barris n hilib ari. now bout the working out issue push up's and sit up's do the job as well markay caloosha sida shaarbaha iigu baxdo sit up's come 2 minds markay dhabar xanuun igu bilowdo push up's come 2 mind hadii aar rabo baruur rid dhulka ilaahey waa waasic banaanada ayaan ku ordaa. miyaysan eheyn

wax yaalahaan kale waxaan u arkaa nac nac

nabadeey

SaMaaH   

Nice topic..........gym gym gym cant wait this summer!!! :D

InshaAllah I want to start working out i've been saying this for a while, I'm a lazy person but I know once I start that's it. Never went to a gym before..but this summer everything is going to change! I heard the first few weeks everything is usually hard, after a while you'll get use to it. Alhamdulilah there's this gym near my area just for WOMEN, men are not allowed it's nice. But one problem, I heard women in the gym tend take everything off..walk around nude :(

Raxmah   

The best exercise there is gota be swimming. After living on steroids for 3 months-wasn’t fun. My Dr. suggested to take on swimming for my lungs and I will lose the weight. I lost weight, helps me with my asthma and it’s not tedious. Sound like infomercial dont I. redface.gif

To see my b4 and after pic Click here :D

Seriously though Swimming uses almost all the major muscle groups, and places a vigorous demand on your heart and lungs, also develops muscle strength and endurance, and improves posture and flexibility. Not to mention Relieves stress so well. Yall should try out swimming sometime. Ok am done - I must love swimming to much. :cool:

Rokko   

Yeah, the SOL coach is back.

Today's lesson: Opinionated, when ya stretch, make sure yo back is straight na'mean. Your chest must be coming out like you know ;) and don't eat before sessions just to cut that little gut na'mean. Oh yeah, stairmaster is better than the threadmill, so sweat it girl.

That is all for today's cashar na'mean. I will be back another day with more hints na'mean.

peace!