Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

How is your City Preparing for Eid ??

I haven't really brought eid clothes since I was eighteen( 3 and half years ago).

So you are telling us your age is 21 and half ?? ,,, yaa kaa rumaysanaya dee ,, :D

Fabregas   

^^he, he. That 21 in Greenwich Meridian Age. But 8 extra years must be added to get the Somali Equatorial time.

JB, wat does it matter?

( back to eid ppl)

nuune   

^^^ looooooooooool@87 ehehehehehe, actually tan ii qoran iyo teyda saxda waa isku mid on the year, dhibka waxaa waaye the months :D

The Zack   

^Speaking of this age thing, Nin waxaan aqaanaa 39 jiro oo lagu keenay inuu yahay 17, kaaga sii darane wiilkiisa oo caadi ahaan u jiro 16-na waxaa lagu keenay iney walaalo yahiin. Then waxaa dhacday mar kastoo oo cunugiisa ay ciyaal la eg la dagaaleen oo bugta ka saaraan, asagaa inta baxo kuligood soo garaaci. The guy is 39 and very strong, ciyaalka 16-ka, 17-ka ah inuu la eg yahay ee u qabaan. They will be like man that 17 year-old kid can take 3 of us at a time lol.

Back to the eid: I don't do eid shopping, don't remember the last time I did one. My city has about 30,000 Somalis but still you wouldn't notice anyone doing shopping for eid.

-Lily-   

^^ That's because most people are still too busy getting the most out of Ramadan. No one should even mention Eid before late wkend.

LoL@the 39year old passing off as 17.

ZOLA   

Dear SOL Nomads from Minnesota,

We would like to invite you to Generation-for-Change's 3rd Annual Event to be held on October 4th, 2008. It is Saturday evening - just 3 days after Ramadhan. Please come join us for a night filled with great entertainment and cultural activities i.e

Poetry, Comedy, Talent Show, Folklore Songs etc

You can also buy souvenirs such as flags, traditional/Cultural Pictures, T-shirts with GCG Logo

Also, Recognitions will be awarded to this year's three STARs (This Generation's STAR Award)

Entrance Fee: $20

Proceeds will go to the organizations fundraising kitty.

Place: International Institute of Minnesota

Date: Oct, 4th 2008

Time: 5:00- 10:00 pm

For more information CLICK: www.thegcg.org