Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Which One Are You????????

or in other words; which one, would have you preferred to have being at time this pictures were taken???

the-raw-somali1.jpg

The Raw Somali?

the-trained-somali1.jpg

The Trained Somali?

Because when they asked to take the picture of Xaawo Tako - Dhagaxay tuurtay; kamiradii buu jebiyay, warankey tuurtayna sawirqaadihi buu ku dhacay - hence, no picture available.

As for Arraweelo, well there were no cameras available when she was supposedly around and more importantly Odey Biiq progenies have ensured that there were no posthumous recognition, films or anything like it about her.

And before you ask; Zena the Warrior Princess is neither Somali nor based on fact. She was fiction and figment of white lesbian feminist's imagination :D

now before you ask any other questions - why don't you be kind enough and humour me with your speculative answer on the topic at hand??

Polanyi   

Women do have a deep appeal to the raw and tough man. But the softer, intellectual side appeals to them too. So, I would have been an educated geesi, like a malcolm x, for instance.

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

or in other words; which one, would have you preferred to have being at time this pictures were taken???

the-raw-somali1.jpg

The Raw Somali?

They are so "Raw" that they were guarded by the "trained" guy - check on the left side of the pic!

^He should have put a disclaimer telling us where they hail from. Exp. Raw ones from Qardho and trained ones from Burco. That would have excited us all :D

Because when they asked to take the picture of Xaawo Tako - Dhagaxay tuurtay; kamiradii buu jebiyay, warankey tuurtayna sawirqaadihi buu ku dhacay - hence, no picture available.

As for Arraweelo, well there were no cameras available when she was supposedly around and more importantly Odey Biiq progenies have ensured that there were no posthumous recognition, films or anything like it about her.

And before you ask; Zena the Warrior Princess is neither Somali nor based on fact. She was fiction and figment of white lesbian feminist's imagination

now before you ask any other questions - why don't you be kind enough and humour me with your speculative answer on the topic at hand??

[/QUO

Oo hada ma saasa kaa daacad ahna? Not only do you NOT have a single Somali female warrior but you're blaming them for the lack of representation? :confused: :D

And yes, I would've settled for XENA even with her lesbian affairs.

To humor you, I'd choose to be the first group. Why? Because I don't like the "angelic" look the white guy in the second picture is sporting. At least in the first pic, you don't see the guard unless you look hard enough!

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

How come there are no women warriors?

Haye waa kuwaan:

113015538020796537a4o.jpg

Haye, are you happy now? Mise mid black and white picture ah rabtaa, oo iyagoo waramo iyo gaashaamo wada heysto? :D

Those sisters in the picture, by the way, took part dagaalkii Xabashada iyo Soomaalida ee '77.