Sign in to follow this  
finestsista2005

Calling on Freestyle writers to write short stories here on sol

Back in 02 I posted couple of love stories here in SOL and then wrote another one which I never had the chance to finish or revise...I was cleaning my e-mail today and I found it in my e-mail and remembered this topic about posting love story...First sorry for any grammatical errors...Here it goes

Often people say “bad things happen to bad people” or “things will get better” but there is always an exception to every rule, and Sofia thought she was it…A bleak, dreary, depressing year firmly cemented that believe in her head…She wasn’t a bad person by hers’ or anyone’s standards…Yet she had been fired from her job for refusing to go along with fraud, lost her apartment, and now was laying in a hospital because of an accident…She couldn’t open her eyes but hospital smells the same everywhere and it isn’t comforting thought…She hated that smell…The door opened and someone walked in and still she couldn’t force her eyes to open...

“How long will she be sleeping doctor?” suddenly a deep voice was heard in the room

“I can’t give you an exact time, compared to what other passengers sustained and the extent of the accident, she is very lucky young lady” a voice with authority, probably the doctor, answered back

The deep voice asked, “We are thankful to Allah for that but this wait hasn’t been easy…She had been in a coma for two weeks now”

“Two weeks?” Sofia shrieked in her head, “that’s impossible; she couldn’t be sleeping for that long?”

“Well all her vital signs are improving and medically we have done all we can for her right now…I have to make my rounds now, I will stop by later on”

“Thank you doctor” and Sofia heard the gentle click as the door closed

Sofia could sense the man moving closer and pulling a chair on the side of her bed…Damn it, why can’t she move her body parts!!...Suddenly she felt his touch on her forehead and something at the back of her conscious crept up…She frowned his touch wasn’t unfamiliar to her even though she hadn’t recognized his voice earlier.

She tried to focus on his words as he was talking to her now, “I guess you didn’t plan on this did you! I don’t know if you can hear me right now, but I am sorry. It’s not what I wanted to happen to you when I wished you wouldn’t get here.”

“What” As if he heard her unspoken question, “I wasn’t looking forward to meeting you or having you interrupt my life…But this wasn’t the way I wanted to avoid you.” He laughed harshly, “Be careful for what you wish for or you might get it, that’s how the saying goes.”

Sofia thought, “Oh god, could he be her new boss, but why wouldn’t he want to meet her?” That’s just great; it’s all she needed to hear while laying on the hospital bed, her new employer firing her. Again the deep voice interrupted her thoughts, “But I promise you this when you wake up I will make it up to you. I will give us a chance to get to know each other. That’s my promise”

Sofia decided she must be really worse off than she thought before; her head injuries must be serious, because his words weren’t making any sense. Nothing was making sense, oh god her head is throbbing…She let herself slip into sleep and stopped fighting the darkness surrounding her mind.

Next time she opened her eyes there was a nurse sitting next to her reading the people’s magazine… “Water, please” Sofia hoarsely whispered …Startled the nurse quickly handed her a cup of water and afterward ran outside the room and returned soon

“I wouldn’t be that scary nurse now could I” Sofia asked jokingly…Ah it was a pleasure to be able again to have facial expression… “Mind you nurse I am not a vain woman but I never ran anyone out of the room before either”

The nurse smiled gently “I went to call on someone who anxiously been waiting by your bed side all the time you been sleeping…Everything is going to be okay now, your fiancée is here” she looked up smiling as the door opened and entered a man whom Sofia never laid eyes on…Her fiancée, as the nurse mentioned, is a man no woman would forget him even if she only met him let alone be engaged to him…He was 6’2”, a beautiful tanned skin like, and broad shoulders…To Sofia he was a man who had presence no man or woman could deny or not notice him…As he neared and sat next to her bed he grasped her hand…

“You finally awake thank god…How you feeling Sofia?’

“You are not my fiancée” Sofia barely managed to state

He looked back toward the nurse and noticed she left the couples alone for a while and he looked back toward her

“I know I am not technically your fiancée but that was what your trip her was suppose to determine…But I had to say I was your fiancée because they wouldn’t let me to see you or find out what happened to you after the accident…So I fidgeted the truth a bit” he smiled mischievously as to include her in a naughty joke…Sofia couldn’t stop herself from smiling back, she always been a sucker for a good sense of humor of any kind it always brighten the situation no matter how bad…Then her smile froze…Her for now fiancée was a major threat of a women heart when he directs his full smile their direction…Straight and pearly like teeth incased in a very sensual mouth that invites a woman to sink her teeth into it…But nothing compared to his eyes…Deep dark chocolate color with it’s sinful temptations…A woman can lose herself in those eyes and yet oddly enough maybe find herself in them too…Sofia wasn’t a betting woman, but she would bet a lot of women couldn’t resist the promise in those eyes…He touched her cheek gently, “No one ever looked at me like that”

“Like what” she couldn’t stop herself from asking

“As if you can only see me to the exclusion of everyone else in the room, any room”

She was saved from answering him when the doctor walked into the room.

“Ah it seems are patient has finally decided to join us again…How you feeling Sofia...Any pains or extreme headache you have?” Asked the doctor as he pointed the laser light into her eyes...

“Truthfully doc I am much better than last time I came conscious then I could barely move open my eyes…Although today I am feeling much better”

Her fiancée asked, “When do you think she would be able to leave the hospital and go home, doctor?”

Smiling toward Sofia the doctor said, “Seems your young man is eager to take you away from here…You know he has been by your side almost everyday since you been here…He is definitely a keeper…As to your question, it depends on Sofia how ready she feels at least another two days and I thought it would be save then to take care out of her.”

Sofia can see her supposed fiancée was happy with the news she couldn’t blame him hospitals made her edgy too…The doctor finished his examination and left quietly…Sofia figured now is good time to clear few things with “her fiancée”…She thought now was as good as anytime.

winnie   

cambarro had an appointment today that just couldnt wait. ever since her father passed away the house has been quiet; the spice of life has been missing, no laughter. it wasnt because they were too shy to laugh, it wasnt that at all. in fact, since the death, cambarro and her mother have started getting closer, even sharing intimate details. seynab, cambarro's mother, was always a stern woman and never particularly affectionate. even Hassan, her clear favorite, can rarely give her a hug without her pushing away.

however uninterested cambaro was, the details just kept pouring out though. how they met, how affectionate he was. how beautiful and loved thye both were. his infidelity, his attempt to do right by this other woman and marry her. cambarro always knew her parents werent story book, but to her, all this resonated of the mundane and the domestic; its all so tiresome and yet unexherting, she thought.

today however, she has an appointmet and the monotony can finally be broken with some music, maybe even some laughter.

as she is finishing up drying the dishes, she pauses and puts the dish in her hand aside, and listens. the opportune moment can slip undetected.

she waits a moment, and stretches her ears to hear something, she doesnt know exactly for what signal.

silence.

she picks up the dish again, and rubs it dry. puts it aside and takes another dish and continues the cycle.

clink

pat pat

clunk

clink

pat pat

clunk

clink

she hears something. the heat rises to her face, and she welcomes it with a smile.

like a trained pigeon she sets out to find the trail.

winnie   

about half a mile from her house is an abandoned well; completely useless, and has been for generations. only the neighbouring children use it for their games. the elders of the village are the only ones left who can remember the story surrounding it, and very few of them believe it anymore.

camabarro briskly makes her way to the well, and whilst making its circumference, is watching, looking for something.

"ahem"

erect like a meerkat, she inhales and veers around. in front of her is a young girl, tall and slender with a short cropped hair cut. she has on a man's dress shirt, a macaawis and is chewing on a tooth pick.

camabarro tries her best to suppress a laughter

"what did you do to yourself" she finally exclaims, trying to get a hold of the girls head.

" you look..."

"like a man? thats the point stup!d"

camabarro is visibly confused.

- my cousin from Canada is visiting, and apparently Im the main attraction.' she give a slight scowl, and rolls her eyes. 'Im just making sure when he leaves, he leaves alone.

- but how do you know he is coming for you?

-I dont, but I know what Abbe wants.

- but its your cousin, he'll know abti has a daughter named Deqo and no sons...he's just going to think youre crazy.

- yeah, and? anyways, the plan seems to have backfired. hes not interested in marriage. turns out he just wants to hang out with the oldies and listen to poetry' she sits on the ground indian style, and pats her hair 'it'll grow.' she says confidently, but with a questoin in her eyes.

cambarro bites her lower lip, trying to suppress a chuckle and asks - so what made you keep the get-up, huh? if youve met your cousin and all? you gonna start peeing standing up too?

she lets go of a giggle, which cascades into a sea of uncontrallable giggles, filled with awkward inhales and snorts. cambarro, for all her youth, has yet to find ease in the pleasures of the heart, not even the simple ones such as laughter.

-no im keeping it on. my cousin may know im a woman, but the rest of the city doesnt. come on, Ill take you somewhere youve never been to.

she gets up and reaches her hand to Cambaro,

-c'mon. i promise you'll have fun, and youll be back before maghrib.

Cambarro hesitated. its one thing to step out on the porch while mother is sleeping, or even walk a half mile to meet a friend, but going off in the city, her mother may not approve. she knew seynab dsnt have a favorable opinion of deqo, which is why she kept her friendship secret.

well, she thought, at least no one will tell her she was with deqo seeing as no one can recognize her.

- okay, but we'd better be back before maghrib.

Paragon   

ever since her father passed away the house has been quiet; the spice of life has been missing, no laughter.

True story. My abti who wasn't that older than me, whom I have seen few months ago suddenly died today. I am still recollecting myself. Can't laugh yet. Must be the shock.

J.Lee   

^May Allah Bless Him and Forgive him. May he also reward him Paradise.

DISCLAIMER: I just wrote this so be prepared for plenty of mistakes. Mida kale, please if you read it then give me your honest opinion (in my inbox, on here...whatever have you). I'm thinking about publishing several stories and I would like to know if my writing style is appealing.

They met by chance. At a time when he was open to new experiences and she had gotten tired only wanting to concentrate on her personal development.

She was different from the kind of girls he was used to even unlike any man he has ever met. Unique fit her. Nerd and Weird were even better and he had no problem telling her this repetitively.

You see, her personality was at odds with her looks. He didn't expect a girl of her physical beauty to be an intellect as a well. In love with all that science had to offer, rhetoric had to argue and psychology fought for. Reason and random were a perfect harmony around her although they could be heard in a distant arpeggio if he just listened closely.

But she didn't want to think much of him. He was. Just was. Paid him no mind except to never mind him. Fear kept her glued at a fixed point. She couldn't afford to let go and let him in.

He however was just waiting for the right moment. To make an impression, to understand her. The several conversations they had, had left him confused. She was an enigma. Hard and soft. Her weapon of choice was sarcasm and she used it perfectly deflecting any personal questions with it.

At first, he thought she was one of those women who believed mystery left a man wanting more but he realized after their 6th conversation-and yes he counted-that she truly wasn't a seller in that business. He began to realize that maybe the interest was one-sided. But no, he had seen how she liked his company. Clinging to their conversations even as she pulled herself away from him.

How passionate she got when she argued and how expressive her face was, every one of her emotions painted on it like a canvas. Naked and only for him to see. He also noticed the flicker of doubt as it entered her eyes, signaling her departure. Often times, she would make some excuses, homework usually and leave abruptly. Even as she left she would smile, always smiling with her eyes as they said goodbye.

She was a woman conflicted, a woman interested. A woman who had broken hearts before and didn't want to repeat the experience with him. Whenever she listened to songbirds wailing about pain she felt as though they were talking to her. Not to relate but to condemn.

She wasn't a bad person however. She was loyal, faithful, giving and discreet with whomever she was with but she couldn't love them. But because she was all those things it made it easier to love her and to fall in love with her quickly. She liked to take her time but before she could know if they were worth love, they had already fallen into the unknown. Under such imbalance the relationship would crumple under the weight. Her not yet giving in and them giving up too soon, too fast, and too quickly.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Maybe...

Paragon   

^^Amin for the Duca. Things happen.

Didn't read your story yet but will do so Insha-Allah. When I am up to comprehending things smile.gif .

Haneefah   

Inaa lilaah wa inaa ileyhi raajicuun. Isseh, inadeer I am incredibly sorry to hear about your loss. Ilaahay abti ha u naxriisto idinkana sabr iyo imaan ha idin wada siiyo. :( .

I know what it feels like to lose someone to sudden death, I just pray Allah gives you all strength and perseverance through such a difficult time.

Originally posted by Isseh:

quote: ever since her father passed away the house has been quiet; the spice of life has been missing, no laughter.

True story. My abti who wasn't that older than me, whom I have seen few months ago suddenly died today. I am still recollecting myself. Can't laugh yet. Must be the shock.
Pole Sana dear Isseh.

Allahu unaxaristu,Death is Xaq :(

winnie   

im sorry for your loss isseh; to allaah we belong, and to allah we return.

find something that will make you laugh regardless (like a monty python movie, or something)

my story will be on hiatus for a short while since i have an important deadline to meet.

tell me what you think though, because it really was freestyled, though i had the plot in my mind for a while now. are any of you interested in the characters so far?

Isseh, sorry to hear about your abti passing away...Inaa lilaah wa inaa ileyhi raajicuun...Even though we know death is destined for all us, the suddness of it specially someone young like your abti would always take us by suprise...The grief would never go away, but it becomes easier as time goes, the shock wears off...Remember all the good about him and pray for him everytime you think of him...Salaam

This story is not a continuation to the previously posted story by me, but this weekend I was inspired to write a new one, without the hanging at the end...Hope you guys like it.

She was nervous

No one who knew Amal would ever believe of anything being capable of unsaddling her…When things got out of hand and everyone was unhinging, Amal always maintained her focus and never lost her coolness…Nothing was too scary for her to handle or get her hands in it.

Amal smiled sardonically, aggressiveness was an asset when applied in the business world, but when it came to building a romantic relationship, it was more of handicap than an asset…Well too bad, she didn’t give a rats *** about men finding aggressive women too intimating, it’s not for her to hand held their hands…That’s why she was sitting in an old café on a highway heading to god knows where without a plan. She told herself it was a much deserved break to re-evaluate her life and to try living life in the moment without thinking every move beforehand.

Omar stared, feeling mesmerized, though he had no idea why…He couldn’t see the woman who walked into the café very clearly, but he felt edgy looking at her…As she sat down, he still couldn’t see her well, but he could see most of her face now…She wasn’t beautiful but pretty in a subdued way…And then she turned around, and he saw her eyes…Nearly spellbound, Omar couldn’t pull his gaze away…He never seen such beautiful big hazel eyes before…He’d seen women with more attractive features, but none with sexier eyes

Despite his attempt at indifference, Omar’s gaze never left her…Something about her, intrinsically female, called to him…Beneath his skin, a strange warmth expanded… He hadn’t felt such staggering reaction to a woman since his teens, but he had grown up since then…As he continued to watch her, he decided to approach her and ask to play a game of billiard while waiting for the rain to stop…And he was not taking a NO for an answer

Amal had noticed him, sitting casually several tables down, and that look of intensity in his eyes…She didn’t feel uncomfortable maintaining eye contact with someone for long duration, but his was making her self-conscious…Her eyes widened as she noticed him moving toward her direction “oh my god, he is heading this way.” She instinctively retreated to her professional self, safer ground to maintain a calm facade, when she is basically wanted to fidget.

“Hello, my name is Omar; I couldn’t help but notice you sitting alone. I see the rain is bringing many people off the highway into the café…I had to give up my table to family, and yours is the only available seat, do you mind if I join you!”

Oh how silly of her, she hadn’t noticed the place filling up, until now that he mentioned it…He just needed to use the table with her, nothing else

“Of course, please have a seat”

As he slid into the booth, she inhaled the scent of rain mixed with his unique scent…She frowned, she had never noticed a man’s scent before, why was she reacting to this stranger this way…And then he smiled and her mind went blank

“Oh I love rain, don’t like being caught in it though, but definitely brings back childhood memories…I saw a billiard table over there, and there seems to be a game ending, would you care to join me for a game?”

“Thank you for asking, but I don’t think so, you see I have never played it before”

“Its quiet easy really, I can tell you the rules and its fun”

This trip, she had promised herself she would do something frivolous or in the spur of moment if she had the chance, why was she hesitating saying yes…She inhaled deeply, because she was attracted to this man in a way she never been to another man.

She blinked up at him “What are the rules?”

Omar exhaled roughly and explained “For this game we would have 12 colored balls and one white cue ball…The cue ball is used to knock the other balls into the pockets but itself must not go into the pocket…Since you are starting, you choose whatever color you want, and must put your balls in the pocket…If you accidentally touch my colors you lose point…Who is shooting continues to shoot until they miss their shot.”

The rules seemed fairly simple to Amal and if nothing else came out of her spontaneous adventure, so be it. And she threw herself into the game with the eagerness of a child.

While Amal bent over to try to hit the ball dead center, Omar leaned back against the table, folded his arm across his chest, and blatantly observed her. Amal didn’t have that kind of spectacular figure that attracted male attention from across the room, and her clothing rather disguise than enhance…But when she began to relax and enjoy herself, she had a natural grace that drew the eye.

To his delight, his partner played with enthusiasm and gusto and soon he had to play with more concentration…Amal appreciated that because she wasn’t intending to just let him win and he wasn’t letting himself be defeated easily…Despite her concentration, she was obviously enjoying herself now…And in few minutes, she potted her last ball, and won the game.

“For a beginner, you are done very well, and with practice you could turn into a sharp player yourself.”

She was absurdly pleased by his generosity in defeat and compliment…But she was dismayed to have their conversation end so soon.

“So feel like dancing?”

“If you only you would dance with me outside in the rain”

He smiled that devastatingly smile again and said “why not”…Omar liked that she took the initiative to suggest something out of the ordinary…And he wasn’t about to pass the opportunity to hold her in his arm and see how they fit, although he already knew it would be perfect fit.

As he brought her closer to his body, Amal felt his touch at her back, to the tip of her toes…All she could think of before he started moving was “oh boy”

There was something exhilarating about dancing in the rain, it is like it washed all the anxiety away and self-doubt…All that remained was the man and the woman, enjoying each others company, as they are pounded by the heavy rain…She didn’t want to say a word, as she raised her head up…His hair clung to his forehead and several of his shirt buttons were opened exposing few inches of naked chest…He was vital and beautiful and she wanted him as she had never wanted a man before.

He curved his hand around the back of her head and tilting it up for his kiss…His lips were soft, warm, and his tongue a subtle tease…As natural as breathing, she opened her mouth…The kiss deepened and the desire twisted deeply, she closed her eyes…She stood on her toes and locked both arms around his neck….A car honking brought her back to her senses…With disbelief, she realized she was standing in the middle of parking lot simply kissing a stranger, as matter of fact eating him up, as she gasped for breath.

Their gaze met and he simply uttered “let’s go”

Few hours later, as she laid her head against his shoulder before falling asleep, Amal thought this was not a bad way to spend their first wedding year anniversary…She couldn’t believe it’s been a year since her good friend tried to set her up with her friend Omar’s friend…To arrange the date, Omar called her and somehow they ended on the phone for several hours…Next day, it was Omar who showed up at her door saying “you were a great woman and I couldn’t pass you off to someone else”…Next year it would definitely be her turn to plan.

hope you guys enjoy it

just to tell you i didnt write this story.

There is a story of a dad and his two sons going into the woods to fish. The mother finds them dead after hours. Her youngest son isn't there. She panics. Tells her neighbour and the next day they make the graves ready. The neighbour says she will get blankets. After 3/4 of an hour mother goes up to her house and finds youngest sons head by the open window. Who did it? The neighbour of course....... but my TRUE story is way scarier!

One calm, cool, fall day. A father of three sons decides to take them for a hike in the HUGE woods behind their house. The mother (Paula) says that she would stay home and bake. After six hours of them not returning, she calls her neighbour to say she was going for a walk and that she wanted the neighbour (Lucy) to watch her house.... But nobody answered. So, she went looking in the woods yelling their names. No replies. After half an hour, Paula had finally reached a small creek.

In the middle of the creek were the father (Gordon) and the son (Curtis) stabbed in the heart, bloody and bruised. But, where was the youngest son (Dustin)? Paula, realizing the killer is probably still in the woods, runs to the closest exit and to her house.

She went over to Lucy's and told her the story, but to keep it secret. They agreed not to let it get out. The neighbour said she would help dig the graves and bury them. The next morning, the mother went straight to the woods. Lucy was on her way when she saw Dustin in the window, mouthing the words " I know it was you! " Lucy just went down to the woods.

After digging for a while Lucy said she would go get blankets to wrap the bodies in. After two hours of waiting, Paula went up to her house to see what was wrong. Frightened, she called the police. What she saw was devastating! Her sons decapitated body at the window holding his head, mouthing the word " Wait! "

The police had come and told Paula to get out of the house because many calls the police had been getting were from around this area about family members being murdered except for the mother.

Three months after this had occurred the police had captured Lucy to put her in jail. When she was being put in jail she mouthed the words " You would have been next!!!! "