Sign in to follow this  
Nomen nescio

Living in girl-friend.....

STOIC   

This one hitted closed to home(Atlanta), let me go check who is missing in the neighbourhood, i will be right back!

Jurnee   

Frankly i think some ppl here are overeacting a little...it looked to me like AJ was making a simple observation at the state of somali ppl living in the west, its not like he gave out names and addresses

for those who said that somalis have been doing worse things, what difference does it make, it still doesnt excuse this type of behaviour

although we may not know the true intentions of these ppl as in they could be islamically married, stories of men and women living together are not uncommon and there is room for discussions as to why these things happen

The only thing that i assume is these ppl that are tryin' 2 make an excuse for such thing are doing da same thing ,,,,,, is there anything else that u can guess ???

Shankaroon,

in defense of AJ, I too was a victim of making an observation like his, only to face virtual redicule, by posting here!

I think it has something to do with the use of language. how one communicates an idea. how unfortunate?

Ciyaalkii meeshaan joogay wasaq beey kusoo baxeen. Waa waxaan xishooneyn. Awoowgeey markuu wax ka yaabiyo arko wuxuu dhihi jiray,

DUF KU BAX, AF AAN IGU OOLIN EDBINTIIS AYAA I DHIBTAY!

Walaahi i found that so awfully wrong and against my nature mainly because of their young age,, i've never seen a girl that young making such bold move and live with someone she has known for only 2 weeks.....

it seem like many SOL'er dont mind a "living in boyfreind" !!

Originally posted by Action Jackson:

quote:Originally posted by SomeAlien:

im not saying its right, bt did you ever think her home life was terrible to begin with, and thats why he offered her a home? i mean, you spoke to him, did he accually sound like he was getting his "girlfriend" to come over, or some girl he met online. i dont know, the fact that shes 19 and completely comfortable living with 2 strange men makes it sound, to me anyway, that she escaped something back home. of course it could be my over active imagination working again.

Well if your logic is correct somalien then its ok for women to prostitute if they cant find a job to feed their kids!!!

with respect to any familial problems she may have running away and living with strangers is not going to make any of that right...
wow, where did you read that? listen, im giving everybody involved the benefit of the doubt here, maybe naively, bt lets assume there is no funny business going on. now why wld someone so young, from a muslim family, move in with 2 strangers of the opp. sexe? to another state in fact? maybe its a temporary stay, a short transition they offered to help her through. doesnt make it correct, bt it also doesnt make her a prostitute. my comments above were not pro moving in with 2 men, (what a party that is) i was just giving one of many possible scenarios that dont involve any funny buisness. lets keep our minds out the gutter for a moment, eh? where did i say it was correct, or even advise or advocate it? i jst dont like assuming the worst especially when it comes to other muslims, which you shld try also. why dont you ask some sisters you know if theyll offer her a place to stay, speak to them all about how theyve breached islamic etiquette and how this girl has put herself in a very vulnerable position. no, lets jst assume the absolute worst (one person even calling her diseased), not do anything about it except tsk tsk online for 5 pages. i mean the way you jumped the gun with my comment ([/qb]Well if your logic is correct somalien then its ok for women to prostitute if they cant find a job to feed their kids!!![/qb]) says alot about you. fyi, about 2 pages into this i was very much in aggreement with you ( i still am, this isnt a light issue), bt than it occured to me we all made a leap of judgement here that none of us are equipped to make. its wrong for unmarried people to live together bt you didnt give a hypothetical situation yre talking about people you accually know... and what you accually know about their situation is very little. theyre living together, what theyre doing you have no idea of. lets admit that for a bit, okay? i mean how do you know theyre even boyfriend and girlfriend? argh, goodness i dnt need to know. however instead of assuming the worst, shaking yr head in dismay online, why dnt you talk to them. seriously, the guy is yr friend right? i mean, you say you wanted to post this to enlighten us about a growing problem in our communitites, well once we know about them, than what? do we not have a responsibility towards our bros and sisters to correct them and/or enlighten them? is it that difficult for you to voice yr concern/dismay/disappointement out to them?

Originally posted by Action Jackson:

it seem like many SOL'er dont mind a "living in boyfreind" !!

AJ

Not many ,,, they're few ,, just few like anywhere else ,,, but they're just makin' a lot of noises to keep their word up ,,,,,

Don't give a damn ,,,, to stay strangers that u never known about them and u r a female ,, it is really horrible regardless what is going on inside under da dark rooms ,,,,,

AJ!, good morining sir.Allow me to go back to your original post . thanks.

this neighbor of mine met a girl in Paltalk few weeks ago, he liked her and she probably liked him too, one day he told me he was going to fly her in and live with him, ofcourse i didnt believe a girl would fly across the country to live in with someone she met online......

AJ!. You dont see a one sided remark on this statement above do you?

You are selectively talking about the action of the girl. I would have beleived your sincereness(about the moral issue here), if youd said, i couldnt beleive a boy will fly a girl and ask her to live with him. But you didnt. But i will give you the benefit of the doubt. maybe i will find it later on in your post.

Thats besides the point. let me quote you some more.

well to my utter disbelief and astonishment homegirl flew all the way from Atlanta to Wisconsin and moved in with him and his brother.... !!!!

Again, one sided. Why didnt you say, i couldnt beleive a boy 20 yr would suggest to make a girl fly? clearly hes also responsible for this. NO?

Aight, maybe you mispoke. or slipped thru your mind. or you were strengthening your original remark(the one i quoted you!). ama let it slide by.

I met her last week and damn.. she was acting like she was in her parents house...... no embarrassment what so ever!!

but

Axem..you went on. ,You dont see a pattern here do you?. Well i think its not a coincidence. i beleive you clearly chose to speak about the girls actions rather than the boy. i beleive you dont see anything wrong with the boy.

Now allow me to be an a$$(assuming here i say). it looks to me from your original post that, You are quite alright with the boys action but shocked with the girls behavior, shcoked you said,id understand, you seem like a good boy,but why didnt you say anything about the boy who made her fly all the way? made her feel at home?

Eitherways, They are both morally wrong, no one here is accepting the fact that its not wrong, but You came across as though you are shocked by a girl moving in with a boy.

Anyways, i beleive you should tell the local sheikh about this issue, talk to the kids and advice them. if not i dont think u have business talkiing about her(since u never mentioned the boys case!). You are probably gonna come back and say something. i will reserve my harshness when u respond. :D

Somalien. good point sister.

dawoco   

This topic would have been a good one to discuss, as to how to deal with the slipping morals of our society. But instead it was turned into the online equivalent of the clown throwing a cake into the face of the serious guy in the front row, though in this case there were many clowns.

AJ I do agree with you, from what you have told us these two youngsters are in way over their heads and the girl should have had more common sense. Yes chauvinist, the girl. We girls are brought up to not trust any guy unless we are married to him and I guess in a time of “gender equality†that teaching isn’t being well received. But then again, I’m basing my opinion on the little that I have read about these two people, so I will condemn the act but not the people in question.

SomeAlien you have spoken wisely, AJ now that you are aware of at least the surface of what is going on it is up to you to take on the role of big brother. It is one thing to look at something bad and frown on it, but I think if the situation is as dire as depicted then a certain responsibility falls on your shoulders to tell the guy off and have a friendly, non lecture talks with the girl. Maybe her parents don’t know where she is. If she wants to be with the guy, assuming that they are more than “friends†then direct them into the right path of engagement.

dawoco   

loool@you chauvinist. You should have just said "listen yeah, i've dug a hole for aj to fall into yeah, so shuush and let us men handle our busines" icon_razz.gif

For a chauvinist you are highly chivalrous, defending the unknown ms and all :D

^lol. Absolutly not!. I just find AJ to be a lil unbalanced here. The issue was about morals and wrong acts.

what i refuse to accept is that, why is that she has to be blamed and ridiculed while the boy goes untouched. seems unfair to me here.NO?

And oh just so you know, there 2 meanings for the word Chauvanist. I get to choose one when i feel like it.

1. Militant devotion to and glorification of one's country; fanatical patriotism.

2.Prejudiced belief in the superiority of one's own gender, group, or kind: “the chauvinism... of making extraterrestrial life in our own image†(Henry S.F. Cooper, Jr ;)

Today, am supportng the great nation of WOO-Mania