Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Desert Flower: The Dubai Thread.

Wiilo   

typical filthy rich arabs!!! what a weste of MONEY , bal maa siiyaan Walaalahood Islamka ah ee u baahan :mad:

Go figure:..................

OG_Girl   

^^ I did not know "filth" rich Arabs were reason of starvation in Africa :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If somalis nearly tried as hard to be peaceful and worked hard enough, they would have been perhaps filthy rich and enjoyed the same wealth and command the same priveledges too ......its shame to some this is development and sense of pride and development and others see it as awaste!!.

You don't like what others have and yet you can't be better than them either, so the only thing working for you is jealousy and negativity redface.gif

Ajeeb.

Salam

Wiilo   
Originally posted by OG_Girl:

[QB] ^^ I did not know "filth" rich Arabs were reason of starvation in Africa :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OG Girl, u got it all wrong, who said they were the reason of starvation in Africa :D:D Walaalahood Islamka ah in general..........

Gp figure:..............

Viking   

I wonder how they can manage to sleep well while Muslims are suffering worldwide. Just imagine if a couple of buildings were sacrificed (not built) and instead use those resources to help the poor people of Darfur. I'd respect them much more then. Allah SWT says that he tests us through our children and wealth.

If somalis nearly tried as hard to be peaceful and worked hard enough, they would have been perhaps filthy rich and enjoyed the same wealth and command the same priveledges too ......its shame to some this is development and sense of pride and development and others see it as awaste!!.

OG GIRL,

These oil-rich Arabs nations didn't "work" hard for their wealth. They have a natural resource that is much sought; they just called in some foreign contractors and paid them to drill the oil.

Pretty skyscrapers I heard another is being built in Taipe and china ....

Brother Viking Arabs do help their fellow muslims through building schools, mosques and funding many projects. Back in Africa, many mosques and schools have been built on Arab wealth and infact alot of the Somali exports like livestocks have been bought by Arabs. So lets not just blame. Besides these huge projects have come about as aresult of the good business environment created by the sheikhdoms. Multi-nationals have contributed alot to the success of the UAE because of its tax policies especially Dubai. On the other hand what do we as Somalis do other than be critics. Somalia has plenty of resources how come it aint doing so well? Forget doing anything for others..what do we do for ourselves. Nadaaa.....So kudos to the brothers for their sucesses

Caveman   

Dubai have doped itself the “Hong-Kong†of the desert, let them built giant landmarks, but remember their wealth didn’t came from brainstorming their people’s minds, it came from digging san dunes for oil. If you have been in Dubai, you’ll notice, UAE is one of the very few Arab Country that has became good hosts to Somalis, yet they don’t invest their own fella Arabs to build on their wealth, virtually all the IT jobs are done by migrant Indians, the civil engineering is mostly done by Americans and Europeans. Lots of IT companies like Sun Microsystems, Cisco system and lots more are in Dubai with very few Arabs. If and when the oil runs out, all they have gained are giant Buildings to show for, and a local population with out the proper knowledge to maintain a modern city.

Salaam!

Later

Originally posted by Caveman:

Dubai have doped itself the “Hong-Kong†of the desert, let them built giant landmarks, but remember their wealth didn’t came from brainstorming their people’s minds, it came from digging san dunes for oil. If you have been in Dubai, you’ll notice, UAE is one of the very few Arab Country that has became good hosts to Somalis, yet they don’t invest their own fella Arabs to build on their wealth, virtually all the IT jobs are done by migrant Indians, the civil engineering is mostly done by Americans and Europeans. Lots of IT companies like Sun Microsystems, Cisco system and lots more are in Dubai with very few Arabs. If and when the oil runs out, all they have gained are giant Buildings to show for, and a local population with out the proper knowledge to maintain a modern city.

True. Dubai is owned by Big Business. The beauty of globalisation.

Caveman its not only the Oils and natural resources that are working for them. I reckon they have now changed their strategy to attracting tourists and Im sure alot of people wouldnt mind taking holidays to them places even when the oils have dried. After all they have the tallest building in the world that alone would generate money.

OG thanks....every society has their good and bad points and we can all prevail on negativities. There should be abalanced argument

about every topic...

Viking   

Quantum Leap,

What I said was from an Islamic point of view. We are supposed to love each other and help each other. Building a few schools and hospitals doesn't mean that they have done their duty to their fellow Muslims, they can do much more. Look at the help USA is giving Israel, $4 billion plus a lot of weaponry and technology EVERY YEAR. Do you think that the Arabs nations (all combined) contribute anything close to that to Muslims worldwide? I doubt that.

The source of their wealth has been the oil and there isn't an easier way to gain wealth in this world. So instead of being kuffar lap-dogs and advertising their city, they should do be more like Muslims ought to be, tone down the extravagance and helps Muslims in need. By this I don't mean financing a couple of schools and buying goats to supress guilt.

OG_GIRL,

I'm not negative, just being pragmatic. Look at Darfur today, Muslim women and children are suffering, they don't have food or shelter but we don't see any major contributions from the Arab nations.

Viking we are muslims but we do not even love each other and we certainly dont help ourselves and neither do we use Islam as a point of reference. Otherwise we wouldnt be in the trouble that we are in. Certainly your point of view is right and your heart and intentions are honourable but on the ground its a different ball game. We should appreciate the little help that comes through to the needy ones and we should also learn to do our bit and help the poor in our own way rather than expect wealth passed over to apeople who cant help themselves albeit having plenty of resources. The fact that if we dont induldge and help ourselves then we cant expect help from one part of the muslim community however rich.

As for Durfur....who is causing all this misery to these people other than fellow muslims aka Sudan Gov.

In Somalia we cant blame anyone other than fellow brothers who happen to be muslims themselves. The rootcause must be noted too b4 expecting handouts

Wiilo   

This has nothing to do with being positive or negative. I agree with Viking. few schools and hostipals are nothing. For the wealthy they have they can help Muslims around the Globe that are surfering, for instance, Palastine alone they can help those kids that their parents being killed or are in jail get homes to live and education. It is not easy task but it is doable.

shyhem   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

^^ I did not know "filth" rich Arabs were reason of starvation in Africa :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think my eyes are playing tricks on me,are u really saying something about Africa?Girl u must be out u're freaking arab mind.

What good are the Arabs for other than pretending to be an American in mojave desert? But the sad news is whatever the arabs try to build,their foundation is still sand and any sane man knows anything built with sand foundation is as good as the sand dunes.

Salma   

^^^ Sands foundation, Is that all what you can say??!Arabs are only americans-wanna-be!! HUH

Wiilo: Dear, why dont you try to find out what good things Arabs did to their brothers Palestineans that you are talking about? B4 judging try to know. They built mosques,schools, hospitals,roads, orphans houses,,,etc. And besides to their business investments, the ARabs you are calling them (Money-wasters) are contributing to the Islamic World in many fields.

Will you ppl be fair for a once in this Website?

OG-G: Girl why don't you come to Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF) this year. We can enjoy our times and discuss about "How 2 build a better future n Somalia". That would include Skycrapers in Somalia :D

إرضاء الناس غاية لا تدرك

Salam

Wiilo   

I'm judging any 1 here, yeah we know they did a lot so what! is not enough, besides, when u want help someone u should help someone who really needs the help..

U know what! let them build whatever they want, as u know the world is coming to end when ppl star building tall BUILDINGS and brag about it, it is a sign, Allow inoo dambi dhaaf dhammaanteen. Waa "Aaqiro Samaan"

Wabillaah:.............