Sign in to follow this  
Khalaf

Why not Believe? Reasons for Agnosticism/Atheism and Why Islam is Right?

Emperor   

Catalyst Say Astaqfurullah, that cannot be a joke if you are a Muslim, repent Catalyst and beware of your tongue..

Hadii kale ood diinta diiday dee kuwaa hore diinta uga baxsanaa madhaamaysid inaad kahoosaysid mooyee.

Ms DD   

Originally posted by Catalyst:

Amin this, amin that.

What if, just what if all your prayers were to a non existing deity? How would that make you feel?

You guys need to learn that some people hold different beliefs to your own. If you choose to believe in Mohamed then thats your business, just dont force it upon others.

Wasalaamu calaykum waraxmatullahi wabarakaato
:D

Ka darroo dibi dhal!

Originally posted by Catalyst:

Amin this, amin that.

What if, just what if all your prayers were to a non existing deity? How would that make you feel?

:D

Catalyst, "IF" is just a wishful hope. In faith and religion there is no room for "IFs". You take it wholly and believe it.

You guys need to learn that some people hold different beliefs to your own. If you choose to believe in Mohamed then thats your business, just dont force it upon others.

I dont think there is any enforcement going on here. Asking for allah's guidance is a daily prayer in islam. Inshallah,its only fair to listen to the other person,but its also fair that person knows alot about islam as opposed to a bit . Dont you think so?

May allah guide us to the right path,amin.

Cara.   

Faaraxov, don't mistake a disinclination to claiming I have complete knowledge on anything for ignorance. It's merely academic modesty :D

Khalaf, you sure have a chip on your shoulder. You want people to attack your faith so you can go forth on cyber-jihad and defend it. For all the talk of our arrogance, it's you who created this thread, refused to accept my refusal to participate on a personal level, and generally are making a nuisance of yourself. I'm not interested in attacking your views, that's just bad manners. I may occasionally defend mine, as the mood strikes me. Unlike a whole lot of people here, I'm not too interested in elevating myself by putting others down.

Ayan Hirsi doesn't speak for me, and attacking me by proxy is not going to make her go away. Just let it go, man.

Catalyst   

Catalyst, "IF" is just a wishful hope. In faith and religion there is no room for "IFs". You take it wholly and believe it.

Faarax, thats funny because many people view the whole religion thing as one big "IF" :D

I agree though, its a matter of belief.

Khalaf   

Cara, the analogy of Ms. Hirsi was only to show never have the former muslims as they call themseleves put for an argument against the aqeedah of Islam. It is only fair request, and not personal nor is attacking others and putting others down, but simply showing why Islam aqeedah is false since as they say they former Muslims. Why the relectancy to debate against the Islamic aqeedah (concept of God in Islam)?

Catlyst is same cat that was arguing somalilanders are eyul bayt, saying Hassan ra left children and using false shiate sources, hes lies have proven wrong by Mr. Yoonis...i wouldnt take him seriously. But everything/evidence points to a creator sxb. And athiesm theory has been proven to be false by logic, reason, scientfic evidence! And question will be for u which religion is right?

Amiin to ur dawah Brown.

Faaraxov, don't mistake a disinclination to claiming I have complete knowledge on anything for ignorance. It's merely academic modesty

Aaah. You were not being Sincere? icon_razz.gif

Whatever the case,walaal, I am sure you have your reasons. I,too,I am curious as to what made you conclude that Islam is not "So nice of a religion" for you.

Of course,you have every right to decline private queries,but,as a muslim,i would like to know what a made a former Muslim jump ship.

I agree though, its a matter of belief

Glad you agree. Sir

Catalyst   

Khalaf, could you elaborate on what false sources I was using at the time?

I see you didnt join the discussion because you were giving space for "the more knowledgable" as you like to put to talk, right?

You have never been the one to argue in religions matters, why start now? :D

Faarax, you're a very respectable forumer, I applaud you my friend, (couldnt say brother for obvious reasons :D ).

Jacpher   

Faarax, I agree faith is as important as life and death to some but not all. I think we should keep in mind such importance of faith whenever we try to teach others. The goal is not to convert or poke fun at whatever their belief might be. You don’t walk up to a lady and start preaching her about polygamy & Islam and expect her to listen to your message. As odd as it may sound, some of us do that kind of things causing more damage than good. There’s a fine line between enjoining good and forbidding evil, and then there’s the science of dacwa.

Cara is clearly outnumbered here and Khalaf may have a good intention of convincing her but the goal should not be to covert or put her in uncomfortable position so she shares he personal life with complete strangers. One should just put the message out there in the open so people don’t feel pressured to take or decline. I used to have a co-worker who was planning to join the peace corp and possibly travel to Muslim country. He was interested in learning Islam so I got some flyers from the mosque and gave him. He complained the flyers didn’t help much and were worded as sales pitch. He didn't want to compromise his Christian faith. He just needed to learn not pushed to convert. I suggested he see the local Imam. Some times we want to do something but the opposite happens.

Have you seen Yoonis trying hard to convince Cara of the fitra concept? I bet she got more confused.

Khalaf   

There was no point to join that discussion, it wasnt the first nor the last, as far as im concerned regarding those types of topics cats can claim to be decendents of whomever they want, more power to em. What I found odd was u Catalyst here seem like an athiest on one hand and on the other was a staunch defender of Islamic history (a pointview), using Muslim history and sources. but to remind u it was u who ran away from that debate ;)

http://www.somaliaonline.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=009078;p=2#000017 .

As for me, I am humble and have long way to increase my almi nor am I the most knowlegeable person here, thus no shame in admiting that especially when the likes of brother Nur are on here for them to take the lead. I only put up this topic and highlighted, this has been done before these former Muslims as they call themselves never adress the Islamic Aqeedah (concept of God in Islam-tawhiid). Why I wonder? Mida Kale anyone can give long essays of argumentation and paste articles to argue their case, but that was not my intention, my interest was for once the former Muslims here as they call themselves to put forth an arguement against Islamic aqeedah since they have never done so, we will then be able counter it and overall show why atheism is false.

Cara.   

You guys want to know my reasons? Either wait for the book like I said, OR navigate to the first page of this thread and read the list of reasons Khalaf gave. No heart-rending story forthcoming. No personal vendetta against Islam.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble Khalaf, but to me Islam is just a faith like all the other faiths. The onus is on you to explain why it's so special. If you want to show why atheism is false, go ahead. You specifically opened this thread with a list of reasons for atheism, a list which you said was laughable. Yet you have as yet to explain why the list strikes you as so ridiculous. Anytime someone tries to pin you down you run and hide under Nur's macawis and claim ignorance. Grow up.

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

Faarax, I agree faith is as important as life and death to some but not all. I think we should keep in mind such importance of faith whenever we try to teach others. The goal is not to convert or poke fun at whatever their belief might be. You don’t walk up to a lady and start preaching her about polygamy & Islam and expect her to listen to your message. As odd as it may sound, some of us do that kind of things causing more damage than good. There’s a fine line between enjoining good and forbidding evil, and then there’s the science of dacwa.

Cara is clearly outnumbered here and Khalaf may have a good intention of convincing her but the goal should not be to covert or put her in uncomfortable position so she shares he personal life with complete strangers. One should just put the message out there in the open so people don’t feel pressured to take or decline. I used to have a co-worker who was planning to join the peace corp and possibly travel to Muslim country. He was interested in learning Islam so I got some flyers from the mosque and gave him. He complained the flyers didn’t help much and were worded as sales pitch. He didn't want to compromise his Christian faith. He just needed to learn not pushed to convert. I suggested he see the local Imam. Some times we want to do something but the opposite happens.

Have you seen Yoonis trying hard to convince Cara of the fitra concept? I bet she got more confused.

I totally agree. You can’t force anyone to come forth & explain there private decisions.Khalaf, rightly or wrongly, engaged her; She has respectfully declined and rightly so if I may add. She is not obligated to answer to some anonymous cyber name.

But, dont you want to know what made a former Muslim doubt his/her faith? I totally understand if the person is a non Muslim, but, i was just curious as to what makes a Muslim jump ship.

I grew up in a Christian nation, with a very good percentage of Muslims. I have seen many Christians revert to Islam and many toured towns and villages to tell the locals why they reverted to Islam. Many of these reverts were clergy who mastered their former religions well.They, would eloquently point out flaws and compare them to Islam, many a times, they have convinced a number of fence sitters.

On the other hand, I have seen a number of Muslims denounce the religion, Call it biased observation, but I have never seen them give out concrete and coherent reasons for abandoning the faith. Many, sadly, mentioned a triviality of reasons. Things like the behaviors and practices of Muslims etc.

Catalyst,LOL. Unless,otherwise you are a white chick,You can call me brother

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

You don’t walk up to a lady and start preaching her about
polygamy & Islam
and expect her to listen to your message.

Thats the most interesting quote in this thread. :D

So polygamy and Islam go hand in hand maalmahan miyaa? Honestly, I've never done any decent dacwa but this wasnt how I imagined it.

Would you be interested in learning about Polygamy and Islam?

Polygamy ey?

Yeah, Islam allows you to have four wives.

Sign me up bruv (men). :D / Laterz loser (women). icon_razz.gif

Catalyst   

I never "ran" away from any debate in that particualr discussion . It was unfortunate that the brother on the other end had absolutely no knowledge of Arabic which turned our discussion into a fruitless shouting match.

my interest was for once the former Muslims here as they call themselves to put forth an arguement against Islamic aqeedah since they have never done so, we will then be able counter it and overall show why atheism is false.

And there was me thinking you were trying to return your lost brethren into the rightous path redface.gif

Anyways, Its nice to be humble.. good on you. My only advice is to respect other people's views on matters as you'd like them to respct yours, dont fall into the trap that is the notion of right and wrong, its all a waste of time and money my friend.