Sign in to follow this  
sweet_gal

Article--------Black Hawk Down

Somali people still defiant

What do u think......? DO u agree.....I saw the movie and it made me think somali people are crewl for draging a dead guy on the floor....It was pretty disgusting to watch I was ashamed.....

'BLACK HAWK DOWN': PENTAGON WAR PROPAGANDA

By Johnnie Stevens

Hollywood produces bad movies all the time. But "Black Hawk Down" is more than bad. It is a conspiracy by the Pentagon and Hollywood to distort history and demonize the Somali people, right when the administration is considering another invasion of that battered and impoverished African country.

The Pentagon commended director Ridley Scott for rushing the film's release after 9/11. The Motion Picture Association of America arranged a private screening for senior White House advisors. Vice President Dick Cheney attended. So did Contragate criminal Col. Oliver North, as well as a group of U.S. Army Rangers.

"Black Hawk Down" pretends to tell the story of what happened on Oct. 3, 1993, when tens of thousands of Somali people, most of them civilians, fought off an attack by U.S. Rangers and Delta Force commandos in the center of the capital city, Mogadishu.

The heavily armed U.S. troops had come in Humvees and Black Hawk helicopters to try and kidnap Mohamed Farrah Aidid and two of his lieutenants. They intended to take them to a ship anchored off the coast. Aidid was the Somali leader most resistant to U.S. efforts to establish military and economic domination in the area, under the pretext of providing food aid.

The arrogant and racist presence of 28,000 U.S. troops was hated by the Somali people. Sent there originally by George Bush Sr. in December 1992, they had opened machine gun fire on unarmed protesters and flown their helicopters so low over the city that the downdraft pulled the tin roofs off people's houses.

When one of the helicopters sent to capture Aidid crashed near a crowded market and reinforcements were sent in with guns blazing, the Somali people responded in a massive uprising against them.

'SHOOTING AT ANYONE AND ANYTHING'

The 16-hour battle ended in hundreds of Somali deaths-- helicopter gunships fired indiscriminately on the people in the streets and market. Mark Bowden, in his book on which this film claims to be based, wrote: "The Task Force Ranger commander, Maj. Gen. William F. Garrison, testifying before the Senate, said that if his men had put any more ammunition into the city 'we would have sunk it.' Most soldiers interviewed said that through most of the fight they fired on crowds and eventually at anyone and anything they saw."

U.S. forces with their sophisticated weapons have wreaked death and destruction on many oppressed peoples--most recently in Afghanistan. What made this battle different was that it ended in the deaths of 18 elite U.S. Army Rangers, the Pentagon's biggest battle loss since the Vietnam War. This led to a hasty U.S. withdrawal from the country.

The Somalis were jubilant at having defeated these flying death machines. "Black Hawk Down" was really a Somali people's victory over what had been considered the invincible Rangers and Delta Force.

But the film, in the words of New York Times critic Elvis Mitchell, "converts the Somalis into a pack of snarling dark- skinned beasts ... it reeks of glumly staged racism." (Dec. 28, 2001)

That's what the Pentagon wants U.S. audiences to get out of the film. Racism and fear of Third World peoples are being whipped up here as the Bush administration moves to spread its war of domination in Afghanistan to other Third World countries.

But the reaction the film is getting elsewhere in the world is far different.

SOMALIS STILL DEFIANT

CNN reported on Jan. 22 that hundreds of Somalis crowded into an outdoor playground just a mile from the battle site to watch one of the first copies of "Black Hawk Down" to reach their country. "Audience members seemed to take delight in scenes of U.S. defeat. Each time an American chopper went down in the film, the audience cheered. Every time an American serviceman was killed, the audience cheered some more."

Afterward, some of the Somalis criticized the accuracy of the film. But they were proud of the resistance it showed. "As you can see, Somalis are brave fighters," one man said. "If the Americans come back to fight us, we shall defeat them again."

This film was released soon after the Bush administration in November shut down the overseas branches of the Somali-owned Al-Barakaat banking and telecommunications firm, which Somalis living abroad had used to send money home. It was a cruel blow aimed at destroying the Somali economy and bringing the people to their knees in the face of starvation. But two months later, the Somali people have refused to be broken--as their reaction to the film showed.

Several groups in the U.S. are calling for a boycott of this film and see it as evidence of the Pentagon's continuing desire to reinvade Somalia, under the pretext this time of fighting "terrorism."

Larry Holmes of the International Action Center points out that the film "is being linked to new war moves against Somalia, a poor country believed to have unexplored oil reserves."

Activists are particularly angry at the decision to hold the film's Washington, D.C., premiere on Jan. 15--the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. "Dr. King was an outspoken opponent of the Vietnam War. How dare they hold a gala showing of this racist film on the 73rd anniversary of his birth," said Sarah Sloan, a youth organizer for the IAC. The group plans to protest the film and leaflet filmgoers with educational material on what really happened in 1993.

The Somali Justice Advocacy Center in Minneapolis has also called for a boycott of the film. Its executive director, Omar Jamal, was visited by the FBI after the group criticized U.S. policy on Somalia and the shutting down of money transfer facilities here.

MD   

Yeah ive seen this article,but never seen the movie i thought about it whats the point of seeing the movie and supporting them with my money.. i think they deserve it we shall drag more bodies :D:D

Blessed   

You know what after watching them laugh at the skinies I didn't feel sorry for the morons. Besides, they anit telling the world the full story just their version of events ... do you know how many Somalis were killed while they were 'maintaining the peace'!

I thought the movies was a joke .. I think me and my mates were the only ones laughing ... all the background Somali - gave me jokes.

RaMpAgE   

i was really ashamed not coz they drag death person, but they were so ugly . damn ugly dark and ignorents.

don't believe evertthing u see in the movies..those people won't somalis, and anways who cares wether the body was draged or not..just some gaalo.

Just some galaa What do u think u are......And that galaa was made by god and ur no better then them......Why do somali people think there the chosen people of this earth if it isn;t the white people then it's the black that u all call "rock, dagax and black even though some of us are as dark if not darker then them"....Don't reply with non-sense I dont like pople with that kinda idea on life and other human beings........

ANd for ur information that Galaa wouldn't be galaa if they knew the true religion......I thought they were faking it and did it for propaganda reasons in the beginning but then I realized it was real and they actually did it..

ANd not it wasnt funny.....There was absolutley nothing funny about it.....People dying and blood being sheed isn't funny.....Plus the whole movie was about people dying how u gonna sit there and say it was funny.....It wasn't comedy.....ANd OG_girl dont descriminate am sure no one likes to be called pretty it's not like everyone who saw u would think ur pretty........

og-gal: u asked 4 this one! ok!lol..

when they were making this film, alot of the malis

in la were paid good $ to humilate themselves. well i can assure u i did nt have no part of it! my soul is not for sale!

one thing i know, is that a movie made for american audiance will always portray the others as stupid, ugly etc., why do u think actors just go to the movie set and voila! no, they go through hours and hours of make-up!!

last but noT the least!!! if you have .5% of african blood, remember your R considered as blaaaack. i really gotta ask this q's? do u really consider yourself white!!

REMEMBER BLACK IS BEAUTIFULL: :confused:

Adna   

Salaama calaykum

I personally think this movie has been made in MAROCCO, SO IF THEY WERE UGLY OR NOT THEY WEREN'T SOMALI ANY WAYS SO, OG GIRL, COOL OFF NOW WE AREN'T THAT UGLY REMEMBER SOMALIDA DON'T LOOK A LIKE THE OTHER PARTS OF AFRICA,,, MUCH LOVE TO YA'LL,,, BUT ONE O FOR GOT WHEN I SAW THIS MOVIE WE WERE ME AND MY AUNT AND I WAS SCARED CUZ I THOUGHT OUR ASS WILL GOT WHIPPED,,, WHOO THSNK GOD,,,, ANY WAYS MACSALAAMA

yo right it was shot in morroco!! but voice dubbing was done la. i have never seen it and never will!! u remember who got wipped!!

i did know the day it happen, and this white guy in school comes to me and tell what fu...u guys do? i am going say what! come again! hey u guy dragged dead people around the street!!! i am going yaaa!

i go back to the dorm watch the news! me my african-american buddies were clapping yeah! its about time some 1 kicked uncle sam's ass! lol

OG Moti   

hey hey hey.... are we talking the Sawahili movie Black Hawk Down, man that was not somali and i havent seen single somali in the movie... second .. I think somali people are a bit lost, some of u seem to put their emotions into the movie it was a badly done and one sided movie, we drugged what? 2 or 3 americans and how many we lost, have u seen any close up camera on any somali except the guy who got blown up.. and i bet you all bought the the american who was reaching to the picture of his young family, forgive me admin but the movie was full of $hit and it no good for nothing, not Action, not historical, or any other material, it was a joke... americans trying to win the hearts and make us look bad... anyway OG_girl shame on you .. what is wrong with black, i am black and proud and i would not exchange my blackness to any other color, read my signeture,

the real story of Black Hawk down

Americans came to our country without a plan and with no human intentions, they came to test their army and weapons, and to give some practice to there army force, they understimated the skinny a$$es as they called us, and we tought them a lesson they will never forget, he said what "Somalis can not shoot straight, it will take us 15 minutes and no need for night vision equipment" guess what .. you were wrong and ur a$$ got kicked...they went home with their tails between their legs, with shame and wonder.. after somalis can shoot better than Iraqis or even Afghans..almost another Vietnam.. the End

that is what happen... peace

I don't know what all the fighting about the this movie is. everyone here knows that movie was only made for propaganda. they just made another one like that about Nigeria I forgot the name of it. it has the Die Hard movies guy in it. it basicly had the same plot same storyline and it made black africans look like the devil. same old hollywood crap. don't waste your time or money for their filth. and to all those confused people in S.O.L IF YOU ARE SOMALI THEN YOU ARE BLACK! no matter what your shade is. never seen a white somali in my life never will. The idea of black skin being inferior was created thousands of years ago after those cave dwellers in europe came down and stole your knowledge of the world, said they came up with it,then erased it from our collective memorey and told us we were never more than what we currently are. What makes it worse is there are people here educated enough to know this and who still insist on not being called what they are......BLACK AFRICAN. we might have a little mix of this and that but overall we are still black........ :mad: .just had to vent that frustration out. I call it MJD or the Micheal Jackson Disease. hatin on da skin that Allah gave you. thats just my input, peace out.

Thank you OG_Moti mate for those wise words there. Every one seems confused. The film was the most degrading thing I have ever seen and one day those producers will be shot in the you-know-what area. In fact if I had the chance I would fly to the homes of those devils and perform this ritual right now ;) .

QoxootiMammi

QoxootiMammi

thats why i didnt want any part of it!!! no matter how much money thy were giving! somethings are not 4 sale! amen!

og-gal! ya Ismraaniya!lol

ey sweet gal ..i don't mean to offend you but a thousand plus of my brothers sisters died from an invading army back in my country and your here defending there cause. u got the heart with you but u lack the mind u must understand that in times of extremes ..extreme *sh happens i mean women were fighting kids were fighting getting killed and 18 americans died compared to the thousands of somalis.. so check this out whats that ratio anyways 1 american to the thousand somalis..gimme a break anywayz i'm gonna have to disagree with you on that.. chick... sweet gal ur oppinions are heartfelt but thats just about it your intentions are good. but intentions without the makings of logic and rationale' are just intentions so keep that blabber away to urself because i have no take backs..

drag the ****in coward all over the street . he was shooting at you and you were shooting at him.

he killed your brother ur gonna give him a proper funeral.. gimme a break now won't chu ..

peace out.

XayaT   

tha brotha above is right sweet gal.

after all tha crap they put us ppl trough we gotta be da "bigger" person. i don't think so who said "a eye for a eye" not us

while we were loungin' in europe or tha state our ppl were trying to stay alive day after day while some white men were practicing on them with guns. how human is that? we sure weren't those who went to state and open fire coz we think we R betta than all tha other ppl in this world(hint hint)

do u know that german UN soldiers lock two kids of the age 11, who were just a lil innoying in a empty wather tank and put it under tha hot sun till their were frite to death? i bet u didn't coz no one is bringin that news worldwide.

I just wanna say that in war their R NO rulez, everythang is fair and cruel!

may allah easy up on us at jugdement day