Sign in to follow this  
runawayvirgin

The L Scare..........>

Jumatatu   

Inteligence is adhering to your values and believes, and in respecting that of others which will gain you mutual respect. But by undermining your tenets in order to accomodate other believes is not tolerance and progressive. Having come to live in the west and taking the 'caydh' doesnt mean we have to under value our principles and morality for that sake. It is sad to say that it is a common practice of my society.

i'm afraid we are deviating from the subject just a tad here, sorry runaway^virgin

Jumatatu, saaxiib, dont think i'm being hasty if i try not to take advice on tollerance and mutual respect from you in between you cutting them up, feeding them to the hyenas and reviving our lost cultural values.

No our principles aren't for sale, nor are they there to be taken lightly or used to justify hatred and malice towards any of gods creatures.

Inteligence is adhering to your values and believes, and in respecting that of others which will gain you mutual respect.

Please tell me how you wrote that without a hint of irony

But by undermining your tenets in order to accomodate other believes

ummm so it doesnt happen in our world, it got imported with coca cola and mc'd's...

and this bull on being progressive ... where?

A world in which its seen as progressive to respect another individuals privacy and rights to a peacful life would indeed be very sad.

mr. caano enlightenment carries a darkening ignorance on da back end after all. let it be know when u lack the knowledge on the fundamentals of tawhiid u end up like mr. caano.

BOB   

it was Sunday when I met her down by the lake

she asked me, hey, what is that you make?

i said, I am just learning how to bake

she asked, what kind of lessons do you take?

i replied, it's called Farxiyo's mighty Jake

then she screamed, for goodness sake

i told her not to yell as I am fully awake

she replied, no look at that mighty snake

i calmly replied, no it's my little friend mike

i asked her if she would like to taste my cake?

she thought all I wanted was to mate

so she replied, no waryaa I am a dyke

i said, yeah Xaliimo and my name is Ike

she said, no it's really not a joke

i said, and then Xaliimo you need to take a hike

she asked if she can I still taste my cake?

i replied, nah somebody else will eat this cake.

RV, tell your friend that my friend would love to be her friend, what do you think my friend?

juba   

Originally posted by BOB:

it was Sunday when I met her down by the lake

she asked me, hey, what is that you make?

i said, I am just learning how to bake

she asked, what kind of lessons do you take?

i replied, it's called Farxiyo's mighty Jake

then she screamed, for goodness sake

i told her not to yell as I am fully awake

she replied, no look at that mighty snake

i calmly replied, no it's my little friend mike

i asked her if she would like to taste my cake?

she thought all I wanted was to mate

so she replied, no waryaa I am a dyke

i said, yeah Xaliimo and my name is Ike

she said, no it's really not a joke

i said, and then Xaliimo you need to take a hike

she asked if she can I still taste my cake?

i replied, nah somebody else will eat this cake.

RV, tell your friend that my friend would love to be her friend, what do you think my friend?

what the hell?!

Broadway_Me: no, you don't know this one ;)

Bob: are you a lesbo cupid now! :D

Caano Geel: My 1st question was not about judging my friend's behavior or justifying it. I just wanted to know whether I was freaking out for no reason or if I had the right to freak out! Our religion clearly tells us to treat people equally and to respect human dignity, which means I do not have to tolerate her choices but I can still respect her as a human.

Our religion clearly tells us to treat people equally and to respect human dignity, which means I do not have to tolerate her choices but I can still respect her as a human.

This political correctedness thing is going to far...how can you..in your right mind...say that our religion says to 'RESPECT' someone who Allah hates? Who Allah and his angels curse? Who is the source for Allah's anger?

Respect is EARNED sis. You can't just give it to anyone...just for being human...for being born. It seems nowadays that the word RESPECT has lost its meaning and is being thrown every which way.

but I can still respect her as a human.

That must be the most overused and misused cliche ever. So following that logic...you respect Sharon? Bush? Warlords? Rapists? Child Molesters? Cause they are afterall humans too.

J.Lee   

Respect being earned and not given freely is a western concept and were we to follow that concept then we would be disagreeing with the teachings of Islam. As muslims we, dare I say are obligated to respect our elders, parents, brothers, sisters, etc. without having them earn that respect. We give it freely. Furthermore, as a human being there is a measure of respect/regard that is due to you for just being human/born, it is called civil rights.

Originally posted by $187$:

More females are born compared to male. The world consists of more female than male and will reportedly go up to 1 male to 50 females. Because of this we are getting all kinds of women such as lesbians.

Brother, with all due respect :D you just explained why Feminism exists not lesbianism. Lesbians loathe men with passion so that rules out the idea they are trying to be more like men.

This political correctedness thing is going to far...how can you..in your right mind...say that our religion says to 'RESPECT' someone who Allah hates? Who Allah and his angels curse? Who is the source for Allah's anger?

SO, what do you suggest i should tell brenda, my co worker who is the sweetest thing i have ever laid eyes on? that i shouldnt respect a lesbian ???

Brother, with all due respect you just explained why Feminism exists not lesbianism. Lesbians loathe men with passion so that rules out the idea they are trying to be more like men

MsWord. whats the difference? :D

^^^Is that supposed to be a trick question?

Respect: noun: 1. the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded)

2. an attitude of admiration or esteem

MsWord. Yes you are right on some points. But the sis said "I have to repect her as a human". No you don't. Where did that come from? And Im being general here...because I have heard it so many times.

IF a person is blantly going against Allah...or if he/she is not muslim...is commiting acts that are illegal or morally wrong....are you supposed to respect them? How does that go?

In the case of family...If your elder is a child molester, theif, wife-beater...you are supposed to respect him/her? Because it says to "respect your elders"?

Sis there is a limit to everything...and I still believe that respect has to be earned.

I think people are mixing up the words-respect and tolerate. You can tolerate a person without respecting them. IN the case of homosexuals...its between them and Allah. All you can do is advice them...if not part ways.

Furthermore, as a human being there is a measure of respect/regard that is due to you for just being human/born, it is called civil rights.

Yes. But that is people in general. We are not talking about them individually.

Respect: noun: 1. the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded)

2. an attitude of admiration or esteem

You took the whole meaning of the word Literally to a whole new level.

you still didnt asnwer my q. what should i do with Brenda?

J.Lee   

Brown, The difference is Lesbians are feminine-men and Feminists are masculine-women :D Tell Brenda to get a Man.

I think people are mixing up the words-respect and tolerate. You can tolerate a person without respecting them

Dark, I disagree because to tolerate is to recognize and respect the rights, beliefs, or practices of others thus why you can't tolerate a person without respecting them for toleration is a form of respect.

Yes. But that is people in general. We are not talking about them individually.

Civil rights are individual rights thought it is for people in general.

In the case of family...If your elder is a child molester, theif, wife-beater...you are supposed to respect him/her? Because it says to "respect your elders"?

I guess it goes by case but by respect I don't mean hold the child molester/thief/wife beater in regard or esteem but rather respectfully get them help by respectfully dialing 9-1-1 to put them behind bars.

On a serious note, respect has alot of forms and definitions than the one you mentioned. Showing patience/tolerance to an elder means you're respecting them without holding them in esteem and in regard.

Dark Angel:This is how I see it, whether she is straight or gay I still respect the fact she's human. You know why? because she's someone my Allah created and the day is not too far where she'll be judged by Him for her "choices" in all aspects. You said it yourself "would I respect someone who killed, rapped or molested?" well, she hasn't kill or rape anyone.

mr. caano enlightenment carries a darkening ignorance on da back end after all.

Ahh, there is nothing i love more than witless prophesies, V-V, your bought up one of my favourite subject,

let it be know when u lack the knowledge on the fundamentals of tawhiid u end up like mr. caano.

Now come on saaxiib, put those nails away, I'm certain the good people of SOL could never fall that low.

Lesbians loathe men with passion

Should i watch my back, why wasn't i told before? could they of harmed already?

No my safety aside, I see we're fast recruiting warriors for the moral salvation front, i must of missed the sign up posters.

NGONGE   

^^^^^ Seeing that you let loose straight after I posted my contribution to this thread, I’m left with the impression that my words were somewhat distasteful to your sensitive taste, saaxib!

I took no position on this issue (or rather, didn’t want to air my views). Try not to take my story (true story by the way) literally and just follow the moral of it (I’m not comparing humans to dogs).

For what it’s worth, I’m erring on your side of the argument here. Those opposing you are not presenting any solid refutations to your, rather, convoluted logic.

The question that always irks me when faced with such discussion is one concerned with non-Muslims and whether they should adhere to Islamic rules! Is it ok to respect a non-believer? If it’s ok to respect such a person, one that does share our faith, does it matter if this non-believer was homosexual or not? Why?