Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

Barack Obama and the ‘Bradley effect’

^^^I think NOT-- Bradley was never as popular as Obama. Infact a great majority of blacks did not support him. On the other hand, the polls show that Obama has almost 97% of the black vote in check. These blacks along with the many young voters he has energized; plus all the liberal white democrats, will ensure that Obama wipes the floor with McCain, come election day.

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California

peasant   

How come we never saw Bradley effect during the primaries when Hilary was competing, I think we are going to experiance more like the Obama effect...

^ New Hampshire primaries was a perfect example of the bradley effect, obama was up over ten points in the polls only to end up loosing to clinton. I wouldn't easily discount the bradley effect, this will be a lot closer than the polls are predicting.

peasant   

^ Hey you forget to mention there was a crying involved winning that place and can Mccain put on fake tears this time to swing some of the momentum on his side?

white Californians, in interviews with pollsters, did not want to be seen as racists and had indicated that they would vote for Bradley, a black politician. However, in the anonymity of the polling booths, they could not countenance doing so and had voted for Deukmejian.

HAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ! ! ! !

Ibtisam   

Why is Obama stuck on 56% and 57%, how come the polls does not range. There is something really fishy going on. HE will not win, I agree with the poster.

Abtigiis   

While I still think this guy looks a bit lucky and might win, I don't belief the polls one bit! Armaa loo been guurayaa miskiinka madoow?

AYOUB   

The gringos did vote for people like W and Arnold (the actor with the surname I can't spell) so anything is possible. At the end of the day Obama might win the popular vote and still lose the election because of the US electoral points system.

Obama will win the next election, hands down. It would not be a miracle if he lost, it would be outright theft and underhandedness. And I very much doubt anyone wants to risk going down that route in this time of economic crisis.

I’m surprised some of you even hold the view that he might loose… not sure what your sources of information are… because everything I read (and even the sub-text), says he is the next US president.

Don't go over the moon Serenity, they just say what they want and later on change to another direction without even appology. Remember Saddam Hussein and his Mass Destruction weapons ?? ,, like everybody was sure about it but nothing until now ....

The Zack   

Huessein will win this election in a landslide. He will capture at least 300 electoral votes and win the popular vote by 7% or more. McCain may benefit from some measure of the Bradley Effect, but that advantage will be overwhelmed by African-American turnout, Palin-induced defections by moderates, and under-funded, unenthusiastic GOP get-out-the-vote efforts. This week’s update shows Obama with a 375-163 electoral vote edge. The actual result may be a tad closer, but I’d be less surprised if his victory surpassed even that landslide tally.

P.s. Bradley effect was 1982, 26 years ago, race was still a big factor in the U.S.

I was convinced he would not make it past the primaries .. so im not so sure anymore .. maybe he has a good chance.

if he does win ... people have such a high expectation of this guy that he cannot possibly deliver 50% of what he promises .. that is when they will start to turn on him

If Obama doesn't win, then clearly there is undertone of racism in America or his big lead could put some people off. Most of the polls have him up over ten points, either outcome should be interesting.

Of course in the big scheme of things an obama presidency doesn't change anything in the word, his rhetoric about hope and change is just that, and jews and big corporations will always run the west.

But, white people might just change the rules even if he wins as chris rock said, they'll be like "you got the most votes, too bad you lost. we used to count votes, we count bacon now"

I am in Tampa, Florida for a conference and I see excited Obama supporters everywhere I go. Obama is running serious ads in the Sunshine State and Governor Crist has just extended the early voting hours to 12 which is a dreadful news for McCain. I have been seeing enormous lines at voting spots. It is just astounding.

Obama's only enemy at this point is complacency. McCain may still prevail in Florida as this is a state with complex demographics, but I can honestly say the old man will not have it easy.

If this new "VIDEO" doesn't damage his campaign in the next few days, Obama seems almost certain for a win.

PS: "Bradley Effect" is a myth.