Sign in to follow this  
Fyr

Snowfall in Somalia reported

Fyr   

Snowfall in Somalia reported

Wed. June 01, 2005 10:36 am.

The first snowfall on this part of the world has claimed one life and caused extensive damage to properties. Puntland, northeastern part of Somalia has never recorded snowfall before last night when snow storms with high winds destroyed homes in Rako town.

The storm left a blanket of snow on the ground, something residents had never seen in their lives before. Aside from this unexplained snowfall on this tropical land, Somalia has experienced very strange weather in the past few months.

Floods killed people and forced rivers to overflow banks in almost all parts of the country. Many cities from Hargeisa in the north to Baladweyn in central were affected badly by heavy rains and floods. Many people were killed and thousands of livestock washed away by this strange weather. The country is still struggling to recover from last month’s killer weather.

With no effective central government, Somalia doesn’t have weather prediction or climate monitoring systems in place. Somalis think this unusual weather and last night’s previously unheard of snowfall are part of the global warming phenomena.

shyhem   

Finally Somalia is on the news without the mention of some crazy warlords.I guess things are getting better in Somalia,wish them the best.

Qac Qaac   

hope more snow comes, so they could put the guns down, and all could think about how they gonna survive from this snowfall... also the cold could lower their hot tempered too...

NoVa   

^^^But woudln't that be a lil bit Scary thought..??? I'mean its not like they have the nessesary outfits for it....i' can't imagine Somalia having a Snow....Somethings just happend i'guess...

Fyr   

hope more snow comes, so they could put the guns down, and all could think about how they gonna survive from this snowfall... also the cold could lower their hot tempered too...

LOL :D

They would queue Dahabshill in no time to receive winter cloths send by their relatives in the west, somalis know how to adapt. ;)

NoVa   

^^Right Outfitz, intresting, a Gun or BOots? hmmmm...Intresting, I'think Qaxooti's will take the' gunka hade...by the way, Raatkeyga maa iska dhaaftid... :D;)icon_razz.gif

u gotta be kidding me!!loool.. did santa showed up!! on camel-sledge...no way!! believe me, i aint felt no snow yet, but watch it from the mt peaks at my window!!....

snow! is not for african blood! so i am alergic to it!!.....! gimme the sun any day, and i be aigt!!.