Apophis

Kenya is a friend now

Tallaabo   
10 hours ago, galbeedi said:

I think the Qatar process is bigger than what the eyes could see.  It could be said that both Qatar and UAE has more influence than large European countries like Germany, France or Italy. There are reports that Qatar has embarked to resolve three major issues regarding Somalia and the region. They have already contacted both the United States and UK. Qatari lobbyists had already succeeded and convinced the powers about their moves.

When you see USA or others making big noises , it is always about the opposite of what they are referring. They might be talking about extension or elections, but the realis sue is always beyond what they pronounce.

The biggest concern of the US and UK is the threat of China taking over major Somali ports. Qatar has assured America and Britain that their  interest  both on the Red Sea and the Indian ocean will looked after... So, Qatar has offered to resolve three major issues in the Somali region, mainly: To resolve the Kenya and Somalia dispute, to resolve the Al-shabaab conflict and unity with Somaliland. Like I said the gulf nations have deep pockets that no European or America could match. 

Also, as the largest natural gas producer in the world, Qatar  might have stakes in the disputed Kenya/Somalia oil blocks in the Indian ocean. They have been doing off shore gas production for decades.

On the Kenya/Somalia file it is probably the easiest. While the maritime dispute is torn in the relationship, it should never lead to severing of the relationship. While whipping Somalis to nationalist fever on the sea dispute  is a good political move , privately Farmaajo shouldn't have cut diplomatic relations. Uhuru complained about Farmaajo forgetting the half million Somali refugees in Kenya and thousands of Somalis who found Kenya home during difficult times. It seems Qatar has resolved that issue already. In fact, the Amir of Qatar had already commented his success on Kenya/Somalia dispute.

The second move of Al-shabaab and the issue of Somaliland will be dealt after the election. The UAE had already failed everything it touches in the region. They supposed to provide both business and air traffic to both Hargeisa and Bebera airports. The Berbera airports had ceased to operate, and the Hargeisa airport operates only two hours a day when passengers prepare to catch the only flight to Addis Ababa by Ethiopian Airlines. Thanks to UAE the closed off Somaliland. The Boosaaso issue is even worse. 

Folks, Qatar is fully engaged and had even saved Farmaajo from his political mistakes. In Somalia and in the horn region money could buy everything, I mean everything. The Warlords and otters who occupied Mogadishu streets have already being paid or are in the process of being paid.

Furthermore,  don't be fooled about the camels being paraded in Mogadishu. The poor soldiers do not need camel meat ,but cash. They must be paid sooner or later and calling them back to their barracks was a good move, but the instigators,  like Indhacade and others,  had already visited Villa Somalia in the middle of the night, and will be paid handsomely thanks to Qatar. Didn't you hear before that in Mogadishu, everything is always about business?  

I will debate the issue of federalism with Tilamook another time, but the Mogadishu incident of last week has once again proved that there must be life liberty and business opportunity beyond Mogadishu. The Puntlanders who seem ahead of others on these issues had warned us about the peril of everyone moving to Mogadishu. This town could be the commercial hub of somalia, but it can not be a national capital. That point has been proven beyond reasonable doubt.

The only major foreign policy success Farmaajo ever did was by siding  with Qatar during the gulf dispute. Now Qatar is paying back during Farmaajo's difficult time.

This Qatari diplomat  is recognized by the UN as the chief peace negotiator of the year 2020 by resolving the Afghanistan quagmire. We hope, he might succeed to resolve the Al-shabaab scrooge in Somalia in 2021/2022. Let us hope.

Waar galbeedi waxaan u malaynayaa soonkii ayaa miyirkaagii dhaawac yara gaadhsiiyay. You are talking as if all the governments you mentioned give you special briefing about their behind the closed door dealings so that you could preach here in SOL some political gospel truths. 

Come down to earth my friend. Qatar will not safe your beloved Farmaajo, will not defeat Alshabab for you, and certainly will not bring Somalia and Somaliland together. 

Just yesterday DP World signed a billion dollar deal with Ethiopia to expand the Berbera Corridor with state of art logistics facilities. Isn't DP World the same company the fartaag maniacs in koonfuria's kangaroo parliament banned permanently? 

And the lack of flights you are talking about has in most cases nothing to do with Mogadishu. It is mostly due to the pandemic which made travelling so difficult for all of us. 

Duufaan   
34 minutes ago, Tallaabo said:

Waar galbeedi waxaan u malaynayaa soonkii ayaa miyirkaagii dhaawac yara gaadhsiiyay. You are talking as if all the governments you mentioned give you special briefing about their behind the closed door dealings so that you could preach here in SOL some political gospel truths. 

Come down to earth my friend. Qatar will not safe your beloved Farmaajo, will not defeat Alshabab for you, and certainly will not bring Somalia and Somaliland together. 

Just yesterday DP World signed a billion dollar deal with Ethiopia to expand the Berbera Corridor with state of art logistics facilities. Isn't DP World the same company the fartaag maniacs in koonfuria's kangaroo parliament banned permanently? 

And the lack of flights you are talking about has in most cases nothing to do with Mogadishu. It is mostly due to the pandemic which made travelling so difficult for all of us. 

UAE is not giving up supporting Abiya Ahmed although western nations are critical of him. That road to Jigjiga is already built. It does not really need a lot of investment.  It is more the political will of Ethiopia using Berbera more because Jabuuti already gives them good deals.  They are more interested in the southern ports of Somalia for now. Boorame road to Ethiopia will  also be built, the world bank already approved the funding. In the next two decades, each region will have a port.

18 minutes ago, Dalmar1 said:

image.png.0c8ac843ec0f2e1cb3df801c26e84922.png

That's a lie! I can understand why this white dude wants to spread this, but Somalis who propagate this sort of disinformation are sick. They can't care or don't seem to understand the difference between personal vendetta and national interest.

They have been saying Somalia will settle the case Hassan Sheikh's tenure.

9 hours ago, Duufaan said:

UAE is not giving up supporting Abiya Ahmed although western nations are critical of him. That road to Jigjiga is already built. It does not really need a lot of investment.  It is more the political will of Ethiopia using Berbera more because Jabuuti already gives them good deals.  They are more interested in the southern ports of Somalia for now. Boorame road to Ethiopia will  also be built, the world bank already approved the funding. In the next two decades, each region will have a port.

UAE does not give a flying fart about Abiy, nor does Qatar give a hoot about Farmaajo. 

When will you naive dimwits of SOL understand that these guys don’t care personally about individual politicians but only care about their long term economic interests, vis-à-vis getting access to the resources and trade of the Horn of Africa?

Add to your considerations that the Gulf countries of Saudia, UAE, Qatar; and Iran, Turkey, Israel— and heck even Egypt are working in one form or other to normalize relationships and play nice with each other, all thanks to what some pundits refer to as the Biden Effect.

This is a positive for countries like Somalia/horn, Syria, Yemen and Libya that have been the sacrificial pawns on the middle eastern cheeseboard.

My one hope is that our current crop of Somali leaders, wherever they maybe— including “President” Farmaajo(😂), take advantage of the current geopolitical climate, and make the clever plays needed to help set Somalia on a path that will get us promoted from being a lowly pawn to a more powerful piece in the game.

<<<...” Promotion in chess is a rule that requires a pawn that reaches the eighth rank to be replaced by the player's choice of a bishop, knight, rook, or queen of the same color” ...>>>

14 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Wauw Che wrote more then 2 sentences.. I am amazed. 

When the moment calls for it, I do make the effort😋😁

Apophis   
23 hours ago, galbeedi said:

I think the Qatar process is bigger than what the eyes could see.  It could be said that both Qatar and UAE has more influence than large European countries like Germany, France or Italy. There are reports that Qatar has embarked to resolve three major issues regarding Somalia and the region. They have already contacted both the United States and UK. Qatari lobbyists had already succeeded and convinced the powers about their moves.

When you see USA or others making big noises , it is always about the opposite of what they are referring. They might be talking about extension or elections, but the realis sue is always beyond what they pronounce.

The biggest concern of the US and UK is the threat of China taking over major Somali ports. Qatar has assured America and Britain that their  interest  both on the Red Sea and the Indian ocean will looked after... So, Qatar has offered to resolve three major issues in the Somali region, mainly: To resolve the Kenya and Somalia dispute, to resolve the Al-shabaab conflict and unity with Somaliland. Like I said the gulf nations have deep pockets that no European or America could match. 

Also, as the largest natural gas producer in the world, Qatar  might have stakes in the disputed Kenya/Somalia oil blocks in the Indian ocean. They have been doing off shore gas production for decades.

On the Kenya/Somalia file it is probably the easiest. While the maritime dispute is torn in the relationship, it should never lead to severing of the relationship. While whipping Somalis to nationalist fever on the sea dispute  is a good political move , privately Farmaajo shouldn't have cut diplomatic relations. Uhuru complained about Farmaajo forgetting the half million Somali refugees in Kenya and thousands of Somalis who found Kenya home during difficult times. It seems Qatar has resolved that issue already. In fact, the Amir of Qatar had already commented his success on Kenya/Somalia dispute.

The second move of Al-shabaab and the issue of Somaliland will be dealt after the election. The UAE had already failed everything it touches in the region. They supposed to provide both business and air traffic to both Hargeisa and Bebera airports. The Berbera airports had ceased to operate, and the Hargeisa airport operates only two hours a day when passengers prepare to catch the only flight to Addis Ababa by Ethiopian Airlines. Thanks to UAE the closed off Somaliland. The Boosaaso issue is even worse. 

Folks, Qatar is fully engaged and had even saved Farmaajo from his political mistakes. In Somalia and in the horn region money could buy everything, I mean everything. The Warlords and otters who occupied Mogadishu streets have already being paid or are in the process of being paid.

Furthermore,  don't be fooled about the camels being paraded in Mogadishu. The poor soldiers do not need camel meat ,but cash. They must be paid sooner or later and calling them back to their barracks was a good move, but the instigators,  like Indhacade and others,  had already visited Villa Somalia in the middle of the night, and will be paid handsomely thanks to Qatar. Didn't you hear before that in Mogadishu, everything is always about business?  

I will debate the issue of federalism with Tilamook another time, but the Mogadishu incident of last week has once again proved that there must be life liberty and business opportunity beyond Mogadishu. The Puntlanders who seem ahead of others on these issues had warned us about the peril of everyone moving to Mogadishu. This town could be the commercial hub of somalia, but it can not be a national capital. That point has been proven beyond reasonable doubt.

The only major foreign policy success Farmaajo ever did was by siding  with Qatar during the gulf dispute. Now Qatar is paying back during Farmaajo's difficult time.

This Qatari diplomat  is recognized by the UN as the chief peace negotiator of the year 2020 by resolving the Afghanistan quagmire. We hope, he might succeed to resolve the Al-shabaab scrooge in Somalia in 2021/2022. Let us hope.

I have always believed the Federal government should not be in Mogadisho nor in any other town, they should build a purpose built ‘administrative’ city, it should be in land, to the north of Welynweyn maybe.

This will help in several ways,

1, it will take the security heat away from the major populations, if alshabab want to attack the Somali government let them find them there. No more Zoobe type bombings in xamar.

The government will actually have to take the issue of shabab seriously as they won’t be hiding among civilians (the government officials that is). They will have to have competent security apparatus, if for no other reason, then to protect their own lives. 

Furthermore, such a move will reinvent Somali politics and break away from Siyad Bare’s era and politicians fighting over Villa Somalia. A new republic, the third republic, and Villa Somalia and its bloody history will be a thing of the past. Perhaps it can be turned into a museum.

It will also create new economic opportunities, tying the inner lands to the coastal towns, it will be a town where no clan can boldly claim as theirs and therefore threaten to dethrone governments.

I think it is possible, and it can be funded through public private partnerships with the Somali rich barons or through government bonds. 

Many African governments have done this, Egypt has done it and they are planning to move the government to this purpose built town.

It can be down.

galbeedi   
2 minutes ago, Apophis said:

It will also create new economic opportunities, tying the inner lands to the coastal towns, it will be a town where no clan can boldly claim as theirs and therefore threaten to dethrone governments.

I totally agree with you. 

Ummadda jiritaankeeda ayaa ka weyn hal magaalo. 

Imagine, if this town never becomes peaceful, do the Somali people have to wait for ages to have a functioning state. state. Even the people of Mogadishu might get a break and with less attention.

At the moment, the Somali government is Gobolka Banaadir. Two entities running one town. I think Baraawe or Ceerigaabo will be a good place. 

galbeedi   
1 hour ago, Che -Guevara said:

When the moment calls for it, I do make the effor

Che,

you are the elder statesman here regardless of what others say. 

Dadka aanu wadanka u dhiibi lahayn ayaa tahay. Wakhtigeenu waa iman doonaa.

galbeedi   
12 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

Marka hore waxaan leeyahay:

Hargeysaay ha dheeliyin weligaa.

You could be right about Hargeisa airport because of Covid-19,but the Berbera airport was almost shut down before that.

On the issue of DP world, why they are suddenly talking about the billion dollar investment. It has been four years since their take over. It is possible that the Qataris had landed Hargeisa and suddenly the Emeries had waken up from their  deep sleep. Besides, these Qataris are more reliable in terms of commitments compared to UAE.

galbeedi   
1 hour ago, Tillamook said:

Add to your considerations that the Gulf countries of Saudia, UAE, Qatar; and Iran, Turkey, Israel— and heck even Egypt are working in one form or other to normalize relationships and play nice with each other, all thanks to what some pundits refer to as the Biden Effect

They are talking all right, but each one of them have their own regional and local interest. It is a Biden effect, but in a different way. The Sunni Muslim countries of the region are well aware of what the democratic / American establishment have done in the region or  preparing to do for the future.

The American intervention in the middle east had destroyed millions of people mostly Sunni Arabs while paving the way for a Shia power in all these countries.. Not only Iraq where Shia is a majority, but Syria with 70% Sunni was devastated with the help of Iran while a small minority Alawi in running the country. Today Beirut, Baghdad, Sana and Damascus are controlled by Shia.I ran is only interested to depose Sunni dictators not the Shia ones. Why would tens of thousands of Shia mercenaries  from Afghanistan,, Pakistan and Hezbollah flood to Syria and die to keep the tyrant Assad in power? 

America has been talking about the Iran threat for the last 30 years, yet the only people paying the price are Sunni Arabs in the region. Since the Shia ideology doesn't have strong feet to stand and doesn't have evangelical (spreading the word) message to the wider world. By rehabilitating Iran, America will be even unleashing more danger to the Sunni Arabs of the region.

Also Turkey is talking to Egypt to dismantle the alliance Greece has been trying to create in the Mediterranean sea to isolate Turkey while using Arab countries like Egypt, UAe and Saudi Arabia who do not even live in the Mediterranean region. Erdogan has to swallow his ideological hate of the Egyptian tyrant Sisi for the interest of the his nation. 

Everyone is talking about the Saudi quagmire in Yemen, yet no one is raising the issue of small northern Houthies who are trying to impose their will through Iran. A Shia despot Ali Abdalla Salah was deposed by popular uprising, yet Iran is trying to replace with another Shia group.

America was chasing Al Qaeda in Yemen while the Houthies were allowed to depose the transitional government. America can not fool the people of the region anymore. Talking to Israel directly isn't even a bad idea compared to what Shia tyrants are doing to millions of people. In Syria we got ten million displaced internally and another six million refugees thanks to Iran and her mercenaries, and the Iranian Shia are telling us how  bad Israel is against the Palestinians. I am convinced that these Iranians do not care about Palestine, but they are trying to get some sympathy from the Muslim nations as someone who is helping the helpless. 

When I said they saved Farmaajo, I am not talking about the next election which is difficult to gage at the moment. I agree that if they have to dump Farmaajo for their own interest, they will do it  in a New York minute. 

Do you think that all those warlord and these new generals who just showed up this would just disappear because they found premier Rooble to be decent? I do not think so. They got paid and Farmaajo got a break.

Some analysts are saying there will be a third party candidate. No one knows at the moment.

galbeedi   

I am of the school that the Arab countries will only bring disaster to Somalia. They were in the middle of every Somali conflict since 1977.

The Arab league is nothing but a tribal council that never resolved any issues. They do not prevent conflicts, but they help them create. Imagine the head of state sitting beside you is plotting to destroy your country. The last major wars of the last 40 years happened in their region.

If I were a leader my first move would be to leave the tribal council called Arab league.

galbeedi   
12 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

You are talking as if all the governments you mentioned give you special briefing about their behind the closed door d

Talaabo,

Many have said I have imaginary sources, but I try to share with you guys some of the confidential news I  receive.

Here is how it happens:

Galbeedi: Waar Cali ii waran maxaa cusub maanta.

Cali Warar badan baa jira laakiin bal aynu Xaqiijino. Mar dhaweyd ayaan is weynay laakiin hadda ayaan ku celinayaa . Wasiirka Hebel ayaan la hadlaynaaye laynka  ku jir.

He will talk to the minister while I am waiting on the line or sometimes ,I may even listen the briefing. The only downside is we are getting the N&N version of things although from time to time I might even talk to the opposition.

Warkaas ayaan idinla wadaagaa sometimes.