Apophis

Kenya is a friend now

Apophis   
1 hour ago, Duufaan said:

There were only few Somali tribes that fully engaged the Colonial powers when they first arrived 1900s.  where were your big tribe? hidding behind Italian.

Only half were foot soldiers for the Sayid and the other half were working for the Brits, just like how half are on Sland side and half on Puntland side today

Don’t give yourself too much credit.

Duufaan   

Siyad was born in Buuhoodle. That is your mentality not knowing what is right or round. The only big Somali tribe still mainly colonized. Sided with Xayla salaase in 1947, when they had the opportunity to be free. Doomed to be colonized forever with all Somali  effort to help them

15 minutes ago, Apophis said:

You care about Somalia the same way Trump supporters care about America.

Farmajo’s supporters have alot more in common with Trump types than they care to admit, no wonder he was not only a republican voter but also a campaigner. 

What a thief!

Alright Rendille. Talking to you is pulling your tooth.

I know why Tillamook opposes Farmaajo. You, on the other hand, seem obsessed and took a leave from common sense.

Apophis   
23 minutes ago, Duufaan said:

Siyad was born in Buuhoodle. That is your mentality not knowing what is right or round. The only big Somali tribe still mainly colonized. Sided with Xayla salaase in 1947, when they had the opportunity to be free. Doomed to be colonized forever with all Somali  effort to help them

Without the Sayid, they would be a small irrelevant people, exactly what they have become today, just because the Sayid’s father married from that small tribe does not mean he was one of them, so put that to one side.

Speaking of siding with foreigners, the biggest spies who betrayed the sayid are well known, the same laba jebleyasha, the “woman with two husbands” as some call them.

The only deal your kind can make is to get a petty security job in Farmajo’s so called government, once a foot-soldier always a foot-soldier eh?

Apophis   
24 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

Alright Rendille. Talking to you is pulling your tooth.

I know why Tillamook opposes Farmaajo. You, on the other hand, seem obsessed and took a leave from common sense.

Coward Che,

why don’t you tell us exactly when farmajo bought you and how cheap did you go.

Duufaan   
29 minutes ago, Apophis said:

Without the Sayid, they would be a small irrelevant people, exactly what they have become today, just because the Sayid’s father married from that small tribe does not mean he was one of them, so put that to one side.

Speaking of siding with foreigners, the biggest spies who betrayed the sayid are well known, the same laba jebleyasha, the “woman with two husbands” as some call them.

The only deal your kind can make is to get a petty security job in Farmajo’s so called government, once a foot-soldier always a foot-soldier eh?

Your brain does not function. Were we small relevant people before Siyad? You pretending to know a lot of history but you can not write the Somali language. I want to see you write Somali before I respond. This is my challenge to you. 

Apophis   
10 minutes ago, Duufaan said:

Your brain does not function. Were we small relevant people before Siyad? You pretending to know a lot of history but you can not write the Somali language. I want to see you write Somali before I respond. This is my challenge to you. 

You were small, irrelevant and unknown clan before the Sayid brought you to the attention of the Somalis and that is what you are today, that is a fact, whichever language I write in, it is a fact.

Duufaan   
1 hour ago, Apophis said:

This is what white people narrated before the sayid, for your education

"After the fall of the Kingdom of the Great Boqor Wiilwaal and sun had set on the Bartire, it might be fairly claimed that the 'Sool clan" emerged as the most powerful and most feared tribe in Somalia. That reputation was solidified when Sool clan defeated the Ogaadeen in one of the most bloody, vicious and brutal battles in Somali history. The battle took place below Kabar Ogaadeen hills(Named after the battle). The Sool clan were left as the undisputed masters of Northern Somalia, occupying the land from Jiidali in the north of Sanaag to Ceelcad near the Mudug border in the south. From Kiridh in the west to Xalin in the Nugaal valley where they bordered the Majeerteen.

In the middle of the nineteenth century the English sent two explorers to prepare the way for English colonization of Northern Somalia. Richard Burton landed in the western part of Northern Somalia, among the Isaaq. To the east they sent his partner in exploration, a certain Mr John Speke who landed at Laasqoray with a brief to traverse the Sool clan country and meet up with his fellow explorer Richard Burton in Harar. Speke's mission was not a complete success as he was not able to proceed through the Sool clan country on account of hostility and suspicion that greeted his journey through their land. But he made many discoveries and recorded facts that are useful to us in reconstructing the condition and circumstances of the Sool clan clan in the middle of the 19th century.

Apophis   

@Duufan,

So the white man recorded the fantastical stories you told him and now you present those same stories as evidence? 

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

9 hours ago, Tillamook said:

There is nothing wrong with questioning if federalism is right for Somalia or not. The issue here is your insistence to oppose it by supporting a return to the same old dictatorial bullshit that destroyed our nation in the first place.

For undemocatric reasons and motivated by an uneasy consciousness of tribal inferiority that you try to hide, you and those that think like you like Gudhuuboy, Galbeedi, Saalax, Dufaan and Gooni Quule-cune oppose federalism on account that you believe it will benefit the “bigger clans” way more generously than it will you, so you all opt to cut off your own noses to spite your faces, as it were...

But unfortunately for you guys, history will not judge you kindly. You are merely prolonging the inevitable... a united and peaceful Federal Republic of Somalia.

As someone whose family was targeted by the Kacaan government, I assure you I have no desire to see any despot. But the case against Farmajo is overblown. The man has no standing army, no big support base in Mogadishu, and not many allies in the periphery of the country. Deni is in a better position of being a despot, and he has proven he is willing to settle scores through force. Just look at what he did at the parliament and his tussle with Karaash.

As for the qabiil, it occurs to me such issues are usually brought up by the supposedly landheer folks, a sense of insecurity I will say, makes me wonder what real census would show😁

The issue for me is not bigger clans monopolizing power or resources, it is the small clique of people taking advantage of the masses. Honestly, who benefits from Pland project other than the corrupt few who pay corrupt elders in order to be elected? The latest rains have washed bridges and cut off roads while Deni is busy making night visits to new hotels [ Cadduun Plaza]

And federalism is important to Garowe insofar it is not applied within Pland. Everything is appointed by Garowe, no local elections or tax collection mandate. All the power is concentrated in one man, and the man uses it to leverage the central government.

I am not in favor of a highly centralized state, I enjoy complaining to my local city council. But if the federalists want to bridge the gap, let's be honest, and say what we have now is not working. Calling Farmajo a despot will not solve anything.

• Like 1

Unbelievable, what made Somali government bend the knee that quickly 

Extremely unfortunate. 

galbeedi   
1 hour ago, maakhiri1 said:

Unbelievable, what made Somali government bend the knee that quickly 

I think the Qatar process is bigger than what the eyes could see.  It could be said that both Qatar and UAE has more influence than large European countries like Germany, France or Italy. There are reports that Qatar has embarked to resolve three major issues regarding Somalia and the region. They have already contacted both the United States and UK. Qatari lobbyists had already succeeded and convinced the powers about their moves.

When you see USA or others making big noises , it is always about the opposite of what they are referring. They might be talking about extension or elections, but the realis sue is always beyond what they pronounce.

The biggest concern of the US and UK is the threat of China taking over major Somali ports. Qatar has assured America and Britain that their  interest  both on the Red Sea and the Indian ocean will looked after... So, Qatar has offered to resolve three major issues in the Somali region, mainly: To resolve the Kenya and Somalia dispute, to resolve the Al-shabaab conflict and unity with Somaliland. Like I said the gulf nations have deep pockets that no European or America could match. 

Also, as the largest natural gas producer in the world, Qatar  might have stakes in the disputed Kenya/Somalia oil blocks in the Indian ocean. They have been doing off shore gas production for decades.

On the Kenya/Somalia file it is probably the easiest. While the maritime dispute is torn in the relationship, it should never lead to severing of the relationship. While whipping Somalis to nationalist fever on the sea dispute  is a good political move , privately Farmaajo shouldn't have cut diplomatic relations. Uhuru complained about Farmaajo forgetting the half million Somali refugees in Kenya and thousands of Somalis who found Kenya home during difficult times. It seems Qatar has resolved that issue already. In fact, the Amir of Qatar had already commented his success on Kenya/Somalia dispute.

The second move of Al-shabaab and the issue of Somaliland will be dealt after the election. The UAE had already failed everything it touches in the region. They supposed to provide both business and air traffic to both Hargeisa and Bebera airports. The Berbera airports had ceased to operate, and the Hargeisa airport operates only two hours a day when passengers prepare to catch the only flight to Addis Ababa by Ethiopian Airlines. Thanks to UAE the closed off Somaliland. The Boosaaso issue is even worse. 

Folks, Qatar is fully engaged and had even saved Farmaajo from his political mistakes. In Somalia and in the horn region money could buy everything, I mean everything. The Warlords and otters who occupied Mogadishu streets have already being paid or are in the process of being paid.

Furthermore,  don't be fooled about the camels being paraded in Mogadishu. The poor soldiers do not need camel meat ,but cash. They must be paid sooner or later and calling them back to their barracks was a good move, but the instigators,  like Indhacade and others,  had already visited Villa Somalia in the middle of the night, and will be paid handsomely thanks to Qatar. Didn't you hear before that in Mogadishu, everything is always about business?  

I will debate the issue of federalism with Tilamook another time, but the Mogadishu incident of last week has once again proved that there must be life liberty and business opportunity beyond Mogadishu. The Puntlanders who seem ahead of others on these issues had warned us about the peril of everyone moving to Mogadishu. This town could be the commercial hub of somalia, but it can not be a national capital. That point has been proven beyond reasonable doubt.

The only major foreign policy success Farmaajo ever did was by siding  with Qatar during the gulf dispute. Now Qatar is paying back during Farmaajo's difficult time.

This Qatari diplomat  is recognized by the UN as the chief peace negotiator of the year 2020 by resolving the Afghanistan quagmire. We hope, he might succeed to resolve the Al-shabaab scrooge in Somalia in 2021/2022. Let us hope.

• Like 1

You nailed , I had discussions an hour before you posted this, with a guy knows hiw lobbying works, and he mentioned exactly same points, abt lobbying and UAE. QATAR HAVE BIG influence. 

Have you heard recently Farmaajo tried to hire lobby and paid 300k? Are you kidding me, Germany France, those EU countries can not even compete with those fat rich Gulf boys!!

SL knew this and tried to lure UAE, but honestly got nothing in return  , other than losing their main source of income, port. PL IN WORSE position,  their Zanzibari leader happy with  few dollars put in his pocket by UAE and working tirelessly against somali interest. 

At the end of the day, Somalis  in current state, can not compete with UAE, and it means UAE will try to create more  vassal states.

Qatar too have their own survival interests. , that oil in Somalia will never come out. 

What is unfortunate is how Somalis can not see big picture, and without strong state, we are doomed and will be played by these Gulf countries. 

5 hours ago, galbeedi said:

I think the Qatar process is bigger than what the eyes could see.  It could be said that both Qatar and UAE has more influence than large European countries like Germany, France or Italy. There are reports that Qatar has embarked to resolve three major issues regarding Somalia and the region. They have already contacted both the United States and UK. Qatari lobbyists had already succeeded and convinced the powers about their moves.

When you see USA or others making big noises , it is always about the opposite of what they are referring. They might be talking about extension or elections, but the realis sue is always beyond what they pronounce.

The biggest concern of the US and UK is the threat of China taking over major Somali ports. Qatar has assured America and Britain that their  interest  both on the Red Sea and the Indian ocean will looked after... So, Qatar has offered to resolve three major issues in the Somali region, mainly: To resolve the Kenya and Somalia dispute, to resolve the Al-shabaab conflict and unity with Somaliland. Like I said the gulf nations have deep pockets that no European or America could match. 

Also, as the largest natural gas producer in the world, Qatar  might have stakes in the disputed Kenya/Somalia oil blocks in the Indian ocean. They have been doing off shore gas production for decades.

On the Kenya/Somalia file it is probably the easiest. While the maritime dispute is torn in the relationship, it should never lead to severing of the relationship. While whipping Somalis to nationalist fever on the sea dispute  is a good political move , privately Farmaajo shouldn't have cut diplomatic relations. Uhuru complained about Farmaajo forgetting the half million Somali refugees in Kenya and thousands of Somalis who found Kenya home during difficult times. It seems Qatar has resolved that issue already. In fact, the Amir of Qatar had already commented his success on Kenya/Somalia dispute.

The second move of Al-shabaab and the issue of Somaliland will be dealt after the election. The UAE had already failed everything it touches in the region. They supposed to provide both business and air traffic to both Hargeisa and Bebera airports. The Berbera airports had ceased to operate, and the Hargeisa airport operates only two hours a day when passengers prepare to catch the only flight to Addis Ababa by Ethiopian Airlines. Thanks to UAE the closed off Somaliland. The Boosaaso issue is even worse. 

Folks, Qatar is fully engaged and had even saved Farmaajo from his political mistakes. In Somalia and in the horn region money could buy everything, I mean everything. The Warlords and otters who occupied Mogadishu streets have already being paid or are in the process of being paid.

Furthermore,  don't be fooled about the camels being paraded in Mogadishu. The poor soldiers do not need camel meat ,but cash. They must be paid sooner or later and calling them back to their barracks was a good move, but the instigators,  like Indhacade and others,  had already visited Villa Somalia in the middle of the night, and will be paid handsomely thanks to Qatar. Didn't you hear before that in Mogadishu, everything is always about business?  

I will debate the issue of federalism with Tilamook another time, but the Mogadishu incident of last week has once again proved that there must be life liberty and business opportunity beyond Mogadishu. The Puntlanders who seem ahead of others on these issues had warned us about the peril of everyone moving to Mogadishu. This town could be the commercial hub of somalia, but it can not be a national capital. That point has been proven beyond reasonable doubt.

The only major foreign policy success Farmaajo ever did was by siding  with Qatar during the gulf dispute. Now Qatar is paying back during Farmaajo's difficult time.

This Qatari diplomat  is recognized by the UN as the chief peace negotiator of the year 2020 by resolving the Afghanistan quagmire. We hope, he might succeed to resolve the Al-shabaab scrooge in Somalia in 2021/2022. Let us hope.

Spoken like a true Monday morning quarterback who second guesses plays made on Sunday. 😁

Saaxiib, I hate to rain on your parade, but Qatar will not save Useless Farmaajo!

12 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

As someone whose family was targeted by the Kacaan government, I assure you I have no desire to see any despot. But the case against Farmajo is overblown. The man has no standing army, no big support base in Mogadishu, and not many allies in the periphery of the country. Deni is in a better position of being a despot, and he has proven he is willing to settle scores through force. Just look at what he did at the parliament and his tussle with Karaash.

As for the qabiil, it occurs to me such issues are usually brought up by the supposedly landheer folks, a sense of insecurity I will say, makes me wonder what real census would show😁

The issue for me is not bigger clans monopolizing power or resources, it is the small clique of people taking advantage of the masses. Honestly, who benefits from Pland project other than the corrupt few who pay corrupt elders in order to be elected? The latest rains have washed bridges and cut off roads while Deni is busy making night visits to new hotels [ Cadduun Plaza]

And federalism is important to Garowe insofar it is not applied within Pland. Everything is appointed by Garowe, no local elections or tax collection mandate. All the power is concentrated in one man, and the man uses it to leverage the central government.

I am not in favor of a highly centralized state, I enjoy complaining to my local city council. But if the federalists want to bridge the gap, let's be honest, and say what we have now is not working. Calling Farmajo a despot will not solve anything.

Wauw Che wrote more then 2 sentences.. I am amazed. 

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1