Che -Guevara

USAID supports the establishment of automated customs systems at the ports of Bossaso, Kismayo, and Mogadishu.

Duufaan   

Qin Jian

@AmbSomQinJian

China is waiting for the opportunity to invest in Somalia on a large scale, strengthen infrastructure construction, and improve its industrial capacity and self-development capacity in Somalia.#Somalia

^First you need gutsy leader who can dare to talk to China 

You think people paying power bills  now will allow this? They can't let you do your own  process of election, our parliament decisions rejected, China is another step.

One of the reasons, Very brave Yeey was removed. 

Duufaan   

Siyad Bare was clever playing the Cold War game.  He was punished when Soviet Union collapsed. China should not wait. They should take risk. Somalia needs more than USAID. Somal needs big investment not small aid any more.

Dufaan, before proffering your views about the “the great game of the Indian Ocean” or some such other global geopolitical dance;  why don’t you first learn to calibrate your myopic views about our local politics of Somalia and stop running around here like some headless chicken supporting useless individuals who will not bring any benefit to you nor to our nation as a whole.

Keep it simple, silly.👍

Duufaan   
4 hours ago, Tillamook said:

Dufaan, before proffering your views about the “the great game of the Indian Ocean” or some such other global geopolitical dance;  why don’t you first learn calibrate your myopic views about our local politics of Somalia and stop running around here like some headless chicken supporting useless individuals who will not bring any benefit to you nor to our nation as a whole.

Keep it simple, silly.👍

That is the difference between you and me. The world power balance is changing and we are back to something similar to the early 1900s, that is a fact that can not be hidden. We do not have either independent local politics or a functioning government. This new development has already affected us big time but we can simply benefit as we did the last cold war.

The infrastructure that the " old dictator" build for his last years in putland needs an overhaul. Deni sent whatever money he had to the rich moqdisho leaders at the point they are fighting how to divide, instead of fixing the bridges. Even Biixi got better deals from the emirates.  USAID  aid is welcome, we also need China's help. They are welcome to build Baraawe, laasqoray, saylac or any other port, build roads and factories. Djabuuti has rented five bases after each other. You do not have to be loyal to anyone that is not the nomad tradition.

50 minutes ago, Duufaan said:

That is the difference between you and me. The world power balance is changing and we are back to something similar to the early 1900s, that is a fact that can not be hidden. We do not have either independent local politics or a functioning government. This new development has already affected us big time but we can simply benefit as we did the last cold war.

The infrastructure that the " old dictator" build for his last years in putland needs an overhaul. Deni sent whatever money he had to the rich moqdisho leaders at the point they are fighting how to divide, instead of fixing the bridges. Even Biixi got better deals from the emirates.  USAID  aid is welcome, we also need China's help. They are welcome to build Baraawe, laasqoray, saylac or any other port, build roads and factories. Djabuuti has rented five bases after each other. You do not have to be loyal to anyone that is not the nomad tradition.

I’m sorry I have to quash your pipe dreams, saaxiib.

No one is mad enough to invest any serious money in Somalia, unless and until we get a permanent political settlement.  So your misplaced ambitions— just like your support for the failed wannabe dictator Cheesy—is putting the cart before the horse.

That shit ain’t going nowhere!

Duufaan   
25 minutes ago, Tillamook said:

I’m sorry I have to quash your pipe dreams, saaxiib.

No one is mad enough to invest any serious money in Somalia, unless and until we get a permanent political settlement.  So your misplaced ambitions— just like your support for the failed wannabe dictator Cheesy—is putting the cart before the horse.

That shit ain’t going nowhere!

I am not Frange. Who says they could not? is this how you understand it or you simply do not want to see more ports. It is political money to gain a foothold.  It is about simply buying  a strategic foot hold, like others. They are all welcome. They do not even counting getting back everything. Why do you care if china builds Baraawe port?  They already negotiated with other countries with their debt. Infrasture is needed in big time.  Both moqdisho airport and port are functioning much better capacity than in past. The moqdisho airport is now a container port and turkey continues to upgrade. 

2 hours ago, Duufaan said:

I am not Frange. Who says they could not? is this how you understand it or you simply do not want to see more ports. It is political money to gain a foothold.  It is about simply buying  a strategic foot hold, like others. They are all welcome. They do not even counting getting back everything. Why do you care if china builds Baraawe port?  They already negotiated with other countries with their debt. Infrasture is needed in big time.  Both moqdisho airport and port are functioning much better capacity than in past. The moqdisho airport is now a container port and turkey continues to upgrade. 

There you go again, acting like the headless chicken I was talking about...😁

What the hell is “frange”?