Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Here I come Dubai

Baashi   

Dubai is booming not only biz sector but also in employment sector. Get this: the corporates that are active in the region like consultants, engineering firms, and construction industry are offering 20% uplift top of your salary, free accomodation, and tax waiver. If you are married and get transferred to offices there you get a family status and kids schooling will be paid.

Man! it can't get better than that. My former boss and one of my colleagues are working for British company in Abu Dubai. They are making me crazy :D .

The other day I was talking to my former boss and he was like if I were you I wouldn't be in the States. He said if he had known an opp like this existed he could have retired looong time ago in his forties perhaps :D . So tempting eh!

I'm going to Dubai this November to check it out. Insha'Allah I will post a report and pics time permitting of course.

This will be my first time :D Libaax and Xiin expect my calls as I often do when I get excited

Great, U.A.E is real sweet. Enjoy it, but remember to fear Allah alot of crazy wild things are happening in that country.

It's sad.

Anyhow I just want you to know, DUBAI is like india, alot of "brown ppl" so enjoy that lol...

peace out

It's also a great place to get minyaaro. The only way I'll go to Dubai is if I'm getting paid 65K and over starting salary for my profession hadii kale nukukalawat! I like the liberal west way too much to rub shoulders with A-rabs.

BOB   

Baashi,

Bagar Racab si'ku riifi...racabta gaxa goojto rahaad aa ku liday sheemtaan qamlay..

Lawaashay aa gadan Shariqah oo rameekanka ka qonotay yiada iyo yicaalkeeda..sheemtaas niaan miaado ee bartaa naigana xawgaas am baro.. sheemtaan aan daha goojaan cejlahay oo leem lake am baro.

I wish you a safe journey Insha Allah and enjoy your stay there.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Som@li   

Baashe, Welcome to Dubai, or UAE...It all depends on your experience and profession. Some of the booming areas are Project Managements, Petroleum,Banking, Real estate.

check aslo Bayt.com , you may find something interesing there.

Most companies generally pay pple housing, medical,schooling etc, but there is new trend of contracts, where they will give all at once as package, and you have to take care of yourself.

Anyway, Enjoy your stay,GITEX is on November, belly dancing shows, and try to go for desert Safari trip..

When my landlord told me about the mall with the indoor skii, I was blown away.

Pics are a must! I hope you get your answers, Insha Allah.

Lol@Garaad Baashi. Awoowe meesha kheyr lagu sheeg balse maadaama aannu adiga ku dirnay, adiga ayaan kaa war sugaynaa. We will dedicate this whole thread to Baashi and his Dubai visit. We want daily updates, photos, news ... wax allaale iyo wixii aad isha qac ku siisidba soo lali. Warka iyo akhbaarta noogu dadaal awoowe. :D

I'll give you a call Insha Allah.

N.O.R.F   

Baashi

Good luck and enjoy your trip. Is it for an interview or just to get a feel for the place? I can imagine you have never been to an Arab country before. For whatever position you apply, make sure the contract terms are right for you. Look into schools etc (there are plenty) and get a BIG 4X4 – a must!

Ps it would be good to meet up for a coffee

Baashi   

Lander chick, thanks for the remainder. I respect that.

K-Didi, is that right? How so? Fill me in K-Didi :D

Dabshid many thanks for the info.

Hayam, my wife who is with me on this trip thinks that it is great place for families with kids. We'll see.

My man BOB, Lawaashaa aw xasan hatay diwaay. Na'igga am sakaayo xawaad SA uk ra'agtay. Xamaa sheema laaya xaasiiboow. Jabaqaa? Ar saak leem sakta aw xuubaaye si'aga oos gat sheema ramaxyahow :D

Brother xamaa riti bagar racab ha' aa? What ya kno :D Foqtayda aa gi'u fakhiikhtay :D Lawaahi rooq gisaaro naa daaci ha'ayn aa la gi'u yahaa.

Tami, definitely...count on that.

Waryee Libaax, I will get the pics. I am amateur though when it comes to photography plus my camera is a cheap *** :D

Northerner, you are where? man! Now I gotta get time for a cup of tea with you buddy. I was in Egland last June (only four days) but I couldn't meet up with any nomads (time was so tight). Insha'allah this time around I will meet new folks.

No I'm not coming for an interview. I'm not looking for a job either. I called my former boss because I was trying to find a decent and affordable hotel and at the end of the convo he started bragging about the pay, the perks, how Arabs and Indians are polite and respectful...

The other thing is the company I'm with has been rewarded with a new contract and I can get transferred to Abu Dubai (not Dubai) but that depends on the family status. I guess I'm gonna start sucking up redface.gif to the managers so that I can get a family status in Abu Dubai. In any case I'm not leaving my company.

Hayam, Dabshid, and Northerner I will drop you a pm Insha'Allah.

Miriam1   

Oh Bashi, good luck then, I am sure ur wife would love it, so will your kids(if there are any, and if not the future babies will love it)

I am not in Dubai, but vacation there frequently, was there a couple of months ago. Dubai is just much louder than quite toronto, with tis bright streets and huge glass builidngs and continuous stream of shopping festivals.

Check out the beaches, take a drive to the boarder of UAE and OMAN, the mountain scenery is sooooo amazing, you feel your in an Arab country. its incredible.

Check out the Chinese Mall which is in the shape of a dragon for amazing deals on hijabs for your wife and some hot electronics for you.

I regret not staying in that somali hotel, Golden Star (not sure if thats the exact name) but go for it, the ppl are soooooo friendly!

Anyway. thats my advice. abit long since, I am unconciously trying not go back to my assignment :D