Sign in to follow this  
Wiilo

Romanian Woman, 66, Said to Be World's Oldest Mom

Wiilo   

Romanian Woman, 66, Said to Be World's Oldest Mom

Sun Jan 16, 1:22 PM ET

BUCHAREST, Romania (Reuters) - A 66-year-old Romanian woman gave birth to a baby girl Sunday after years of fertility treatment and was claimed by Romanian media to be the world's oldest mother ever.

Adriana Iliescu, a university professor and author of children's books, had been pregnant with twin girls. One died in the womb and doctors decided to perform a cesarean section in the 33rd week of pregnancy to save the other. "We wanted to wait until the 34th week of pregnancy, when the children's lungs would have reached full maturity, but we noticed Saturday that the heart of one of the little girls had stopped beating," Dr. Bogdan Marinescu, chief of the Giulesti maternity hospital in Bucharest, told a news conference.

"We decided to proceed with the operation to save the second girl," Marinescu added. Marinescu said both the mother and the child, who weighs 3.1 pounds and whose name is Eliza-Maria, were in stable condition but the little girl would have to spend up to six weeks in hospital to reach two kg in weight.

Iliescu, who will be 67 in May, became pregnant via in vitro fertilization and doctors said this was her third attempt at carrying a pregnancy to term.

He said the eggs and sperm used had come from "healthy young people."

"From a biological point of view, Ms Iliescu proved that she can carry a pregnancy to the end," Marinescu said. "We managed to solve a case which made us all very nervous."

Two years ago, a 65 year-old retired schoolteacher in India gave birth to a baby boy.

nuune   

Horta habartu miyay dhashay mise khasab baa lagaga dhaliyay ????

oo ma caadi bey u dhali laheyd amase u foolan laheyd, qalab iyo biro ayaa looga dhaliyey sidaan filayo, waayo qoftan oo kale uteruskeedu kol horuu xirmey ama ingagay, waxa kaliyoo ku harey waa fallobian tubeka iyo inyar oo cervix canalka ah kaasoo dabool u ah wombigeeda kaasoo aad muhiim u ah oo ka celiyo baranbarooyinka inuu galo ama germi kale dhanke ilma galeenka faalsada ah.

id like to see the oldest mother due to a natural birth and fertilization. cause this stuff is just ridiculous. shell be dead when the baby is 9.

I heard this story, but it become untrue according to New York Times, once after her family members come to the press by saying it was all haux. Some journalists and many of the western press had swiftly took the story to every corner in the world by exagerating and overrating it.

Wiilo, did you hear that as well, abaayo? smile.gif

Wiilo   

Wiilo, did you hear that as well, abaayo?

Actually no, I hear the story was true and they have been talking about it all major News channals, even this morning they were talking about the story.

Well, may be I am wrong. or there are two stories in the media that are running parallel to each other and that is a confusion enough. But am sure I saw the story being rejected by the family of the 63yrs woman, saying it was all fabrications by the press.

Been fakatay run ma gaarto ma maqashay! :D

Wiilo   

Been fakatay run ma gaarto ma maqashay! :D Yap waan maqlay :D

Its kind of fishy, but then they were saying its true......

juba   

wether its true or not i still find it amazing! its sad though the child wont have the amount of time with his mohter as other children do :( thats why i think its best for you and your child to marry YOUNG

Iliescu, who will be 67 in May, became pregnant via in vitro fertilization and doctors said this was her third attempt at carrying a pregnancy to term.

That should be against the law. Really.

Wiilo   

The Idea of getting married in young age is good sometime, but not all the ppl, particulary those of us seeking higher Education in Western Countries, u cnt have both.

juba   

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

^^ Juba, are you ready then? we have here jacaylbaro who is so desperate and rudy as well, he is looking for the second wifey.
:D

uhhh... no thanx! :D

Senora   

The case Alle-Ubaahne is talking abt is the lady in Georgia who was 59 I believe claiming she was pregnant with twins. She even fooled her family memebers. Well, when due time came I guess she fessed up, and members of her family spoke to the press about it all being a hoax.

Y'all never know how long this lady might live....We're not in kindergarten people, :rolleyes: a younger parent isn't guaranteed a healthy and long life either.