Sign in to follow this  
ayaanick

Muder-appolis????

ayaanick   

I call this post muder-appolis for one simple reason: Minneapolis has became the killing ground for somali on somali crime? There has got to be a solution to the problem: Please let's open up this dialog:

raula   

Indeed Ayaanick. Its shocking! I am scared of going to the Xawaala's now at the mall. yes it will not stop until the community is willing to take action! the behaviour of 'shipping' offenders back home or other countries once they commit a horrandeous crime is outrageous to say the least! And things will be tit for tat here in Minnesota (who knows it might spew to other cities) till the tribes/families/community and witnesses are willing to come forth with confessions. We are carrying our backward mentality and back-home animosities and wounds to this country and abroad..ITS DISTURBING! Even well known gangs of America had a reason to retaliate or murder each others...I haven't heard a PLAUSIBLE reason as to why we are killing each other! senseless.

Could you start dailogue on the ground. Students and like-minded folks can take the lead. Don't expect elder, 'community leaders' and qabiils to do anything. Bring the ceeb of shipping criminals to the open so wider society knows about it.

raula   

Che-great idea! and its in place already. I hear, members of the community meet with the police/law order personnel on a monthly basis since the initiation of these violent crime's escalations. I dont know what they talk about-but i guess they are waiting for the law to take its course-and with the overstretched city budget on police, the unwelcoming climate for police to conduct its business, and a general histeria about "MAREEKANIMO"....what is the outcome? Not much. Generally, it is hard to pull somali's together for their own good cause..waa wax la yaab ah! talow ma meel baan ka inkaaranahay. Now finger pointing we are experts in-but striving for wanaag..marka hore wareer ba ka hooreeya iyo buuq. Nonetheless, this kids are getting out of control. Wax yaabaha aan ka maqle cedar ka dacaayo..wale its unfathomable. You hear gals being sold...as in pimped by their male counterparts, drug-dealers, gang-bangers etc cajiib!.

ayaanick   

Hmm:It's hard to digest what is happening at my home away from home city: Living in Maimi Florida now: I feel so lost, and out of touch? what has taken place? I don't know......I feel so helpless: But no matter what we have got to come together and re-claim our city: This is none sense, and who ever it is that harboring these criminals should come forth, cause honestly it's only a matter of time before someone we all know and related to gets affected by this tragedy. I am just lost for words...perhaps, just perhaps if we go to cedar, and try to talk these kids? Perhaps if we have had better after school programs? Perhaps if we had business where the youths can go to kill time: Somali business owned and operated by somalis:

We obviously have to talk these kids/grown people? It has got start some where:--So i am coming home for eid..would, and love for some suggestions for meet up and go from there..cause honestly i don't want to have dial home to see whose died next!!

money   

I can tell what is going in your city Ayaanick. There are many crazy kids with guns, crazy men with guns and bad parents, broken families, uneducated masses, fake imams, opportunistic community guys, absentee fathers, desperation at home, abuses at home, divorcees everywhere, single parents (mostly mother with 6 to 7 kids), too much drugs, partying, hangouts, public housing,unemployment, lack of recreations, you name it and above all clan hype and rumors. punks who won't come forward to name names, deporting and hiding killers....you know how it is.

ayaanick   

Yes indeed: I agree: but that' the case in every city? however that doesn't make it right? so what is the solution? We've created these problems for ourselves, and now we must solve them. All i know is that by stating a fact, and letting it be...isn't going solve any problem: Perhpas....we're just too defeated?

money   

Defeated is better...we are being killed and shot ...our people dying everywhere , here and in africa...I see no solution coming soon. It is hopeless. Even worse people are clueless, unprepared or ill-equipped to even come up with ways to address this. I was in 5 meetings held in Bryan Cole after the killings and it was the same - nothing new, no one thinking out of box..just a group of grieving mothers, few elders, few younger brothers and sisters and the same nonsense, guys who talk and talk and blame the police and then ask few city or county officials for intervention (handouts) ...

ayaanick   

So why not hold our own meeting run by us for us? why the elders, and the police: if we put our foot down, and say this meeting is for us, and when i say for us i mean us..the educated, the "outside of the box thinkers" then what? are we not able to achieve victories? I think we can, we are just not united, and that's really the sad part. I swear everything could be worked out only, and if only there is was one goal in mind:

Money: brother or sister: All i am saying is this by saying there is no solution we're basically giving up on our people: We shouldn't have that attitude: we can make this work, i know we can, we just need unity: it doesn't have to start with thousands of people, but if five people come together, and tutor these kids or have a day where we can just talk about their issues...i am sure we can save a life or two:---maybe i am just a bit too idealistic:--maybe just maybe: Just remember with every fight won, there was a battle at hand, and we've got our battle:

money   

Yeah...you are not idealistic and I am a brother.

So let me see, can I do anything? I don't think so cos of my not gonna be there and loving myself. Who could do something? guess what? the kids in the gangs are hardened and everyone is scared of them. They don't blink, hesitate or second guess..they are worse than Sarah Palin ...you will be their moose...jokes aside... I am serious I am so scared of them and everyone I know. and I met them and seen their guns and hang out with a wounded gangbanger around ceder/riverside...24 and Karmel.I had 4 kids each with a gun in my company one time. I get so confused ...didn't know who was in what rival gang but learned my lesson and as things were getting out of hand, i just decided that it was too risky and a life and death thing. And the kids i was trying to mentor or positively influence are not even the hardcore ones...the hardcore ones would roast alive as I heard...So what could we do? I braved one time and gambled .... this needs some people who are willing to sacrifice all the way and wouldn't chicken out like me...it needs someone who is willing to understand these kids and their plight...someone who plays cool and could relate to them....and I see none of the pretenders and so-called idealists capable of this...it is a front line warfare ...it is just scary it .if you talk about ....it is just talk....and these kids thrive on people talking about how tough and dangerous they are.

ayaanick   

Like i said at the beginning honestly I've been gone for a minute: and just cann't imagine the things i am hearing? it's hard to comprehend: I guess i will see it with my own two eyes: tomorrow insha allah!! Until then i'll rest, and see what i can do: i am sure there is something: even just one thing!!

It's too late for most of those gangbanger teens(in minneapolis and everywhere else), as soon as they hit 17, forget about them, they are gone and have fully incorporated the negative aspects of black american culture in their minds.

The solution is help and work on the young kids.

Dhimbil   

Ayan...I hope you do realize last couple of shootings involved pple trying to help these kids with tutoring, coaching etc. Also, these shootings are not only in Minneapolis. I was told at least 4/5 pple got shot in Edmonton this summer and I heard this morning a relative was shot dead in Seattle last nightClick here its getting crazy everywhere wallahi.

Fabregas   

@Mr Money, even on the days of yowmul Eid, calacal? :confused:

shootings are part of inner city/hood life! samaliens aren't immune from it!