Che -Guevara

Farmajo Addresses the nation

The United States notes President Farmaajo’s April 28 commitment to return to the September 17 election agreement and resume talks immediately with Federal Member State leaders. We call on the President and Parliament to act swiftly to annul the April 12 mandate extension bill.

We commend Prime Minister Roble and the Federal Member State leaders for rejecting a mandate extension. We urge Somalia’s national and Federal Member State leaders to meet immediately to finalize a consensus-based electoral model and hold parliamentary and presidential elections as soon as possible on the basis of the September 17 agreement. All leaders must set aside their political aspirations and differences for the good of the Somali people and negotiate in good faith without preconditions and with a willingness to compromise.

We also call on Somalia’s security forces and all armed groups to stand down and allow political dialogue to resume in an atmosphere free from violence and intimidation. Continuing conflict will only serve to worsen conditions for the people of Somalia.

https://www.state.gov/return-to-election-negotiations/

Dalmar1   
12 hours ago, Apophis said:

Here is an old clip I found of him speaking normally and without prompting. 

Something must have happened to him.

Must be cabsida badan he has for HAG that changed him kkkk

16 hours ago, Apophis said:

i rewatched the speech, thinking I judge too quickly on first listening.

My conclusion is that he really is an egotistical snake, more concerned with his looks than the republic. 

He really is awful. I hope Rooble does to him what he did to so many others.

We also hope the actual tumour in Villa Somalia (Fahad Yasin), the poison cloud is dealt with. Nothing will change as long as that person holds any power in Somalia.

I will go as far as to say the next regime must permanently exile him from Somalia. Let him stay with his arabs.

I guess any subsequent government can exile whoever  they don't like..

7 minutes ago, Apophis said:

That is true but that man is responsible for farmajo’s downfall.

It doesn't matter. The responsibility still falls on Farmaajo since he's the head od the state.

1 hour ago, Apophis said:

I wonder, what do you think of Roble as a neutral third party candidate. 

Perhaps Galbedi can also weigh in. 

I would support Roble if he stands (perhaps he will make Farmajo as his PM, Putin style, which will be interesting).

I am for it if he is able to deliver for the Somali people. The next president needs to do four things in order to spare the people this headache. Complete the constitution, set up the constitutional court, free the south from Al-Shabab, and seek budgetary independence. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

I am for it if he is able to deliver for the Somali people. The next president needs to do four things in order to spare the people this headache. Complete the constitution, set up the constitutional court, free the south from Al-Shabab, and seek budgetary independence. 

It isn’t rocket science, you know.  

It is really as easy as that: Complete the constitution, with the support of all Stakeholders; build an independent constitutional court to keep all Stakeholders accountable; and then select competent  legislators that will enact resource and revenue sharing laws that are palatable to all stakeholders.

Finally, we Somalis can hopefully elect a competent technocrat for President, who will ensure the laws of aforementioned representative legislature get implemented effectively and efficiently. It’s not rocket science! 

galbeedi   
2 hours ago, Tillamook said:

Complete the constitution,

That is the most important task of all. Why they  keep avoiding.

5 hours ago, Apophis said:

wonder, what do you think of Roble as a neutral third party candidate. 

It is possible. Since the main candidates look like a damaged good among the eyes of the public. THere is also undercurrent agreement among non HAG members  of the parliament to object an Unaka president. In 2106, it was anybody but Unaka. People were tried about these guys occupying the two top jobs.

If Rooble want to be a serious candidate he needs time (minimum six months) and resources. HG could smell power through this calm and soft speaking guy and might even raise money from the Mogadishu business community.

Yet, everyone I talked to says, local Somali money couldn't compete with the unlimited bags of money coming from the gulf. Furthermore, the gulf boys sometimes might ride two different horses to the finish line or they could even change horses in the middle of the race. The same Qataris who brought Hassan Sheikh in 2012 , paid for Farmaajo four years later.

Who knows? these gulf boys could be  serving higher powers above their paygrade and every  four years we get a new man ridding a white horse. Besides, Somalis like new things, and Rooble could be an alternative to both Farmaajo and Hassan Sheikh. 

One more point. C/laahi Dani has a direct like to the UAE and he might even declare his intensions.

14 hours ago, galbeedi said:

That is the most important task of all. Why they  keep avoiding.

It is possible. Since the main candidates look like a damaged good among the eyes of the public. THere is also undercurrent agreement among non HAG members  of the parliament to object an Unaka president. In 2106, it was anybody but Unaka. People were tried about these guys occupying the two top jobs.

If Rooble want to be a serious candidate he needs time (minimum six months) and resources. HG could smell power through this calm and soft speaking guy and might even raise money from the Mogadishu business community.

Yet, everyone I talked to says, local Somali money couldn't compete with the unlimited bags of money coming from the gulf. Furthermore, the gulf boys sometimes might ride two different horses to the finish line or they could even change horses in the middle of the race. The same Qataris who brought Hassan Sheikh in 2012 , paid for Farmaajo four years later.

Who knows? these gulf boys could be  serving higher powers above their paygrade and every  four years we get a new man ridding a white horse. Besides, Somalis like new things, and Rooble could be an alternative to both Farmaajo and Hassan Sheikh. 

One more point. C/laahi Dani has a direct like to the UAE and he might even declare his intensions.

If you know the lay of the land like you state above, then why do you pollute SOL with your support for nonstarters like Usless Farmaajo in the first place?

Politics is all about a delicate balance between diplomatic finesse, compromise and horse trading which should be primarily geared towards achieving tangible benefits for the nation and its people as whole. Only then, can one pursue personal interests of power and grandeur, afterwards.

galbeedi   
22 hours ago, Tillamook said:

then why do you pollute SOL with your support for nonstarters like Usless Farmaajo in the first place?

We all wanted Farmaajo to succeed for the national interest.

Also,  supporting farmaajo was not only natural,  it was an  easy choice. His administration was doing reasonable job especially for the last years in terms of the functioning of government bureaucracy, security, financial management and some success in foreign policy , except the Kenyan dispute which created some problems for Somalia.

In fact, if the race for president remains a contest between the current crop and Farmaajo it will be easy again to support him for the high office. Both Khayre and Hassan Sheikh are damaged goods. Shariif Ahmed still has some credibility.

Hassan Sheikh could have appealed for army to stay out of politics without calling his clans men to abandon the force. He openly called only the HAG members to refuse command. 

Odowa Igaarkeygiiyow ninka la shir yimid yaa dooranaya. A former president appealing to his clan has lost legitimacy. Bahasha waxoogaa waa loo cimaamada.

Farmaajo is responsible for allowing things to reach at  this level. His biggest mistake was trying to remake the regional leaders  in his own image. You don't need to select or waste resources to help the election of some regional leader for your future plans. Just find common ground and work the whom ever people elect in their regions.

Anyway, It has been 8 months of useless debate. We are ready for elections.

galbeedi   
21 hours ago, Apophis said:

These arabs have only ever destroyed us. People can say whatever they want about the Westerners at halane but they do actual humanitarian stuff as opposed to these gulf arabs who only fund our politicians during elections etc.

The Arabs are nothing but trouble, especially the gulf tribes with petrol-dollar who have zero civilization to offer. Even in the seventies and eighties, countries like Iraq built the Somali oil refinery and other agricultural programs. The gulf boys gave us bags of cash that only corrupted the system.

We like to criticize the west because we expect them to do better. They have welcomed tens of thousands of our people and we have a deep connection with them. The problem is their model is old and outdated. Furthermore, you can't develop your nations if others are deciding what is best for your progress. I do not have time to debate gender issue and other pet projects of the west. I need electric grids, roads and ports and I will seek where ever I could find that help.

In terms of Turkey , they never interfered with the internal issues of the country. They have even transferred the base last year to avoid any conflict of interest. Even the American ambassador and other western analysts have said the Turkey contribution is not connected any political group or leader. It is a national project to lift Somalia. The western ambassadors are living at the airport built by Turkey and the only revenue the government getting at the moment is are coming from the ports and airports both built and renovated by Turkey.

The Marshal plan provided by American to western Europe after  the second world war had lifted those nations from the devastation and poverty. The Americans helped them build water plants, electric grids, roads, bridges, ports, airports and local industries. Within a decade these nations have recovered. Americans do not build things anymore. Other than the war and weapons industry , they do not offer Africa much. We expect Turkey to help us in modern agriculture and infrastructure. For us they the Americans of the fifties and sixties.

We Somalis are segregated in our own regions and towns because of zero access to travel and intermingle. A great transportation access would make the country much smaller and facilitate interactions which might reduce the tribal attitude ingrained among us.

In terms of Somali military training, our  indigenous system has collapsed long ago. The Russian trained officers had retired and the American tradition of professional army can not be implemented. When I went to Halane in the eighties for the three months training, we could not even find a pant or shirt that could fit us. We just went inside a warehouse and find a pair that might fit you, and the training was nothing but marching and sitting in congregation. 

The Turkish military culture has a great tradition. They have a history of being tough and patriotic. Furthermore, as a Muslim nation we want to  install our soldiers for not only serving to protect the country , but also for our faith and freedom. Here in north America, especially, the USA, soldiers fight for God and country. Just like the Turks, those who die to defend the nations will be martyrs (Shuhada u dhimatay dalka iyo diinta).

galbeedi   
1 hour ago, Apophis said:

full infantry battalion but they are being commanded by laba dagaxles who are the same age as them

That is an issue. We have 30 years old generals which is impossible in the real world. Certain ranks should come with age and experience. It is real disgrace to see these 28 and 30 years boys with no advanced knowledge and experience called general Saadiq John, or Qoryalle or what even the hell their name is.