Che -Guevara

Farmajo Addresses the nation

galbeedi   
6 hours ago, Mastermind said:

It was not unreasonable. The demands will be more and stronger. He must leave the election matters to his PM

I agree with Mastermind.

He is in a weak position now. The meeting will not be only about signing the Sep 17 agreement. They will bring both the security issues and parliament. They will insist that the parliament should not be passing any laws during transition, and all security decisions must made by the premier while consulting them. 

They might even demand for Amisom to guard major institutions. He is a lame duck president now and should accept their conditions. They had three plans and they might get all of them unless he acts now and signs everything they ask.

Plan# 1,  delay the elections and they succeeded while he was watching.

, Plan# 2, They made sure his term is expired without agreement, They got their  mission number two, and he saw that one too.

Plan #3 is to force  him to resign. Unless the guy is suicidal , he will sign , get some facing and take his chances at the election.

Any refusal of the new conditions will be disaster.

galbeedi   

It is a okay speech. The first one in four years. 

He should have made this speech February 8 and explain to people why the term expired without agreement.

Anyway, better late than never.

The main points: 

It was good to reassure the public and reject any moves both from the government and opposition to create any displacement of the innocent public. I think the opposition should welcome this gesture and accept his invitation without conditions.

Yet, his speech on the election dispute is unclear. 

Signing the Sep 17 agreement without conditions will not fly among the opposition now.

I have to see how the parliament  amends the two year extension. Do they have make it six months or withdraw the whole thing?.  Does the parliament willing total defeat and scrap the whole thing?

I am waiting the answers of the opposition on these issues. Since they have the upper hand at the moment they might demand total surrender.

I urge you, Mr. president  to accept their conditions and sign them.

A

Duufaan   
33 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

I agree with Mastermind.

He is in a weak position now. The meeting will not be only about signing the Sep 17 agreement. They will bring both the security issues and parliament. They will insist that the parliament should not be passing any laws during transition, and all security decisions must made by the premier while consulting them. 

They might even demand for Amisom to guard major institutions. He is a lame duck president now and should accept their conditions. They had three plans and they might get all of them unless he acts now and signs everything they ask.

Plan# 1,  delay the elections and they succeeded while he was watching.

, Plan# 2, They made sure his term is expired without agreement, They got their  mission number two, and he saw that one too.

Plan #3 is to force  him to resign. Unless the guy is suicidal , he will sign , get some facing and take his chances at the election.

Any refusal of the new conditions will be disaster.

I agree he have to sign it this time but they have to.  They are  all under pressure. It is given Rooble will lead the process.    Everything will dependent on if his old friends stand with him and for now they do. It is 4 to 2. They will defiantly ask the top three security guys to go any other condition will not really matter for him.  Now on it is Rooble government.

galbeedi   
2 minutes ago, Duufaan said:

Now on it is Rooble government.

Mr. Rooble should put his foot down and start working to implement the election. His moves and capacity to manage the election well might give him an upper leg if Farmaajo wins.

He should be out of the shadow and show us his true character.

Duufaan   
5 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

Mr. Rooble should put his foot down and start working to implement the election. His moves and capacity to manage the election well might give him an upper leg if Farmaajo wins.

He should be out of the shadow and show us his true character.

He seems calm person unlike Khayre. The question is , does he have the capacity to perform. Last few days, he stepped up and play big role for government regaining control in moqdisho.

Everyone will be under pressure. Farmaajo and his friends are better off sticking together. They can't trust an opposition that doesn't trust each other. There's already a wedge between Sharif and Hasan Sheekh.

galbeedi   
1 minute ago, Duufaan said:

Last few days, he stepped up and play big role for government regaining control in moqdisho.

He saved the city from Indhacade and company. I heard that there was some  causality among the opposition including Indhacade and Mahad Salaads. Some opposition guys are hiding their damage to conceal their involvement.

Just now, Che -Guevara said:

Everyone will be under pressure. Farmaajo and his friends are better off sticking together. They can't trust an opposition that doesn't trust each other. There's already a wedge between Sharif and Hasan Sheekh.

Che,

The election always exposes everything behind the curtain. That is why we were saying hold the election and compete. Farmaajo has given a 15 member opposition to create chaos in his watch while calling the election would have pitted them against each other. 

Waar ninkan yaa la taliya horta. 

Leading to the end of 2020,  he had huge publicity of the army showing their power, winning almost the sea dispute with Kenya, and the financial ,management of paying salary on time, yet he chose to run away.

8 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

The election always exposes everything behind the curtain. That is why we were saying hold the election and compete. Farmaajo has given a 15 member opposition to create chaos in his watch while calling the election would have pitted them against each other. 

If there is a silver lining in this mess , daah fur baa.dhacay, everyone can now see how they whole country is not free,  Somalia is under hidden colonial seige. And now obvious for everyone to see.

galbeedi   
2 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

If there is a silver lining in this mess , daah fur baa.dhacay, everyone can now see how they whole country is not free,  Somalia is under hidden colonial seige. And now obvious for everyone to see.

Even " Barakacayaasha" in the media are paid. I have never seen a well calculated and open sabotage of a government by foreign forces.

Some even released statements just minutes after the reporting of the first bullet. This is probably the new game stopping China for coming in the Red Sea region.

galbeedi   
27 minutes ago, Apophis said:

Why don’t you have a little sympathy sxb.

It is time to move on. 

Apophis dagaalku waa dhamaade fadhiiso.

Let the chip where they may and hold the elections.

The full hadaljeedin in afka Ingiriiska:

Muqdisho - (SONNA) - Tonight, I wish to address the Somali people, who have shown grave concern with regards to the current political situation and the future of the country.

As we have repeatedly stated, we have always been ready to implement timely and peaceful elections in the country. But unfortunately, our efforts were hampered by individuals, and foreign entities who have no aim other than to destabilize the country and take it back to the era of division and destruction in order to create a constitutional vacuum.

As a government, we have always been ready to implement, without any preconditions, national elections that are based on 17 September 2020 agreement, and the16 February 2021 Baidoa Technical Committee recommendations.

I would like to commend the efforts of H.E. the Prime Minister, and the Presidents of Galmudug, Hirshabeele, Southwest State and the Governor of Banadir Regional Administration towards peace and welcome the statements they issued on elections.

In order to successfully hold elections that are based on the above-mentioned agreement and recommendations, I would like to firstly call on all parties in Somalia to refrain from any and all actions that could lead to widespread instability in the country, including the politicization of the security forces, creating social divisions and the destruction of public property.

Distinguished Fellow Somalis, 

The undeniable truth is that you have always stood by your government and continue to do so. You have demonstrated patience, maturity and patriotism.

When I was elected as your President, you marched out of your homes to support this historic victory. You deserve a government that further strengthens that vigorous sense of patriotism.

In reality, we will never allow the Somali people to fall into further destruction and displacement. Therefore, I call upon the parties organizing unrest, including politicians who were recently holding prominent political positions and are now aiming to assume public positions through chaos, to refrain from such acts.

The last few days have given people clear indication of who harbors good or evil intentions. We have seen the clear distinction between those who cause displacement and those who saved lives. Instead of becoming ones who caused displacement, we chose to save lives.

Political interests will end, but this land and this flag are eternal, and they must come before all of our other interests. We are also cognizant to the fact that it is our solemn duty to prevent any threat to stability and peace.

We have defeated numerous outside influences that have invested significant financial and human resources in order to undermine our country’s development and serve their own interests.

We refuse to allow our youth to be used as tools that destroy the lives and properties of Somali people.

Tonight, the Somali people will be able to distinguish between those who are working to prevent elections and destroy national institutions, from those who are championing peace, nationhood and the unity of the Somali people.

My fellow citizens, tonight, you will bear witness to those who seek to grab power through bloodshed and those who are willing to transition power through votes.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As President, I am entrusted with upholding the constitution and have the duty to reconcile the previously reached political agreements with the latest Law passed by the House of the people. Therefore, I have decided to appear before the members of the House of the People of the Federal Parliament on Saturday to gain their endorsement for the  electoral process that as agreed upon between the Federal Government, the Heads of Federal Member States and the Governor of BRA.

The Federal Government of Somalia has always believed, and still sees dialogue, compromise, negotiation and the return to the discussion table as the only viable options, while honoring the 17 September 2020 agreement and the recommendations of the Baidoa Technical Committee.

I hereby call upon all of the signatories of the 17 September agreement to come together immediately for urgent discussions on the unconditional implementation of the above-mentioned agreement.

Finally, I urge all security agencies to maintain the stability of the Capital and the safety of innocent civilians, avoiding any actions that may lead to insecurity. I also urge the Somali people to support the armed forces in this regard.

May Allah lead us towards the righteous path.