Sign in to follow this  
Jaabir

Whats in your wallet???

libaax...lol..

i used to watch the TV without a lisence, hmm. well one day the inspectors came round, and if u are caught without license u can get taken to court and fined £1000,

hmm, i was taken to court,,,,but the lady (judge) let me off, i had never been to court in my life, i kept making the stupidest mistakes (i would sit down b4 she told me2/ i would walk over to her to show evidence, when the guard was supposed to do that,, etc)

she gave me a 6months warning (if i did a crime (tv license fraud) in the following 6 months, i would pay the fine, and the court charges...

bwoy since that day....back in 2000, not only do i pay my bills, i keep the receipts.

Jaabir   

Originally posted by silent-sistah:

libaax...lol..

i used to watch the TV without a lisence, hmm. well one day the inspectors came round, and if u are caught without license u can get taken to court and fined £1000,

hmm, i was taken to court,,,,but the lady (judge) let me off, i had never been to court in my life, i kept making the stupidest mistakes (i would sit down b4 she told me2/ i would walk over to her to show evidence, when the guard was supposed to do that,, etc)

she gave me a 6months warning (if i did a crime (tv license fraud) in the following 6 months, i would pay the fine, and the court charges...

bwoy since that day....back in 2000, not only do i pay my bills, i keep the receipts.

daaaamn,,, is it me or life is too freaken hard in the UK... i also heared you need to put quarters in to use hot water in your own appartment??!!!!

Haneefah   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

TV license?

Bee, how does that work? Police go to door to door searching for the perpetrators? I mean anyone watching tv with no license?

Loooool...bisinka, reer UK maalinba wax cusub baa laga maqli...maybe they have to carry their cable receipts with them just in case :D

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidh me and my big mouth .....rer UK bac baan ku xidhay...

at least this might discourage holland peeps from flooding us!!

(every cloud has a silver linining)

:D

Changed   

in uk if pay for their local call, u know how we call 612 areas for free and stuff , for them they gota pay that is why they use card alot :eek: :eek: :eek:

LuCkY   

Just when i thought yaLL(UK)peopLe couLdnt get any weirder. :eek: :eek: :eek: Tv Licenses-paying for hot water-charges for LocaL caLLs. Damn sometimes im gLad im in the states. icon_razz.gif

Haneefah   

Mizz Unique....you forgot to mention how the light can go out if money runs out...thank God it never happened while I was there on a vacation, cagahaan wax ka dayi lahaa walee, Somalia miyaa meesha :D

And daylight robberies :eek:

Salaan...

I think silent-sister is playing a joke on you, guys.

Most folks in UK have satellite dishes, most probably SkyTv being one. And most of their VCR-like dishes on the top of their TVs require bank-like cards that you put or "feed." Otherwise, it won't work unless you put it.

I think it is a clever innovation to protect the children from viewing unattended dirty programs on tv anytime of the day. You take it out, and eureka! the children will beg you all day long to put that "card" back into device.

UK is waaaaaay advanced than what I had seen most markets in North America when it comes to digital, satellite networks and cables.

Some even play with their remotes--while bored at home and tired watching some dull shows like Neighbours--a billiard-like game on TV, with some strangers they don't know.

Soon Wanaagsan.

N.O.R.F   

our TV and digital satalite are way more advanced, thats why we pay like £100 per year on TV license, not that i have ever paid. As soon they come round to the house u just say that the TV is there for decoration and u only watch DVD and video of recorded TV programs, that will confuse them, then they will leave u alone!

Horta..that reminds me - I used to have a TV license last year when I lived alone n was too chicken to take any risks but this yr I got broadband+cable..the whole deal...n I pay well for it.. do I still need a license????

N.O.R.F   

lol, yes you do!

they aint gonna come round neway so why worry? u have to be really unlucky for them to come round, if u watch BBC (which i'm sure u do, ie Eastenders)then u have a prob cos essentially thats what yr paying for, the BBC and its services, other channels are free due to their advertising revenues.

nuune   

it is even more advanced way,u know,where u can buy the movies u want 2 watch from the remote of your Sky Digital,

i know realised that Darmaan's topic was to inspect what nomads do,a bit like inteligent service,i guess he is a big FBI agent or CID from Somali's dhoondhing inteligent

Paragon   

Well, what you people don't know is, if the cops stop you and you haven't got an ID with you (especially, if you are a new immigrant), TV license or Electoral registrations came in handy.

If you don't wonna get cought, use it during the night. The worst thing is I have a astra & hotbird settelite with no licence itself. So hadii mar la i qabto ... I am down.

Psycho_Sue...

Who's your next victim, me? Waad ila kaftameysaa dheh!