Sign in to follow this  
dawoco

How many killers are amongst us?

Senora   

^^Thats a great idea Guhaad. Has that been in the works?

Not to long ago ( i think I can even say currently), Rwanda & East Timor established a Truth and Reconciliation system that has gone well. Though its results arent collosal, its acheivements in bringing closure to the few are immensible!

Rahima   

Rahima

I wonder who would pay for that.

A govt.’s first responsibility is to take care of its own. Get rid of culprits. Period

Not the government, the Somali community collects money amongst themselves to pay for their ticket to get them out of the country and back home to Somalia. Amazingly, one of them was even a pedophile (he raped a young Muslim Eritrean boy which he admitted to himself) and tried to justify it with drunkenness.

It’s sickening I know, but sadly it happens.

dawoco   

Haddad, fair enough I suppose, though that doesn't necesarily mean it shouldn't be discussed at all.

Afro, it was a warzone, but killing is killing, and it damages people, i believe, regardless of the situation. And remember, not everyone killed for self protections, some killed for tribal reasons.

shyhem   

Originally posted by Rahima:

On a different note though, what's the difference between physical murderers and those who do so by sending money back home to kill the "enemy"? Same Same I would say, and we have a lot more of those running around!

U seem to be the only one making sense here.Almost every somali has contributed in the civil war in somalia in one way or another.

People in somalia live under abject poverty and therefore someone had to finance The tribal fighting machines in somalia in the early 90's.I won't be surprised if most of the money came fron north america,europe and the middle east.

Some of us are not as innocent as we like to claim.

-------------------------------------------------

On a serious note, we should have some acquantence with the Hague and open a tribunal file with them.

-------------------------------------------------

Guahaad Miyaa kaftamaysa? Hague miyaa naf ka raadisay? Cajaaib

Well, i don't know about somali kills, but I know an american killer.

I worked with her for 5 years. This nice middle aged women. I would talk with her almost everyday whenever I took a break or we ran into each other around the office.

Any, one day for some strange reason we're talking and she tells me "you've done so much at such a young age" and she tells me that she was in prison when she was my age. I was shocked. I didn't ask why then. But a couple of months later we're in a conversation and I learn that she was in prison for murder!

It was so hard to believe. This seemingly nice lady was actually a convicted killer.

OG Moti   

Humans make mistakes and Allah gafuur rahiim, so if someone toobad keeno, i guess he is safed isnt it? Dawaco do you have to touch this topic?

By the way we all killers in away or another.. smile.gif

Allah kariim

PEace

OG_MOTI

Your right Allah is Gafoor Rahim, But Tawbah has Conditions such as if you kill someone you should offer your neck to the victim's family so they may forgive you, ask you for compensation, or Ask for your excution. The blood of Human being is not as easy as you simplified,Yes Allah is Gafur Rahim.but Allah is also Shadidul Ciqaab if you kill someone.

lol   

Dawaco: U r talking about those that did their deed back home, how about those we habor whom we have seen wat they do? They kill someone, lets hide them from the authorities till we can smuggle them out of the country. I have met a guy here who killed two men in Canada. He was walking around free, and still has the guts to scream, yell and even start fights with other decent people on the streets, now u tell me wat are we doing about those??

I am sick down 2 my pit, coz we somalis are hypocrites, speaking of bring a lost case down to justice and helping another escape. First talk and do something about the area in which u livein, then come back for the distant home.

Haddad   

Originally posted by Hibo:

First talk and do something about the area in which u livein, then come back for the distant home.

So, you're saying charity begins at your host country, not home? Interesting.

the problem with somalis, and the reason that they cannot move forward in life is because they have a tendancy to live in the past!! it is important to understand that it is allah who gives life and through means i.e. people killing each other that persons time was up and their life in this life was over, this does not make it right, it just makes it easir as a person to understand why someone you love is dead rather that looking at the killer as the sole course of that death; it is also important to understand that people kill in different cricumstance which we are unware of, and surroundings that they may have to kill. it is allah who knows the situation better then all of us and it is for him to punish or to forgive; the only punishment that killer needs is allah's, not the rest of somalis judging them without any knowldge!! i'm not killer, in fact i've never been to somalia, and there are no killers in my family, that does not mean that we have the right to say all killers are bad and they should all be punished, it is not our place or duty to do so, what can be done anyway, kill the killer; hmm as there is no islamic state, rulling in the shiraca in somali, by killing them u become a killer, then his brother will want justice, and you entre a game cat and mice;

somalis also have this problem for trying to run before walking; GErmany have a developed country with means of bring justice to killers,we don't, so maybe the first step is to build that country, but you can't if you go around with backward mentalities of getting all the criminals out first; just does not work sadly;

i would think all those killers are now well over 50, so will be dead soon;

salam

Originally posted by mizz_S.lander:

that does not mean that we have the right to say all killers are bad and
they should all be punished
, it is
not our place
or
duty
to do so,

Mizz_S.lander I agree with you mostly. A justice system needs to be backed up by a solid government, one without the other leaves too much room for vigilantes. However, most of us live in countries with stable governments and laws which must be adhered to. I think the point most people here were making is that these 'killers' should not walk around freely and more importantly that we should not keep silent when we see one, as we cannot ignore the laws of the country. You are right to say we shouldn't judge people randomly, but though the final and most valid judgement lies with Allah SWT alone, we can make provisions in this world to safeguard our societies and set an example for everyone to follow. That's why we use trials, judges, juries, evidence, lawyers etc., and anyone suspected of murder (based on valid evidence) should be put through a trial. If convicted, they should be punished. Sure we don't know the circumstances under which someone was compelled to kill, but that doesn't mean we as a society don't have the right to question a person about these circumstances.

I suppose the real problem is we cannot ever be certain if someone commited crimes during the war, because in the mad chaos of war much evidence (i.e witnesses) could be lost.

dawoco   

Thanx for all your contributions to this topic, the main reason i posted it was to see how we view the problem that Somalia is facing. Namely with regards to the huge number of people with blood on theirr hands. I think many of you have forgotten the way it is back home, people know people and those that have killed innocents are known, though there might not be any force strong enough 2 stop the constant killing, and people genuinely fear them.

Soomaalida that live abroad also aren't too innocent, as i noted before. Criminals are saved from the law in europe n north america, and many are sent back home. I don't agree with this practise, laakinse this topic is mainly about the problem back home with the killings and those that have killed having enough mony to live as they wish, be it in Somalia or abroad. Many times being able to leave their past behind.

Mizz lander, sis i think you are getting it wrong.

the problem with somalis, and the reason that they cannot move forward in life is because they have a tendancy to live in the past

What past? Abaayo i understand that your point of view is affected by the fact that you have never been to Somalia, but it is still ongoing and very much the present.

we have the right to say all killers are bad and they should all be punished, it is not our place or duty to do so, what can be done anyway, kill the killer;

I have never come across such a naive statement in my life before. Killing the killer is actually what is done. Some years ago, the family of a killer would bring the killer to the home of the victim's family and offer his life for the life of the person he killed. Then the family of the victim could decide whether they wanted to kill the killer, demand compensation or forgive the killer and set him free.

As it stands nowadays, things have become very muddied and such customs aren't pracrised any longer, to my knowledge. I think that is what is causing the revenge actions. The heads of the families have become disbanded and have stopped taking responsibilities for the actions of their members.

somalis also have this problem for trying to run before walking

Really? How? By wanting to discuss the problem of the killing culture back home? Along with the poverty, it is a main problem which keeps people back home in constant fear. Remember, a killer can scare the people and rob them of any aid that would otherwise reach them. A group of killers will look out for their own intrests. And as long as they have weapons and are holding on to their teritories, there is no chance of peace back home. They, in effect, prevent any forward movement for Somalia i believe.

So you see, the discussion of how to deal with them is very much part of the crawling proccess. Though you may think that all the killers are well into their 50's, it might actually surprise you to know that there are killers younger than you. So waiting for them to die out is quite futile.

A while back, there was that sheekh who was making people confess their crimes and was giving them sentences acording to the sharia. Laakin that didn't solve anything, only added to the problem with many people having limps chopped off.

In my head, I don't see a solution to the Somalia problem without solving the killer dilemma. So what do you lot think?