Sign in to follow this  
dawoco

How many killers are amongst us?

Castro   

With the screams and the lack of sleep and the nighmares, i believe, a justice, a different kind of justice from Allah has been served to him.

That's great. I personally prefer to have killers locked up. Nightmares will not cut it. God's justice will come but the victims and their families need justice now. Let a killer become bubba's girlfriend in jail. If not, we will have the law of the jungle where the victims families will seek revenge. And we all know where that has taken us in the last 15 years.

Ofleh

Haddad   

The issue isn't simplistic. Some of those who have killed have legitimate reasons; like self-defense. If someone is forced to kill another one for a legitimate reason, he/she should leave the area, in order to avoid killing more. I know it's not easy leaving your own home, but this isn't a conflict between Muslims and non-Muslims. Until peace & calm is restored to your home, stay away from where it can lead you to kill a Muslim, even for legitimate reasons. There's another option: to unite under the banner of Islam in order to repel and defeat those behind the killings and chaos. That option would have long ago materialized, without outside interferences, the West being at the forefront.

Rahima   

On a different note though, what's the difference between physical murderers and those who do so by sending money back home to kill the "enemy"? Same Same I would say, and we have a lot more of those running around!

dawoco   

Haddad, the scene you have described is highly idyllic, and you can think it is applicable to the situation back home because you haven’t been mentally affected by the war. Imagine those that have lived and relived the trauma of the civil war, killing, being wounded, seeing a loved one gunned down, wanting revenge, not knowing what life will bring from day to day. And within that context, how would you react towards the civil war?

Our religion should have been a way out, but as the past decade an half have has shown, people are more concerned with survival at the moment rather than being proactive and bringing about changes. Just look at how the religion has been incorporated into the life back home. People are more religious, with everyone female being covered and so on, because of their awareness of their mortality. And yet the killing continues.

The solution to the Somali problem is hard to find, with so many people having suffered and knowing who put them through that suffering. Their logic is that the killer should be killed, or a member of his family/tribe should be killed in the killer’s stead. That eye for eye attitude has resulted in the increase of the bloodshed I believe, and in murderers fleeing the country to start over in Europe or North America where they are unknown. The paradox in that being that we sent member of the Somali community that commit felonies back home, to escape the result of their crimes.

So with killers being exchanged between the western countries and the home country, isn’t it more likely than not that we have not one, but several killers amongst us?

Baashi, I know I’m stampeding on egg shells with this topic, but it relates closely to the Somali problem and might be beneficial to discuss. I entrust the sol members to behave with the topic accordingly and to not finger point to exact revenge on people.

Rahima   

The paradox in that being that we sent member of the Somali community that commit felonies back home, to escape the result of their crimes.

So true walaahi! To hear such incidences makes my stomach churn. I know of at least four rapists who have being sent back home during their trial here in Melbourne. I always wonder, why do people even bother raising money for these criminals? To rape the women back home?

Sky   

Baashi ma wax waalan baad tahay adiga? First of all I never said it was someone in the SOL forum, I said the Somali Online community, that could be from Paltalk to any private chatroom. It's a man who even glorifies his bloody past and I don't know him, Ive only seen his posts and the reactions to his posts.

If you want to report him to the police, I'll PM you the info. Other than that naga aamus. Joke kulaha, I'm deeply offended by your dumb allegations.

Besides did you actually think I have such deep hate towards some members in this site? Are you feeling allright ninyahow? Because you certainly don't know who you're talking to.

OG_Girl   

My self I'm concerned more with rapists than killers unless they've done both :D

I heard with my own ears that some guy was telling front of every one that he rapped somali women in civil war. And what shocked me more was how he was describing with very details the crime he commited and funny thing some girls were laughing and enjoying his shamefull talk redface.gif

Salam

Sky   

Og girl, youre right. They brag about it and the bystanders are not offended by it, they find it normal. It seems like dil/dhac/kufsi have become normal things in the Somali psyche.

Haddad   

Originally posted by dawoco:

...because you haven’t been mentally affected by the war.

Prediction?

dawoco   

^Well have you? I don't mean the feeling or losing members of families, that would be a silly statement to make on my part as almost every somali, be they from north or south, have been affected.

What i meant is, living in the place where u saw a loved one killed, seeing the killer on a weekly basis and becoming accustomed to having constantly deaths announced and fleeing every couple of days. The effects that taht would have on the person in that situation.

Having bad news come to u, but being far away from where it happened is slightly different. Unless of course, you have lived in Somalia till recently? If so, u have my apologies and I stand corrected.

Haddad   

Originally posted by dawoco:

Well have you?

Not everyone who has undergone through what you have described would want to share it. The bottom line, humans cannot predict.

Originally posted by Rahima:

quote:

So true walaahi! To hear such incidences makes my stomach churn. I know of at least four rapists who have being sent back home during their trial here in Melbourne. I always wonder, why do people even bother raising money for these criminals? To rape the women back home?
Rahima

I wonder who would pay for that.

A govt.’s first responsibility is to take care of its own. Get rid of culprits. Period

It’s their problem, not theirs.

Back to the topic.

Dawaco Walaalo what do you mean by killers amongst us?

The place was a freaking war zone. Some people had to kill to survive

Paragon   

Dawaco Walaalo what do you mean by killers amongst us?

:D Good question. Ahem...as far as I am concerned, there are chicken abusers and goat killers amongst us... Are they prosecutable too? smile.gif

On a serious note, we should have some acquantence with the Hague and open a tribunal file with them. Or set up truth and reconciliation projects because many have been killed in the last 15 years.

Baashi   

Originally posted by Sky:

Baashi ma wax waalan baad tahay adiga? First of all I never said it was someone in the SOL forum, I said the Somali Online community, that could be from Paltalk to any private chatroom. It's a man who even glorifies his bloody past and I don't know him, Ive only seen his posts and the reactions to his posts.

If you want to report him to the police, I'll PM you the info. Other than that naga aamus. Joke kulaha, I'm deeply offended by your dumb allegations.

Besides did you actually think I have such deep hate towards some members in this site? Are you feeling allright ninyahow? Because you certainly don't know who you're talking to.

My appologies to u Sky.