Sign in to follow this  
dawoco

How many killers are amongst us?

dawoco   

Bear with me people. I’m always imagining “suppose if†situations and not so long ago I was thinking about Somalia and how spread the bloodshed was.

Keeping in mind that for every group murdered there was a murderer and that many people have been leaving Somalia every year since the civil war, I started wondering how many killers have left the homeland, assuming respectable lives abroad.

Just think about it, it is easy to live in Europe or North America without anyone having a clue about your past. The families abroad have been gone for so long that they can't possibly identify a killer, and those that could are probably still back home, or dead. So a killer from back home could be the same nice person we respect.

Keeping all that in mind, how many killers do you reckon are amongst us? Also a point to remember, our online community is accessible to even those still in Somalia.

Just imagine that nice person you chat to, joke around with and have discussions with could be a killer made good. Or even that overtly political member who always writes in correct Somali that you know he couldn't have learnt abroad, could he perhaps be a militia man in an internet shop in Somalia taking a tea break?!

This whole topic will undoubtedly condemn me to the sol corner reserved for kuwa baaranooyada qaba, but is it really unlikely that a killer is amongst us?

Dawaco bro I am worried about those who are still killing, There is no doubt there are hundreds if not thousands of EX killers among us, but they will have their judgement day either here or the day of judgement. So lets try and stop the current killers and hope these Ex killers die of cancer in their coward beds in Europe and Amerrica.haha

Baashi   

By "amongst" do u mean in SOL forum community or the Diaspora?

YES, it is very likely that there are sizable killers living in midst of our communities. However, I wouldn't use Somali fluency as positive indicator of the act.

dawoco   

^^Baashi I sense u have an ulterior motive for not wanting people to use "Somali fluency as positive indicator of the act." :D

Ali, bro ur right, no person gets away with bad behaviour.

I find the thought of possibly knowing or interacting with a killer, unknowingly, quite scary and not that unlikely, be it online or in real life.

Baashi   

Maan Deeq u know I would be in a big trouble if fluency alone can make one a suspect :D . However, I take solace the fact that many nomads will be implicated including ahem... :D

Yes the thought is terrifying but put that kinda thought in the back burner. Or you will be paranoid forever :D

Castro   

It's really a matter of speculation on the number of "killers" out here, or anywhere. I'd be cautious of pointing any fingers lest I falsely accuse someone innocent.

Having said that, it's worth noting that crimes against humanity in Somalia must be dealt with sooner or later. Even today, sixty years later, Nazis are being hunted all over the world for prosecution.

While blanket amnesty is worth considering, there are individuals who were particularly ruthless. Those we must find and bring to justice. It's sad that even when such attempts are made by Somalis in the diaspora, they are motivated by clannism and really lose their objectivity. It's as if a killer from my clan is less of a criminal than other clans'.

Ofleh

Sky   

There are many killers in the Somali diaspora and also in the online community. There is a man in the Somali online community, a well known man oo sheeko miran. He used to be a militiaman before he fled the country and killed many people. So theres one example.

So yes there definetily are killers amongst us, but I dont think they are people to worry about.

Ive met many men who killed or ordered to kill people when I was in Somalia. Its a scary thought at the beginning, but in a sick way you get used to this fact. As if its normal.

Castro   

There are many killers in the Somali diaspora and also in the online community. There is a man in the Somali online community, a well known man oo sheeko miran. He used to be a militiaman before he fled the country and killed many people. So theres one example.

I'd be careful about making statements like that. Unless you have credible evidence of such crimes, please refrain from make these assertions. If you're wrong, it's slander. If you're right, share the evidence with us and let's get this "alleged" murderer exposed and be brought to justice.

Ofleh

For one, let’s hope that they don’t kill again – we do have murders among us, but we’d like to believe that they are enlightened and that they have asked for forgiveness [from Allah]. I don’t think it’s fair to hold something that happened a long time ago against them. If the deeds were carried out under duress or coercion, than we can say that it’s purely situational and not intentional. We should advocate a strong case against those that are still killing or have the mental capacity to commit murder intentionally or are directing others to commit tribal genocide. And if that’s the case, we shouldn’t accuse circumstantial murders of the civil war in this forum. We should accuse the warlords – and most of them have affiliations and ties to the Diaspora.

If were serious about getting murders’ pay for their actions, leave the small fishes alone – lets get the big ones – like our parliamentarians. You can’t advocate human agency by victimizing people that have already been psychologically traumatized [if they were forced, or coerced that is], while you blindly follow a superlative murderer.

Making unfounded accusations is one thing, but building a concrete case against human rights violators – and charging the warlords of Somalia for crimes against humanity is another. Match your idioms with action – subliminally naming and shaming individuals is a weak attempt.

Originally posted by Animal Farm:

If were serious about getting murders’ pay for their actions, leave the small fishes alone – lets get the big ones – like our parliamentarians.

That was what I was thinking. The most ruthless killers are our supposed 'leaders'. They aren't hiding. They glorify in it.

Why doesn't someone do something about them first?

:rolleyes:

I know few people who used to be gaandhari(gunmen who operate the techical mounted trucks) back home.They probably killed lots and lots of people while they were in Somalia. Now they lead a simple life as factory workers and cab drivers. Some are still single, some married and some even have children.

A/Caleykum.

About three or four years ago, Minneapolis MN I was in the “Suuqa xoolaha†karamel there use to be a barber shop there. I was patiently waiting for my turn when this grown a$$ man started bragging about his bullet wounds and how he killed so many people during the civil war time and later even. Walaahi I was shocked outta my mind I couldn’t sit still, all the blood in my body rushed into my head.

He is well known now, he is among the “wiji xumayaalka†that sing in Minneapolis. Ever since that day markaan arko ninkaa jiniyo iyo ardooyin baa igu soo dagta walaahi

asxantu

BOB   

Dawoco,

You are so KRASI, how on earth did you come up with such a 'Taboo' topic?

you sure got BALLS.

I don't think there are any killers here in SOL but if there's any then somebody please tell them to KEEP AWAY from me and I promise I wont dare show my face in their filthy play ground in Politics but what I do know with all my heart is that there are TRIBALISTS in this forum who love their bloody tribes than Allah (s.w) and that is FRIGHTENING.

Peace,Love & Unity.

Tahliil   

Not so long ago, somewhere in North America, my neighbor used to have nightmares, long and horrible nightmares, and I have been told that he screams if he fall a sleep and very often he couldn't close his eyes for fear of nightmares; horrible, reoccuring ones; he became insomniac;

So his uncle used to have prominent shieks in the nieghborhood come to his house and read the quran on his nephew; not once but several times I saw the elders going into house and doing that favor for that family; the guy was around in his late twenties; and they say he used to kill people back home. He was a murderer, killed for the fun of it; He looked to me a normal guy while he was around the local coffee shops; good debator about Somali issues and he joked a lot about tribes and stuff and dressed neatly. some say that they could see him as a killer but a lot of other people knew that as a fact; that he was just a killer;

With the screams and the lack of sleep and the nighmares, i believe, a justice, a different kind of justice from Allah has been served to him.