Sign in to follow this  
Intuition

Coming to America...

Hmm I guess at the end of the day I am having fun, I mean I’m hanging with my people lol. Still trying to get used to being pushed out of line by fellow Somali's but it’s been cool. People keep inviting us out and introducing me to all these "relative" this is hebel and this is heblaayo, hebel is you 4th uncle by marriage from you fathers side and heblayo was you great grand mothers neighbor back home in Somalia 20years ago (and how is she related to me again :confused: ). I also learned through extended family that I would be burned at the stake if I was to marry any one out side my clan :eek: one member threatened to throw hot water at me when I mentioned that I don't really care what tribe I married, mind you she had coob shaah in her hand whilst threatening me, so I dropped that subject. Its interesting being around these new people with there strong oppinions (at times a little scarey). i'm learning many new things, like who i apparently can't marry lol.

Wasalaam

salaamz,

Peaceful Mind I'm going to hold you on that offer lol. I should warn you I plan to come there next :cool:

I just arrived in Boston this afternoon and have already been taken on a shopping spree :D my fav past time. So what shall I see in this old state? We might go watch the basketball tomorrow (excited) and New York on sunday so many places so little time :(

nafta   

^ If you're going to New York, make sure you walk on the Brooklyn Bridge (all the way!). It's long but really worth it. The view of Manhattan in the background is spectucular. ALso make sure you visit Little Italy for a unique dining experience. If you have the time and patience go up to Empire State Building for a 360 deg. view of New York. At night. It's AMAZING!

And all the other obvious places such as Times Square, Madison Avenue for your fashion fixes, Canal Street (Chinatown) for bargain "designer" stuff, Ground Zero and if you really wanna go all the way hop on a ferry and visit Liberty Island, the Statue of Liberty. If you can't be ar*ed (by then your feet will be covered in blisters I guess), you can take a picture with the various wannabe Lady Liberty's standing about the dock. It's not the real thing, but it worked for me and didn't blow a hole in my pocket smile.gif

Have fun. You will lurv New York!