Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

To U.S residents(Minnesota specially) don't miss this chance!

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

For the brothers and Sisters living in the U.S, Abubakar AS Sidique's annual convention will be held in the Minneapolis,MN convention Center located in downtown Minneapolis.I would like to remind you as well as myself to not miss this oppurtunity to boost your Iman, as well as the chance to see and socialize with your other Muslims(Somalis mostly) in this great event.

There will be great Shiekhs who will lecture at this event inshallah that will take place on first week of Sept. 1,2,and 3. Make plans ahead of time, if you are scheduled to work in those days, I would urge all of us to have some else to fill in for us in those days. This is simply a great chance for us out of the whole year to meet in one place side by side as brothers and sisters to increase our knowledge of our faith in which we are obligated by Allah to know. This is extremely dark times that we are facing as Muslims, don't be left in the dark, come to know how you can strengthen the relationship between you and your creator,Allah (exalted in might).

To name few of the great Shiekhs that will lecture:

1. Sh. Waleed Idriis (Imam of darul Faruuq)

2. Shiekh. Abdurahman (our own Somali shiekh in Minnesota).

3. Sh. Khalid Yasin ( a Prominant lecturer of our faith), and yes that is the one whom people convert when they listen to him!

4. Sh. Muxamed Macalin Umal via video conference, and much much more.

This is once again a wonderful oppurtunity for us all to increase our knowledge, so don't miss it.

The times are as follows:

When: Sept. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).

Where: at the Minneapolis,MN convention Center in down town Minneapolis.

Time:To be anounced.

If you have a family bring them ALL. The admission for kids is free, adults are $30 dollars for all three days. If you are a college/University students, it's $20 for all three days.

Take adventage and don't miss it.

Assalamu calaykum.

Nailah   

Originally posted by Mr. Red Sea:

3. Sh. Khalid Yasin ( a Prominant lecturer of our faith), and yes that is the one whom people convert when they listen to him!

He's a fantasic lecturer! So long as he's there, i'm sure people will stay untill the end.

Tahliil   

When: 09/01/2006 Thru 09/03/2006(Fri, Sat, & Sun)

Where: at MNPLS Convention Center D-town

Time: To b anounced?????

Thank you so much bro for the anouncement. If I can't attend all the three days, I will at least try one or two. And Please, post the times for us as well. Make a new thread for it...Thanks again

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

Nailah and Tahliil, here are the times and complete list of the speakers.

It will once again be Sept. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday), from 11 am to 9pm.

Programs: simultaneous lectures/programs/activities and joint lectures (live translation if needed).

Languages: Somali, Arabic, English, Oromo.

Panel discussions

Documentary

Quran contests (Musabaqah).

and day care available for $10/child if needed.

The speakers will be

[* Sh.Salah AS sawi

Sh.Waleed Idriis

Dr. Sh.farooq Al Samari

Sh.Mamduh Muhammed

Sh.Khalid Yasin

Sh. Waleed Bsyauni

Dr. Hatim Al Hajji

Dr. Hamdy El Sawaf.

Sh. Siciid Rageh

Sh. Abu Muslimah

Sh.Abdirahman Omar

Sh. Mohamed Kariye

Sh.Osman Madad

Sh.Abdirzak Xashi

Sh.MOhamed Khadar

Sh.Ahmednur Mo'allin

Sh.Adam Abdullah.

Video Conference:

Sh. Mohamed Macalin Umal

Sh. Mahamud Shibile

Dr. Ahmed Haji.

Tahliil,if you can attend one or two that is very good, as long as you make the efforts, that is all you can do bro.

thanks,

Assalamu calaykum.