Sign in to follow this  
Buuxo

burshishiil

Nephissa   

Perché?

By the way, dhagta is qabo. I was thinking about you yesterday. Xagguu qabtay baan islahaa. Daaco qurun baad shoow la maqnayd too much bursaliiid.. :D

Zafir   

^ :D Speaking of daaco, waxaan daacaa scented candles, markaan afuraba aaan isku heegaraa. Waligey bursaliid Reer Woqooyigana igama Ursan, Reer Xamarkana igma Carafsan. :D

Malika   

Originally posted by B_G:

who needs to cook, when you have women like this in the world?

^Tan anbaa waan gursanii lahaa..[astagfirullah] :D

Now BG what are the chances of you landing a xalimo like her,I bet she is old school the new school will probably feed you fish and chips everynight icon_razz.gif

Faynuus   

she is such a gentle wifey woman. she went all this way to please her husband. Maansha Allah. May Allah bless her family.

it is amazing to see someone from other cultures mastering our cusine like that and sharing with all but dissappointing that no somali woman did the same.

Cara.   

LOL @ Faynuus. On top of which she can reliably supply sons, eh? You know, she might just enjoy cooking for its own sake, for all you know her husband only eats chicken sandwiches icon_razz.gif

Cabdiyo, have you tried layering paper towels in between, maybe soak up the oil that way?

I used to hate burshiil because just sometimes there's one with a raw center. Makes them all suspect after that.

Buuxo   

^Aaah that infamous raw centre is what get me :mad:

Back to the question, Cabdiyo, be lucky you are unable to cook this bur, the amount of oil, sugar and more oil is enough to make anyone shudder. I haven’t had this bur since I was 10 or 11.

Same here Lilys, i just missed it for some reason.It's ironic to see this thread , after recently being hospitalised for complications of peptic ulcer, I can't imagine having burshiil or any oily/ fatty crap.

Thanks Malika & all for the tips , i haven't tried them but i might make it for those who dare . :D

PS: Its called burshiil-shiil ,don't the bursaliid y'all on about.At least the former sounds more apatazizing

nuune   

^^ It is bursaliid walaalo, burshiishiil is slang language, both the same, and make sure you try it cuz Ramadan is ending soon smile.gif

Buuxo   

^Where's your evidence thePoint? ani somaaliga igama badisid..waan ku luqluqdaa. smile.gif

Nuune,haye is that buurshiil isii in af Gaelic? unfortunately the kitchen is out of bounds for me atm.But I hear Malika is making some tonight and won't mind to make extra for you, just do a Princz William :D she has big backyard too aad dameerka ku park-gareysid. ;)

Kool_Kat   

^Sheekadaas 'kujire Cali' aa la dhahaa, ma'maqli jirtay? icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by The Zack:

For some reasons, My eyes were reading Bull$h!t all the time looool. Waan yaabanaa.

:D I feel yah...To this day, anbo 'bullshidh' lee u aqriyaa...

Cabdiyo, is burshiishiil the same as macsharo? OR is it kan jileeca markii la dubaayo oo farta dhexda laga galiyo markii saliida lagu sii ridaayo?

FYI, it is not bursaliid, waligeey bursaliid ma maqlin, balse burshiilshiil waan maqlay oo wuu jiraa...Xeytahay saliidaan aa dadka kadaabawadaan, what a turn-off...