Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

This subject is for women only!

Abdinuur   

Taking from: Islamway.com

Another view of marriage.

If you had a husband whose responsibility it was to pay for all your costs, provide you with suitable housing, pay for all your children's expenses, provide you with social recreation as well as treat you kindly, patiently and with justice, would you cooperate with him?

Would you try to make him happy, respect him and forgive him for any wrongs he might do?

Along with that, you would have the right to earn and keep your own money and he wouldn't have the right to tell you how to spend it. You could be a millionaire but he would still have the responsibility to pay for all your needs. Doesn't that sound great?

It happens.

Abdinuur are you that somebody?

Anyway if a husband does that for his wife, not only should she respect him, She should clip his toe nails with her teeth. cwm2.gif

This man sounds too good to be true, there has got to be something wrong with him.

Hibo   

Sounds brilliant!

But does dis ever occur in our society???

I haven't ever come across dis.

Bout ur question;

Ofcourse I would co-operate with him!

But then again walaal dis aint "Another view of marriage." it's de way marriage should be in Islam!

lulla   

Hey he sound to me like the way a muslim guy supposed to treat his wife.In islamic religion, a man was supposed to do all that and more for his wife.I personally wouldn't want my husband to pay for everything for me.I wanna pay for my own things and help him too.And just cause he pay for everything don't mean that i have forgive him for anything.I mean he was supposed to be taking care of me and not hurt me.If he cheates on me,i forgive him and leave him.so u see money is not everything after all.IT is not about materials.

Hibo   

"Would you try to make him happy, respect him and forgive him for any wrongs he might do?"

I try to do the 1st two, but I would like to know what kind of "wrongs" he may do?

-Cheat on me

-Marry other women

-Become abusive (verbally, mentaly, and physically)

-Become gay (it is possible)

See if any of the above are example of the wrongs he may commit....See Ya nigga

I knew it was too good to be true

cwm43.gif

Dis guy sounds too good to be true....BUT I agree wit Totally cool chick.I mean what do u mean with THE KIND OF WRONG THINGS he may do...IF its one of da things that this sista mentioned, then its hit da road jack!

PS. try to define your question.. what kind of wrong things?

PEACE

Baydan   

You mean swallow my pride each time he does me wrong because he is providing all of that you mentioned?

No. That would just kill my spirit I wouldnt be myself.

[This message has been edited by Baydan (edited 04-26-2002).]

If he did all that yes I would make him happy and respect him if he respected me and my opinion cwm1.gif but his wrongs it depends on what wrongs he did. this guy sounds too good and one of my favourite quotes is

"f something is too good to be true it usaully is" cwm43.gif

ARAWEELO   

Abdinuur I agree with Lulla paying for everything sounds very good but if he does wrongs like: cheating, abusing me, not spending time with me or abuse drugs and stuff that is not going to happen. I would rather pay for my own things and be treated very good. You know that money does not make everyone happy, caring for one onother does. If he did not have lots of money & just gave me love & respect I would do anything for him. cwm37.gifcwm37.gifcwm37.gif

Hibo   

Hmmmm, I always thought that if a man is able to take care of his family, then by all means he should to the best of his ability, am I right? So hon, In Islam I know I have that right from my husband, future husband that is!

But in reality, does such a man exist that respects his wife's financial freedom and yet provide for his family wholeheartedly? Its rare, from what i've seen. And let's be realistic, respect is a two-way, not a one way. Im also curious as to what you mean by tolerating any wrong doings he might do? Its vague. I bet there's a catch!!!!

------------------

"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to the Almighty can stand up to anything."

Hibo   

Sounds good enough to me .... I don't mind sharing ma money ... and I would definately make him happy, respect him and forgive his wrongs and much more ... if i was given the exact same cwm37.gif

You know what i agree with totally cool chick there must be something that dude ain't saying.. That sounds one in million but there must be a catch hitten somewhere.. ofcourse no women would refuce a man like that she will infact binch her self though her life..lol

lol   

Abdinuur my dear brotha long time.. well let me tell u..if u see a brotha like that send him my way... but make sure he lists the kind of wrong turns he is anticipating in taking after marriage he ;)

Wiilo   

Sounds perfecto to me, yes, I would make him happy if Im getting all those things that u mentioned...

SALAAMA KA DHEH:.........