Sign in to follow this  
Chocolate and Honey

New Year Resolution

Remeber that lady you read her book, Elizabeth Gilbert's(I still remember) how funny it was - I cracked up Walaahi, she mentioned a wonderful Joke of that Italian churchgoer - such a poor man who goes to church and prays before one of the statue of the church one of their great saints, start begging and saying "Oh Dear Saint - Please, Please,and please ... give me the grace to win the lottery." this goes on for months or maybe years, Finally she said as she narrates the story, the exasperated statue comes to life, looks down at the begging man and says in weary disgust, "My son,please please, please... buy a ticket".

The gist /essence of the story is action and more action, and when you look back you will see the attaintment, and realisation of your success.

May Allah be with you all the way.

:D:D Oh! I remember that. So funny and so true. Liz is so funny. I loved her outlook on life. Yes being proactive is the way to go. If you have never defined anything then you've never experienced what it's like to achieve. May Allah be with you too.

Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it. Mohandas Gandhi

One must always try & improve one self, thus your list is a good one.

My own would be, be better with my family, start playing soccer again, travel and see the world.

Insha Allah we shall attain our goals while not forgetting the next world.

ADNAAN   

I actually think this thread is a good idea. I can check bck in August 2010 IA If I fulfilled or flopped any of my goals :D , which hopefully won't happen.

Can't think of all of them at the moment but I knw the first one which is to tie the knot inshalah. It is hard going a full week w/out laxoox u knw, especially after you got used to it for a while.Oh yh n da second was the memorisation of the Quran, which only comes after the first IA.

Cabdow   

Pass driving test (dua pls Aaliyah) and get a fit car

Why only Aaliyah, hers gets accepted and ours are useless miya? lol

My resolution for next year is to commit, dont know what yet. But hopefully something meaningful!

C&H, good luck with your list, sounds promising though i was not included :(

chubacka   

Originally posted by Canjeex:

quote: Pass driving test (dua pls Aaliyah) and get a fit car

Why only Aaliyah, hers gets accepted and ours are useless miya? lol
I was told Aaliyah makes v. fervent, lengthy public duas. :D

But I accept all and every offer of dua, so get on with it Canjeex. icon_razz.gif

Can't think of all of them at the moment but I knw the first one which is to tie the knot inshalah. It is hard going a full week w/out laxoox .

Adnaan, make sure your wife to be can make laxoox first, I am sure you don't want any nastly surprises when you get toast!

My resolution for next year is to commit, dont know what yet. But hopefully something meaningful!

C&H, good luck with your list, sounds promising though i was not included

Lol! :D Well, well “commit to something?” Do I smell fear of commitment? This is precisely why you weren’t on the list.

Adnan, shame on you for marrying for Laxoox’s sake. Like Chu said, better be darn sure the fortunate future wifey knows how to cook one or has the desire to be a cook.

2+2, no resolutions are what you make of them. You can keep them or break them.

ADNAAN   

Chubaka n C&H, thanks to the internet, she will find Tamina's blog about somali food helpful, I use it myself s.times n its great.

Urban   

That's a sound list, Choc&Honey.

I want this coming year to be a truly memorable one. I haven't had one for a very long time.

- Main goal: Study/intern somewhere in europe for 6 months as part of my uni program.

- Read at least half of Ibn Kathir's tafsir of the Qur'aan.

- Pay off my 2 stinking bank overdrafts asap. They've been on my shoulders for 4 years now.

- Eat as healthy as possible to compliment my new found passion for strength training.

Cabdow   

I was told Aaliyah makes v. fervent, lengthy public duas.

But I accept all and every offer of dua, so get on with it Canjeex.

Chubacka, Now that you put it that way, i guess Aaliyah would be your best bet, for i heard bilcaanta ducadooda wa aqbal smile.gif

Lol! Well, well “commit to something?” Do I smell fear of commitment? This is precisely why you weren’t on the list.

! No, its not that i have fear of commitment, but rather a phopia of entrapment nooh :D ! Anyways (protesting) if i'm not included in that list of yours, i'm afraid it will not lift the ground let alone flourish icon_razz.gif

ADNAAN   

Originally posted by chubacka:

^ Marshallah. Then you can make your own laxoox.
icon_razz.gif

No other choice for the time being but its a temporary solution untill da right canbaro steps up to the challenge.