Sign in to follow this  
AYOUB

Somali Week Festival 2008

AYOUB   

Somali Week Festival 2008

9th October – 15th October

Oxford House in Bethnal green in partnership with REDSEA-ONLINE.COM Language, Culture and Heritage Foundation, Halabuur Centre for Culture and Communication in the Horn (HCCC), Africa Voluntary Youth Committee (HAVOYOCO) and a range of national, internal and local community organisations are pleased to present the Somali Week Festival as a part of Black History Month. The Festival will take place at Oxford House from 09th to 15th October 2008.

full info >>

This time it's Aadan Tarabi and Cali Sugule , they are spoiling us smile.gif

Every year for the past 3yrs I've wanted to show up for atleast 1-2 events on Somali Week, but never have...

Gotta try harder this year.

Really nice line-up!

AYOUB   

^^ My tip would be wait for the daily programme to be published. Pick a day "special" guests are booked not the ones who are here every few months. Take some cash with you just in case you like what's available.

Should somalian people rejoice given the fact that their country is In a chaotic condition.. I personally feel guilty whenever I see a somali men eating and enjoying Him self.

stuffofnonsense, what's the deal with u. should always make these sort of witty remarks and why do i see u in everyyyy little thread(everyday) don’t u have a job? And if so, are they hiring

Abtigiis   

More and more disgruntled people are pouring their venom onto good Ngonge. And some of the are forgetting what it means to be a yard away from one's privacy? SD is the second person I notice talking about Ngonge's occupation. The question is are you paying him social welfare? Or is he a dependent of yours? Why care or worry about his time and what he wishes to do with it?

Somalidu waa suntii harkaha runtii. Talk about what you don't like in his remarks. Please let us be civilized and stop attacking the personality of the person. This is a general remark.

Waa hadaad wax garad tahay. Hadii kale, wiglada tumo.

NGONGE   

I'm going on this day:

Monday 13th October 2008

5pm - 10pm

To do this:

Books displaying: visitors/audience can read,
touch and caress
, consult and purchase books on display

:D

ps

A&T, rijaaloha waaxid (though I think she was joking). :D

NGONGE   

I am planning to write a collection of short Somali stories, as told by Xaaji Basheer Baxar (who is not a xaaji and hardly even prays).

He is an old seaman who spends his days sat in his local coffee shop and sticking his oar into the arguments of the regular diners.

Once, as BB was sitting on his favourite table and sipping away a hot cup of tea, a father and son walked into the coffee shop and sat opposite him. They were having a serious argument. The father was telling his son to stick with University and the son was adamant that the working life was much better.

Xaaji BB listened intently whilst not giving any indication that he was, and kept nodding his head as he wisely closed his eyes and carried on loudly sipping from his cup of tea. The minute he noticed a lull in the argument, he spat out the question 'yarko ma jaamicado diiday?'

The father and son stopped in their tracks and looked around to see who was talking to them. They saw a clean-shaven old man who must have been at least eighty. His eyes were grey with cataracts and he was immaculately dressed, though the whole of him would have done with a quick going over with an iron.

Xaaji BB burst forth with one of his memorable stories and it went thus:

" When I was 17, I left my beautiful tolo of labaa qaroorado and joined three of my friends in their quest to become seamen. Our fourth friend, Abdullahi Fulay, refused to join us and argued that no real money can be made from going to sea. Of course, he later found out that he was wrong when he noticed all the money and gifts we were sending our families every time our ships docked in Aden. Not many people knew Abdullahi but most Somalis know his words. He's the probable mad man who wondered if people were singing in Aden.

In the sea, I learned lots of new skills that I plan to tell you about, but first, are you not going to have lunch? It's almost early evening!

(oh..oh..oh..home time. Laterz).

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

More and more disgruntled people are pouring their venom onto good Ngonge. And some of the are forgetting what it means to be a yard away from one's privacy? SD is the second person I notice talking about Ngonge's occupation. The question is are you paying him social welfare? Or is he a dependent of yours? Why care or worry about his time and what he wishes to do with it?

Somalidu waa suntii harkaha runtii. Talk about what you don't like in his remarks. Please let us be civilized and stop attacking the personality of the person. This is a general remark.

Waa hadaad wax garad tahay. Hadii kale, wiglada tumo.

^ lol, is u for real, or is u the alter ego of stuffofnonese. Listen, weird writer its Monday and I have very little tolerance on such days however I’m gone let u go with a warning and advise to speak when u directly been spoken to and to listen to own ur advice.

Stuffnonses, is u one of those Somali spies that u hear of? sort of curious to know