Sign in to follow this  
FatB

wombs for rent

FatB   

how bizar is this?

...Rich infertile couples living in Canada, USA, Britain and Australia are hiring poor women in India etc to carry their baby in her womb until the baby is born. This is called surrogate mothers. The women are part of womb renting industry that has spawned in the rural hinterland of Anand in India’s state of Gujarat. Primarily catering to couples living in Canada, Britain, Australia and the United States, the professional surrogates get paid between one and two lakh rupees (about C$2,500 and C$5,000) to improve their poor and landless lives..... not only that but it is becoming a convenience for the rich.

You can picture the wealthy couples of the West deciding that pregnancy is just not worth the trouble anymore and they would instead hire a poor women to carry their baby in her womb for some money.....,

sourse

MZanzi   

I have to say this is absolutely ridiculous! A woman who has to pay someone to have her child because they are soooooo desperate to be a

a mother

winnie   

this reminds me of nurse maids... rich women who couldnt bother having their bodies "abused" by their new borns weening would give it to a nursemaid... in america, usually to their female slave.

nursemaids are fairly common around the world, the prophet pbuh had one, when he was sent out of the city to nurture a good character in him... but i think there is something cynister underlying this phenomena. rich women who want to keep their figures, but who want a baby, will pay someone to go through the difficulties of motherhood and keep the glory... no doubt theyll hire a nanny to raise the babe too.

in a world where everything can be bought or sold... why is this surprising?

chubacka   

more examples of the world slowly going mad. If they are that turned off by pregnancy why don't they adopt, save money and hassel and really give someone a chance at a better life.

And would someone please tell these poor indian women to just say NO!

LuCkY   

how bizar is this?

Not bizarre at aLL. These women have spent thousands of dollars if not more in fertility treatments to get pregnant and sometimes it fails. And for those that choose surrogates they have to pay the fee; medical expenses, travel, the doctors & lawyers can be expensive. The surrogates in India are Less expensive.

Some women are not fortunate enough to get pregnant and carry it out. And they want children of their own not an adoption.

They both benefit...one gets a baby...the other feeds her family.

Does anyone know what the deen says about this issue?

winnie   

^^^ the deen says no on whoring yrself for money.

okay, maybe its too harsh a term, but thats basically the relationship between the surrogate mom and the paying mom.

adoption isnt permitted the way its understood today.

youre allowed to take care of an orphan, inlcude him/her in yr family but you have to make clear to the child he/she has a different lineage, and teach him/her about it as best you can.

about drastic fertility treatment, like getting the egg and sperm to *i forget word* in pietry dish... i honestly dont know. ask someone more knowledgeable.

Naden   

It is very easy to sit back and make rash judgments about other people's decision but infertility can be devastating. At its most basic level, it is a yearning shared by most humans to have and raise a child of their own. It has nothing to do with lack of imaan or deen.

Carrying, bearing, and breast-feeding your own child is one of life's gifts. To trust someone else with your child, who may or may not keep healthy habits and jeopardize there future health, is an excruciating decision. For the person insinuating that it will become a habit for the rich and lazy, it's been around for many years and surrogacy is mostly used by women who cannot carry a child or can only do so with serious health risks.

MZanzi   

aduunyada wareer badana

naag muslim ah kawaran hadu nin gaal ilmihiisa caloosha ku qaado ?

Diinta baneeneso bal noo sheeg

Who has the time anymore? Seriously I think it's a grand idea “Renting a Womb”, if I can get someone to go throw the pregnancy/birthing process they why not. It's a Noble profession if you ask me.

Originally posted by Je Jey:

naag muslim ah kawaran hadu nin gaal ilmihiisa caloosha ku qaado ?

^^A very relevant question indeed! I didn’t know there is a faqiihah in the room!

Womb for hire…sounds like a disturbing thought!