Sign in to follow this  
Bachelor

Does money rules our life?

Bachelor   

Money is one of the most important thing in this word. Without money we break down into more primitive again. Honestly speaking how many of you believe that money rule your/our life. How much influence does it have in our society, in particular (Somali). Lets here nomad’s point of view.

shyhem   

Tell me about money and i will arrive there faster than the 911 crew.In my world money comes next to religion,it just sits there next to my believe in God.

Forget about pple telling u about money can't buy u happiness,trust me with money in u'r saving account almost everything belongs to u,from women to the government.

NoVa   

Whoa...did someone say MOney..cuz my pocket needs some dought now :D

Money is important in the world we live in today. It's our only exchange throught buying and selling...simply because thats the only thing that works...after all it ain't like we can barten. And yes it does make some people happy because that lil paper can make some1's life stable..to the certain that they think their life is set. While others may feel shitty if they ain't got money in their account.

But people gotta remember that money is just a plain paper nothing else to it...and yes that's exactly what money is...thats the whole concept of money...After all it has no instic value.

Bashelor for real thought money is important..i can't even step out of the house if i'm broke.... redface.gif

Abdinuur   

YES! I would agree with SHYHEM & NOVA except I wouldn't put money next to religion.

It's true man. That small piece of paper can have an enormous power and can influence people. I think money rules this world as you can. The more benjamins you have, the more power you get, the more worlds you can rule. :eek:

I was reading few months ago how this paper money came about and you'd be surprised, too, if find this article and read it yourself.

Observer   

Good topic Bach!

We as a somali, are not any different from the other society. We value money and we share it with others easily comparing to other people. In other word, we tend to be much easier on it. The impact of money is unquestionably is far greater now than ever.

People fight for it. People lie for it. People die for it. Money is used all over the world to buy things. Money is what we use to get things that we want. Since we all do not want to make everything that we use on a daily basis we need to have a form of currency in order to split up the work between all of us. Thus money only acts as an agreement that we have made with ourselves to show us how much work we are doing for society. People in general put too much emphasis on money.

Money is important, but I think people have lost track of the idea behind money and simply care too much about the money itself. When money is involved a class difference will always occur. When money exists there will always be a case of those that have the money, and those that do not.

People who have the money often become obsessed with the money itself. Due to this they lose track of the bigger picture. Since money is a social construct, we should be willing to give it up when needed. Many people work hours upon hours in jobs that pay poorly because they need to do so in order to support their family. What amazes me is some of the more fortunate call these people slackers, or much worse just because they could not afford college. All the while these more fortunate spend money on useless trinkets to fill their shallow lives. That is right, shallow lives. A life devoted to the gathering of money is often devoid of the greater joys of life. I am speaking in generalizations here, but it often is the case.

Let me start with college itself. Many college students say that they are going to college in order to get well paying jobs. That is all well and good to an extent, but that should not be the main reason one should attend college. Like I mentioned, going to college is a great honor and everyone should make the best of it. Those that are lucky enough to go to college should take the time to find what is truly important to them. Getting a job is important, but finding yourself is more important.

I have heard of many people who plan to go into jobs because it pays well. They think that the money that they will get from the job will bring them happiness, but they are just fooling themselves. After college, when actually in the job, the people go through the same routine over and over again and are miserable. They might have money, but if money is all you have and all you search for, your search will end quickly as you find your illusion, but happiness will not come.

Money is a necessary evil that we must use to make our lives easier. It should only be used in such a manner though. We do not need to keep up with the Jones’. We don’t need to buy expensive clothes and food. We don’t need to buy the latest crave. Money we need to use for services. If we have all the services that we need, as well as some perks along the way, we don’t need the rest of our money. Thus, those that have the money should offer it those that do not. What do I mean by this though?

No one needs a $30,000 car. The $10,000 car will be able to get you to your destination just like the $30,000 car will. With that extra $20,000 imagine all the good that you could accomplish. You could buy some computers for a school in the inner city. You could donate it to the city in order to help clean up a park. You could find a brilliant child in the have not category and give them the chance to go to college and find out whom they really are. The difference between the expensive car and a less expensive car is just one example of how to use money to truly make a difference.

What is the importance of money then? The importance of money is to purchase what is needed for life based upon society’s need of you as a supporting member of the whole. What you get paid per hour represents how society judges your worth. Far too often though, people who accomplish great tasks get pushed into the shadows because they do not have as much money as the other guy. Take that money out of your wallet and take a good look at it.

Haneefah   

Observer, I completely agree with you bro.

Originally posted by Shyhem:

In my world money comes next to religion,it just sits there next to my believe in God.

Wanacuudu bilaah...man I hope you were joking, money next to God?? Subxanalah :eek:

I think money is just a tool, a means to an end or the end itself for some (my prayers are with those ppl walaahi)...It does make life more comfortable however, one should always be content with life with/without money. It has no importance what-so-ever, even if you're the richest person on earth, when your time comes your money won't leave with you but your camal will.

As muslim's Allah (swt) told us in the Qur'an : "Inallaha yarzuqu man yasha'u bigheyri xisaab" Allah guarantees us that he will provide for us without any limitation. As believers, we should have faith in our creator and we should always keep in mind the fact that whatever we achieve or we do not achieve in this world is merely a test of our faith in Allah. Therefore we should NEVER put an emphasis on materialism or aim to achieve worldy things.

Humans are very vulnerable and materialism is the one thing that can lower our imaan and come between us and God. Just look at those who are blessed with fortune yet who become mutakabirs and forget their purpose in this world...Some somalis I heard used to say "al faqiru yucalimu du'ah"...allahu manajinaa. My point is, life was never granted to us, let's appreciate what we have ie our lives, our deen and imaan, our health, the ability to do good and make a difference in this world and let's only aim for that which will help us succeed in the hereafter!

Dhimbil   

even if you're the richest person on earth, when your time comes your money won't leave with you but your camal will

Well put.....

Paragon   

Not me I am affraid. Money doesn't rule my life, I rule it instead. I mistreat it, I give it out plentily, I disrespect it but yet still it finds its way into my pockets. I crave the day when I'll be able to live out of its sight.

Raxmah   

Asalamu alaikum W.W

Money is essential in life, no matter where u r at u will need money. But unlike many ppl I dont strive everyday to make money, and spend it in careless ways. For allah has rizq, no matter how hard we try, we will not escape what had already been preplanned for us. But I can work hard everyday making sure I'm pleasin Allah, becuase at the end no matter how much money I accumalated in this world will worth nothing, and the only thing that will come with is piece of white cloth and my amal. So at the end money isn't important, its the way you live and how u live it that is important.

MaLikah   

I put it like this- I wouldn't be suffering through school if I didn't believe money could help me achieve many of my goals in life. It definitely doesn't come before my deen and spirituality but it sure does interfere with it. We lose our deen in pursuit of this green paper. I guess it all depends how you use the money; but nobody can deny that its the dream of people to be as well off as possible- I confess, I'm one of those people :D lol.

MaLikah   

I put it like this- I wouldn't be suffering through school if I didn't believe money could help me achieve many of my goals in life. It definitely doesn't come before my deen and spirituality but it sure does interfere with it. We lose our deen in pursuit of this green paper. I guess it all depends how you use the money; but nobody can deny that its the dream of people to be as well off as possible- I confess, I'm one of those people :D lol.