Sign in to follow this  
me

Abu iyo Ibn miidhan

Fabregas   

quote:Marka I am not trying to unite anyone, nor can I unite anyone, I am me and I am speaking out for myself and no one else.

I had the impression you are a Somalinimo champion, with your emphasis on SOMALI CULTURE, UNITY and whatnot. If you speak only for yourself, then why lecture about people destroying the SOmali culture and how SOMALI people should behave, etc? Surely it shouldn't matter if people call themselves ABU or wear cimamads! This is very important,as we need to clear this one up, before we proceed; what are you speaking for and defending? Somali Culture, Somali Language, Somali People, Somalinimo? mise waa la iska murmaya?

me   

Brof geel,

Maybe you should pay attention to what I post here. My nickname: me, that should have been a clue.

1. Waa layska murmayaa, marka ha is daalin.

2. I am expressing my views here, if you think my views are wrong you have two choices.

Choice A) Point out o what points you disagree with me and why you think I am wrong. Choice B) Ignore me.

This Somalinimo that you talk about as if it’s an alien concept is what defines me. It’s my history, my values, my culture and my future. It’s the blood that flows through my veins, the language of my thoughts. It is my link with my ancestors. It is my past, it is my present and it is my future. Somalinimo is the road and I am the bridge.

I do not have to talk about Somalinimo as an alien concept that one can’t grasp. I can see the union of jaahil and munaafiq that want to lie to our people and I am saying that Diinta doesn’t say red cimaamad is sunnah. Nor does it say Name Your Self Abu hebel. But diinta says allot about Lies and Liars. Marka why lie to the people?

Marka instead of trying to blur the topic, ku noqo my original argument and tell me what you disagree with.

Fabregas   

Adeer, On the hand you say you are "I am speaking only for myself, whilst on the other hand you speak for SOmalinimo and SOmali dresscodes. I just want to know waxaad difacaysaid: Somalinomo, Somali culture, Somali people? And, I also just want to know:

1. What is the problem

2. Who is causing it

3. The solution

After this, I will show that there are people who ignorantly attack and demonize Islamic symbols by hiding behind some bogus Somalinimo, which probably dates itself back to the last Marxist Regime( another bogus champion of SOmalinimo)!

me   

After this, I will show that there are people who ignorantly attack and demonize Islamic symbols by hiding behind some bogus Somalinimo, which probably dates itself back to the last Marxist Regime ( another bogus champion of SOmalinimo)!

What Islamic symbols? Are Abu/Ibn and the cimaamad Islamic symbols?

I can see it is hard for you to understand.

Let me give it one more try. I share my opinion here. My view, what I think.

It is not god’s law, it is not any law. But it is what I believe to be true.

I believe that my culture and as I count all Somalis to be my brothers and sisters of the Somali nation, our culture is under attack. There are foreign cultures that attack our being. These foreigners attack our essence. What makes us who we are is under attack.

It is easy to point out when colonials are oppressing your people. It is easy to point out and point a finger when an enemy army is occupying your territory, just as the Ethiopians are occupying Somali territory. But that is not the only kind of occupation, domination, colonization. There are other forms of domination.

That kind is cultural domination and this kind of domination finds its expression in changing of names, city names, invasion of a language with foreign words, rewriting of history, destruction of history etc etc.

I am at work now and can’t write essays for you. But my point is we are under attack and it’s not only the xabash that are attacking us.

We need to defend ourselves against the xabash as well as the arabs and all others that are destroying/distorting our culture. It is that simple.

No need to resurrect siyad barre, no need to get emotional.

If you disagree with me, come with real argument. Why you think that the points I have raised are BS.

Ps. I see how much it hurts you to see a Somali that is proud to be Somali.

Pss. Stop BSing around if you have a real argument, come with something that has substance. Talk to Brother Nur for advice, maybe Ngonge for some wit or Sophist for eloquence, get some help!

NGONGE   

That kind is cultural domination and this kind of domination finds its expression in changing of names, city names, invasion of a language with foreign words, rewriting of history, destruction of history etc etc.

Big fish eat little fish, saaxib. So, is it the weakness of the Somali culture or the ignorance of the people themselves of their own culture? Why would a Saxardiid decide to ditch his name and call himself Abu Cuuf (when he does not even have a son by that name)? What is the attraction?

Of course, my personal opinion, from having mixed with both cultures is that the difference is minimal and is only found in random occasions.

-Lily-   

I guess ignorant folks can't differentiate between what is/sounds Islamic and what is mimicing Arab culture.

Fabregas   

mr ME;

If you are still around, I'm going to start a new thread on this entitled: " To Hell with SOmali Culture".

See you there, inshallah!

:D

What is 'somali culture' anyways, somali culture is a mixture of italian, arab, indian, oromo cultural practices. Even the language is not unique and the script is based on latin.

That being said, I agree that this imitation of arabs is getting out of hand. Why do somali's love imitating the same arabs that will call you cabid in a heartbeat.

I've noticed there is this mentality of somali's that to become better muslims, one must imitate arabs. Some of the best muslims are actually not arab, but indonesian, malaysian etc. If we are to imitate a group of people, I'd rather we imitate them.

Prinz   

Abu's rock, it's the latest trend.

I'm sure you heard how the saudi cimaamad with the red dots has doubled in price when 'em wadaads were ruling :D

RedSea   

loool..ok

2nd Has anyone asked what mr.me reall name might be?

I bet it's one of those arabic names. So if anything, he should start us off by changing it.