Sign in to follow this  
Business_Man

The great big question?

mahadi   

Personally being a man I can never understand this practice. It sounds horrible, but I also cannot agree with the traditional discourse on the subject from people like Alice Walker. FGM, as it is called now has been practiced in this country by middle class white folks as recently as the 50's and 60's. Currently, it is used mainly as a method to prove the inferiority of the practices of other cultures. This is a critique of the issue of FGM, not the act.

The act is something I would never consider for my children, but despite my first reaction I cannot condemn others. We only hope to educate them so that they might make a more informed decision. And if they are determined to continue provide a safe method for doing so. This could prevent death related from the process, much like abortion in this country only a few decades ago.

For OG_Moti,

I think you misunderstand the term culture. Your examples are all flawed. Latinos, Arabs, Indians, etc. are hardly uniform cultures. Cultures change continually that is their nature.

Also, in a patriarchal society, women don't complain because it can get them in trouble. That is not a good measure of any issue.

OG Moti   

guys forget OG_moti, i am retired, culture changes yes and it is called cultural shock bro.. so guys be whatever you are... we will meet in somalia and we solve the our problems there looooooool peace

Kamilyah   

looool, i partly agree with Nasra.

I dont think it's right i dont agree with it, i aint gonna do it to ma kidz but hey its life, anyhow ya'll need to chill half of u are sayin' the same thing but u just want to go on with ya damn selves.

peace