Sign in to follow this  
som-aussie chick 4 life

inter-racial marriages

Narniah   

som-aussie chick 4 life;52069 wrote:
as-salamu alaikum

wat r ur ideas/views on inter-racial marriages.

i've a friend who wanted 2 get married 2 a lebanese bro but her dad refused sayin "somalis n arabs have nothin in common, i'll give u my blessings if u only marry a somali dude" etc, etc.

is this how all somali parents think?

would u marry some1 that does not come from the same nationality as u?

now we all know that islamically speakin inter-racial marriages r HALAL as long as the person u want 2 marry is muslim {except 4 broz since they r allowed 2 marry "the people of the book} rite? so y do somalis make such a BIG deal out of inter-racial marriages?

parents shud advice their daughters 2 marry a pious broz n not say somethin such as "i'll give u my blessings if u only marry or bring a somali man"

anyho, wat r ur ideas n point of views on this?

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with marrying out the race. I know many happily married couples who are in interracial marriages it's inspiring.

Talk about digging up an old topic.

That being said: The Somalis on this Forum should have a little more regard for their dhaqan and marry within their race. We already have enough problems as it is as a society, and if we start to marry foreigners, these problems would increase. Most Arabs would prefer to marry their own kind. Most Chinese would prefer to marry their own kind, and so should most Somalis. But then again, no one should be forced to marry someone they don't want to

Narniah   

Che -Guevara;889485 wrote:
They produce sweet caramel babies and Narniah wants to join the club:D

Lol che, I'm actually a Vanila baby, so to produce a caramel baby I'd need dark chocolate:p. The only problem is I don't seem to have much in common with chocolates.

Hmm who knows what the future holds.

israa   

som-aussie chick 4 life;52069 wrote:
anyho, wat r ur ideas n point of views on this?

Nothing wrong with it, but it's not for me. My grandmother warned me against marrying a foreigner, and I doubt anyone from my father's side will allow such a thing either. Tis the drama of xenophobic families :P

*isra*;916010 wrote:
Nothing wrong with it, but it's not for me. My grandmother warned me against marring a foreigner, and I doubt anyone from my father's side will allow such a thing either. Tis the drama of xenophobic families
:P

Your family is 100% right. We must protect the Somali genes since its recessive.

israa   

oba hiloowlow;916015 wrote:
Your family is 100% right. We must protect the Somali genes since its recessive.

I did not know that. Plus it would mean my kids would be foreigners in my homeland.

Haatu   

Oba, is it really recessive and what's the proof?

XX is a racist as well :D

In all seriousness though, I don't understand why marrying outside the race is inspirational. Yes, I'm talking to you Miss I'm Vanilla :D

PS: why is Che in every one of these topics :P