Sign in to follow this  
som-aussie chick 4 life

inter-racial marriages

Saalixa   

PLEAZE

Carab haygu soo hadal qaadin. Do not ever marry an arab,,,i just feel sorry for those who marry arabs, they are the most racist, uncivilised ppl you will meet and next to them are the indains---marry a revert instead, coz the end of the day a arab will call u ya aswada, and your children behind your balk will be called "the children of the black one". This is comon in arab countries and if you live there you will experience it yourself no matter how religious they might say they are. They are arabs~!~

And what is wrong with our somali brothers?

They are the best you will ever meet~iyaka ha dhafin sis,they are goodlooking, wise and thoughtfull!

Originally posted by rayaana:

PLEAZE

Carab haygu soo hadal qaadin. Do not ever marry an arab,,,i just feel sorry for those who marry arabs, they are the most racist, uncivilised ppl you will meet and next to them are the indains---marry a revert instead, coz the end of the day a arab will call u ya aswada, and your children behind your balk will be called "the children of the black one". This is comon in arab countries and if you live there you will experience it yourself no matter how religious they might say they are. They are arabs~!~

And what is wrong with our somali brothers?

They are the best you will ever meet~iyaka ha dhafin sis,they are goodlooking, wise and thoughtfull!

I have no idea what your first quote means or what "aswada" means but I do know that is the most racist email I have come across on this site and am disgusted! Also nip your head into a dictionary before posting, your spelling and grammar leave plenty to be desired for! :eek:

You say that Arabs and Indians are uncivilised and racist, yet you portray these very qualities in what you're saying! I am Indian and resent your rascist crap! Ever heard of free will and freedom of expression? What gives you the right to dictate who people should choose as their life partners? As long as they are muslim, Allah has no issue and where does that leave you?There are good Arabs and bad ones, just like any other race you come across. It is unfair that you tar ever one with the same brush!

If a Somali girl chooses a non-somali guy, that doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong with the guys, it's simply their personal preference. Please, give up the prejudice and remember that beneath everything, we all share the common values of humanity.

NGONGE   

^^^ Apropos of nothing, there is a member in this site that goes by the name of Phil. He loves everything Indian. Now that you’ve confessed this little bit of information, I might as well tell you to expect a PM from him. My advice to you is to ignore him. :D

I have no idea what your first quote means or waht "aswada" means but I do know that is the most racist email I have come across on this site and am disgusted! Also nip your head into a dictionary before posting, your spelling and grammar leave plenty to be desired for!

Wow! Wow! Hold your horses missy will ya?

You are too new to start this kind of talk.

As for the topic@,

so y do somalis make such a BIG deal out of inter-racial marriages?

Tis not only a somali isssue.

White folks dont like black folks,black folks dont like white folks,Arabs dont like black folks,chinese folks dont like black folks,etc.

we marry our kind.

Imagine, introducing ABTI Lax Wase to JOHN, try explaining to him why he got that name. or the burden of trying to translate every FOORJO MADE BY 'ILMA INA LAX WASE' to john. Gee its nerve wrecking. :D

Afronaut: I'll talk in whatever way I wish to, that has nothing to do with me being new on this site! I am entitled to my opinions just as any other person here.

There you go again, the constant need to categorise things into boxes. Old v New, Black v White etc...

Just because you're racist, don't be so hasty to place everyone else in the same bracket. :rolleyes:

Ngonge: I'll watch out for him, thanks for the warning, lol! :D

Moth sister...It is best to ignore such people becaue they are speaking out of hatred ...one of the many chidren of ignorance.

P.S Come on now. Think for a moment. Is this reall surprising considering that some somalis hate their own people depending on what tribe they belong to? :D;)

Hey

Somali people forgot about what the islam instead they folow the culture. God said marry anyone who is Muslim. So there is nothing we can do if our parents are like that,,, hopefully we dont be like that in the future thats one thing we can prevent.

bilan   

rayaana i am really disappointed,especially that you wear the 'religious coat',and tell people all the time to fear Allah. do not generalize entire race in one category, you do not know all indians and arabs( more than half of muslim population) have you ever seen any arab/indian racist? have you ever seen them using those words towards muslims? i lived in an arab country and never in any way any form of racism based on my color was directed towards me, for you to call entire race as uncivillized is pure ignorance.i am not saying there is no racist arabs/indian, because i am sure there are some,as there is somali racist( imagine bringing home nigerian/ white muslim? how would your parents react to it)the best muslim people that i met were indians/pakistanis, and nigerians. being said that. i would not advice any somali to marry another race,marriage is more than love and two people,it's about two families,culture and language. while i wish somalis will not inter-marry other races, at the end of the day its personal choice,as long as your family is happy with it too, but no one will understand you better than your own.

that is the most racist email I have come across on this site and am disgusted!

Dear Moth, you haven't seen nothing yet. You should trawl through the archives. :D

NG,

What, PHIL is male now? When did she change sex? :eek:

Bilan,

i would not advice any somali to marry another race,marriage is more than love and two people,it's about two families,culture and language.

On the contrary, marriages fail because of family and cultural interference. A marriage is between two people and no one else. And don't you know? Love conquers all! *Wince*

BONKBARF.JPG

A slighty different topic here.

Some Somali people always say "there are plenty of Somali guys who are educated and handsome or who are into the same thing you are, so therefore there's really no need to marry a non-Somali".

I always imagine to myself, that I have to produce a certificate to prove that I couldn't find a Somali guy who likes gardening and works as an engineer, before I'm allowed to consider men from other cultures. To some Somali people I know, finding a partner is all about ticking the boxes. Want a husband who is educated? check A smart dresser? check Builds plane models? check... no need to get an 'outsider'.

Sure it's not all about love, but I would say about 90% of the relationship should be. I personally don't really see skin colour when I think about my future husband, I see qualities that attract me, but it is this indefineable chemical reaction that will lead me to one guy and not to another (though he may possess the same qualities).

....aaah, I'm rambling

I would argue against the new trend of Somali Girls and Boys marriying strangers or people outside of our culture. My intend is not racially motiviated but I believe that by marrying someone outside the fold of Somalis is problematic.

Arab Muslims and Muslim Indians aren't bad though as long as they're muslim that's the quranic advice but preferally someone you know culture, language wise is surely better suited to you than marrying someone you don't understand language or culture wise. If you marry a stranger and it all ends up in tears then don't blame anyone else as we Somalis know each other and that would give us a starting point for a good relationship based on love, understanding and harmony.

My conclusion is to everyone in here marry a Somali but if are reluctant please don't marry some buddist or ther Kaafirs such as Sikhs, Shia's, Idol, moon and sun worshippers, christians and Jews.

Marry instead a good muslim or muslimah but I would advice to marry Somalis but everyone has got his or her choice so it's up to you whatever you choose just be true to yourself, parents, culture and most crucial our guide and beloved religion of AlIslaam.

dawoco   

lol@moth, rayaane seems to have hit a raw nerve, your reply was quite passionate...

At the risk of sounding racist, I happen to agree with her on her main argument, though I would have formulated it otherwise.

Marriage is hard enough without having no cultural common ground. We learn from our parents how marriages function by observing their methods in all aspects and emulate them when time comes for our own marriages, the way we define a man's role and a woman's role is based on our impression of those around us.

When two people have different cultural upbringing they just face more difficulties in understanding one another, with someone from your own country you are more likely to know their expectations, it goes the other waty round too. There is no language barriere and the two families will have much more in common.

And of course when children come, one parent might have a different idea of child rearing to the other. Also, imagine your child never fitting with neither your family nor his, whenever they play with their cousins they will be different, that is regardless of having the support of both families...

Marriages are difficult enough without having more hurdles thrown at you, so to my opinion it is easier to stick to a MUSLIM from your own country rather than a MUSLUM from elsewhere. There is something comforting in the fact that your life mate can communicate with your family in their own language, and of course, I would want to impress my future inlaws with my somali smile.gif

Having said all of that, Allah's will prevails and if i'm meant to marry a muslim from Russia, so be it, i will submit to his will. InshaAllah though, that won't be the case.

ps:I agree with afro, sister you were very aggressive to rayaane. You would be surprised how many nomads believe that its good to stick to ones kind. It shouldn't be classified as racism, all cultures share that sentiment. It just so happens that you are in a place dominated by somalis.

Originally posted by dawoco:

ps:I agree with afro, sister you were very aggressive to rayaane. You would be surprised how many nomads believe that its good to stick to ones kind. It shouldn't be classified as racism, all cultures share that sentiment. It just so happens that you are in a place dominated by somalis.

Hi Dawoco, thanks for your insight! smile.gif I would just like to highlight that I was not offended by the suggestion that it is good to marry one's own race. I completely respect that, my parents are of that opinion as are many of my friends. At one time, I myself felt that way. Of course we all feel most comfortable around those that are similar to us and that is completely natural.

I did not call Rayaana racist for the above opinion, BUT for calling all arabs and Indians "racist and unicivilised". I think most right thinking people will agree that that is an ignorant and overwhelmingly racist comment.

I have absolutely no problem with a person choosing their life partner, the criteria is set by them alone and those who judge need to get a life! As muslims, we can surely hope that one Muslim would choose another, but again, we have no right to assert our will on others.

dawoco   

Hiya moth, just goes to show what a little variaty does for a forum! :D

Do you know, such opinions are so common that one needs to look from the outside in rather than the inside out for some objectivity. Regrettfully some of us have witnessed racism from certain bad apples, and it would seem, have decided that the whole apple tree itself must be corrupt to produce such apples..

In our society, as in many, negative experiences are shared and spread wide and become an established fact, so that one gets used to such tale and doesn't lift an eyebrow when reading it :(