Sign in to follow this  
Caano Geel

terror police excuses

Malika   

^They have no quarms asking that now days,a woman I know was asked if her husband attends the mosque regularly,and if she know he is involved 'heavly' with any Islamic organisation.All these question,while taking statements for a domestic dispute..They thought they might as well,get him for terrorism,if she isnt pressing charges for breaking half their furniture.

-Lily-   

^^You see being asked questions like that tempt you to be very creative when responding back and that may land you in more trouble.

CG,it all depends on where you went to.

Right now, the ENTIRE East Africa(Horn of Africa) is designated "high terror alert zone", they have some crappy acronym for it btw. Thanks to Al Shabaab.

They stop everyone who visits that part of the country. It aint you alone. A cousin of mine,who had a Kenyan Passport, was asked: "You dont look Kenyan,You look Somali". His smarty response: "I dont look Somali, I AM SOMALI". Her boss informed her that,Yes,there are Somalis who have had Kenyan Passports since,Sir Evalyn Barring was the Governor of East African Protectorate. Dumb azz.

lily yep, they really did ask that question,

FX-brown depends on what acronym you wanna give to a sleepy german town entirely populated by the german middle class and their turkish kebab feeders

Malika a sign of the times then!

^ your lucky walaal

I have been stopped a few times, usually when I've let the beard grow ... my flight left because I was stuck in an 'interview'.

from personal experience and from what I've heard from other people the worst place seem to be the UK.

Welcome back CG

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

lily
yep, they really did ask that question,

FX-brown
depends on what acronym you wanna give to a sleepy german town entirely populated by the german middle class and their turkish kebab feeders

Malika
a sign of the times then!

Well,You aint no turkish kebab feeder & you aint definetly a middle class german. So,which begs,the question: What the fonk were you doing there? L0L. I see where that immigration officer is coming from. smile.gifsmile.gif

Special hi-5 to II & Val. Hello Ladies smile.gif

Indhoos   

My friend, upon his return from the Hajj, was asked

"You are not old enough to accumulate much sin why

go to the Hajj?"

Go Figure...

Pacifist   

I have been stopped so many times, that now am used to it.

I was at the Seattle Airport at the Airline counter, when I saw Two port police, one other Gentlemen and a woman stopping at every Counter to ask something. I was thinking Whoa somebody is in trouble, I didn't know they were coming for me. The group were two Port Police, One FBI, and the lady was with the Airline. After couple hours of questioning me. They responded " Oh the reason is because your last name is the same as a terrorist we are looking for" It didn't end there. I was getting extra screening and security checks at every Airport. Am not even allowed to check in online.

Am already dredding my trip next month :(

Ibtisam   

^^What is your surname?? :eek: Bin laden :D

You should consider changing your name if it is giving you so much trouble. smile.gif

As for the topic: Meesh Canno Geel is gettting stopped and searched, the rest of us are doomed in that case, we should just stay at home and not even bother. I mean really.....

Pacifist   

Its Xasan and I love it. A friend suggested I change my name to Sarah Hansen naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa absolutely not. I make an effort to correct them when they say my name wrong. I even go further to say it out loud spelling it, so they can say it right. Thats exactly what they want, am not changing no names.

Like the Miss Jocelyn skit owmwokwopopo.

-Lily-   

Pacifist, I think you should complain , if they searched you once & more than once and clarified you’re not the said terrorist, why not just put a note in your file? I mean, imagine all the Johns getting stopped, your surname is so popular. Sounds outrageous.

p.s. check your e-mail.

Some time ago around Paris, I was asked by a train agent to move away into another area with my luggages, citing "customers concerns".

Another extra x-ray check for my computer afterwards, I was welcomed back with a thorough examination of my green tea bag with gloved hands (I threw it away due to potential residues from the latex).

As we are supposed to stay unchanged as "potential threats", my passport was usually put under close scrunity, even though neither Somalia nor any other "suspect location" were mentioned on it!

As for acquaintances visiting their families back home, they have to hid it and mention instead Dubai or Djibouti as their destination; yet, they still have to get used to long interrogations.

Even worse than the awkward questioning, two brothers were detained for few days in North-America and deported back despite their counterparts being present in persons as well as official invitations!

Now, imagine another community put under such humiliations, without the slightest care for decency...

Pacifist   

Lily its not that easy dear. I have complained and complained. After I saw this guy who a born American going through this, I gave up. At list am not banned from flying. Also I think it will be more easy for me, since I got my passport inshallah I will see the difference soon.

And it's apparently not easy to get yourself off the list once you are on it. Although Boyle claims that the TSA constantly scrubs the list for possible mistaken identities of people who have frequent "encounters" with the list, even if they don't file a complaint, Griffin uncovered an innocent passenger with a common name --
James Robinson
-- who has complained endlessly and has received no resolution of his case.

Senator Edward Kennedy
-- also with a common name -- experienced endless hassles and red tape trying to get his name off the list. If such a well-known figure has such problems, the average misidentified traveler is in big trouble.

Source

Its crazy :rolleyes: