Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Amazing Pictures of Borama

A.J.   

Yeah, beautiful pics indeed,

i could never have imagined to be able to see that kind of beautifully green scenery in Somaliland. Ma'shallah

Hunguri   

There is one picture, which is a true copy paste of the "rights reserved Sanaag Calmadow mountains pictures". Its obviouse in the link :D . Peacenow, the picture with the title of "Subaxa hore iyo Camuud" Are you sure its for Camuud and Boorama ???

Som@li   

Beautiful pics,I would love to buy a house there!

Hunguri, adigu ma hangool baad ku ilaalin sawirda Calmadow. Borama is aslo part of Somalia, and you should be proud! ;)

^^ Walal, Borama IS a decent size city, these pictures show the countryside. With one of the most respected university in east Africa and its many business such as hotels Borama is nothing close to a "dusty tuulo". Before making judgements you might want to visit the city first.

RedSea   

Socod Badne, shut it dude, go with the flow.lool

Besides, it's alot better than your area, the snowy and terribly cold Ottowa.

Dust? I don't see no dust, maybe wipe the dust off of your goggles dude.

I see green. smile.gif

280457494_73f28ba628.jpg?v=0

Miskin   

Looks a SHUNTY TOWN OR BUULO EELAAY to me. I dont see beauty, i only BAADIYO. Looks rather TUULO than a town.

Honest observation!!!!!!

You know I don't like to sound rude but honestly I can't see a beautiful city there, just more and more Jiingado. It's a typical Somali town, nothing more

Peacenow   

Lois Lane, good post. All of you guys are talking about the town. The town can be developed. What I zoomed in on in the picture was the sheer green land that surrounds it.

Originally posted by Lois Lane:

^^ Walal, Borama IS a decent size city, these pictures show the countryside. With one of the most respected university in east Africa and its many business such as hotels Borama is nothing close to a "dusty tuulo". Before making judgements you might want to visit the city first.

I know Borama is anything but dusty tuulo, I was merely being facetious. I'm not so sure about the anti-borama brigade above me.

A.J.   

Boorama is indeed a beautiful city of a good size and a real nice moderate climate. it's development is also going at a good pace.

Ma'shalah

^Completely agree. I can't really understand why some are hellbent on knocking down this beautiful and charming city. Why can't somalis be proud of each other? Why can't we all get along :(

While I take great deal of pride in being a man well-versed in all things including Somalis, I'm ashamed to admit that I was totally in the dark when I heard of Borama. I thought it was a clan name, exotic sounding one at that, prompting me to blurt out "wow, that's National Geographic material!" Further digging yeilded the names of clans that live in the city, and may a pigeon poop land in my eye if I'm lying, they sounded like the names of exotic greek islands I once read in dusty ancient greece books. From then on I was hooked! Borama became the apple of my eye, no small exaggeration there. I tell ya that city piqued my curiosity like no other, it's full of intrigue, charm, ineffable beauty and very hospitable from what I gather. It has everything you need and more. In fact, it's rated as number tourist destination spot by SB's Horn Adventures and it's friendly residents have drawn Somalis from all backgrounds to live there. Borama is the place to be! Go visit and see what has everyone is raving about!

Originally posted by Zafir:

^Due to your Jump-ball no??
:D
Where you been lately, Sire?

I don't know what you're on about with B-ball lingo. :( Jumb-balls are foul based on my limited understand of this silly sport, are you accusing me of foul doing?

But about your last question, I was busy trying to secure the much coveted chief advisor to the TFG position. Which will render me, if I secure it that is, the most powerful man in Somalia (as long as I have the ear of decision makers). It's still work in progress but I'm glad to report I'm making steady headways.