Sign in to follow this  
Instinct.Poet

The Movie, Rajo?what are your after thoughts?

Faheema.   

The tittle of the film "Rajo" should give you a clue of the message the producer is trying to convey.

To me, it sounds like a realistic movie. Our people tend to think Somalis never do wrong and we class ourselves as being "saints". Among us we have those who are selling/using drugs, guns and getting upto all kind of things which are both unlawful and unislamic behaviour. Whether it's "Unsomali" or not, this film unveils the current situation in our community. Sadly, this will not be a learning curve but rather dismissal from our part.

I wonder how much longer will we remain in denial?

that shit is wack as hell yo..

you can see the fakeness of clips they got.

you can tell the second camera angle they did.

the fakeness of the punches,kicks,ect.all that shit.

the girl is hot though.

yall needs stick with "dira" sometimes.

but in general..that movie is wack with only footage from the promo clips they got.

i do commercial videos and school movies so i know.

Kool_Kat   

I've seen only the boorsamiinto in Ohio...But I heard it'll be in Toronto around the boxing day weekend...

It seemed very interesting, and I gotta give mad respect to the producers and production...I'll let you know what I think of it when I see it...

until then, ohh well...

The DVD of this Movie was just released in Australia...All ova sudden, it became a Blockbuster!!!

I found it very funny tho even when they were being serious... Sometimes, You could feel how hard they trying not to smile or laugh...heheh funny peeps

There is a room for improvement...

Cheers

Zu u sure its in Australia. We just got Qabyo 2 downunder at the end of last year.Im guessing that a copy should be available after the Commonwealth Games some time. :confused:

where do you go to get them? i accually passed by this place that was advertising african films... i wnt in jst to see if they had somali films. no luck. in fact it was kind of embarassing, their selection that is. they shouldve just advertised nigerian films.

Originally posted by Nomadic_Princess:

Zu u sure its in Australia. We just got Qabyo 2 downunder at the end of last year.Im guessing that a copy should be available after the Commonwealth Games some time. :confused:

Yeah Nomadic..we have it in Aussie..I think you should talk to the right ppl..ehm..ehmm..such as legends, myths and so on...heheheh

Seriously tho, you can go to Footscray Mall - "Africa or music hall of fame" shop...i think that is what they call the shop...say to them "Legend has send you and you will get a nice discount"...er'...I dont work there..So dont ask for Legend... coz PPl may stare at you...

Hope that Helped...

Cheers

i saw the movie, i have to say though, the Title "hope" doesnt match the plot. at 1st it made sence. then came the part where homeboy fell in love with some chick(ayan), then i lost it... here is a guy who is trying to find who killed his brother... and on this hand, he's falling in love , so you wonder, is this film about love? is it about revenge? is it about somali people caught in the wrong situations ?

in any case, its an excellent start for my good friend abdisalam atto. with this film, he answers the questtions surrounding ohio and its " Tuulo" reputation. with views from up top and down low and by the lake, he shows how beautifull ohio is.

i hear he's working on another film " 5 questions: about somalia" and the likes of Abdi Bille are taking part in it. if he keeps up, i see him in the big leagues.

i'm ghost.

Intel   

its the one with bit of animation at the start right??

if so... i saw a bit lastnight quite funny.

i like when the mother is yelling at the daughter in english which she was reading from a booklet :D .. says GO AND DON"T COME BACK then looks at the booklet and says NO MORE. hahaha :D