Sign in to follow this  
Elysian

Somali boy shot dead in London

Peacenow   

What is happening. Why are they targetting Somalis. Why is the victim always a Somali. Why are they involved in gangs and this rotten culture.

Chimera   

this is why i ''lol'' on that kiynan topic because of the ridicilous media frenzie

Somalis have been victims of White hate(racist BNP) and also Black hate every since that biased one sided west indian produced Channel 4 documentary(forgot the name IIRC something like Who you calling a N.GGER?)came out about the West Indies vs Somali conflict( which wasn't even a conflict at that time just silly incidents)

no media is covering this barbaric murder the way they covered a victim killed by a ''Somali''

Channel 4 news, Channel 5 news, BBC all silent

if hadn't visited SOL i probably wouldn't even know about this cold blooded murder

but this is without a doubt a revenge killing just yesterday or the day before i saw another damn special about that Kiynan boy

Peacenow   

London is home to 200 nationalites, the whole world is there.

If Somalis are victim of white hate, then so must the 200 groups be there too. That is no answer. And why this running war with the west indians. For what purpose is that for?

Why antagonize them and for comical reasons.

False Pride.

Why are the Somalis always in the midst of this. Why do they stand out. The question needs to be asked. The worlds poorest and most shamed people have no business in my opinion to swagger in the streets of London, like they are the son of P.Diddy. You never see the other communities involved in this type of events. Why never the Ethiopians or Eritreans. They keep their head down and get on with it.

If there is news of gang violence or gun crime today, you can be assured there is going to be a Somali victim or perpautuer.

Please don't blame racism, that would be most convenint.

There is terrible racism here in Milan, but I'm the only black person in this city with a suit going to work every day, the rest sell trinkets in the streets or clean private homes. One should have values. Those who live in London are far far more lucky, they have opportunity at their feet. But yet with false pride they have swallowed in this rotten gang culture and failing all around.

Ibtisam   

^^^I Don't think people need to hear this shi*T right now, go and rant on another thread, and it does not say he was in a gang, it says he was chased and murder by a gang, a case of wrong place, wrong time. Regardless of what happened, your self hating bullshid attitude of we are the poorest and most shamed (what the F... does that mean anyway) people in the world and have no business walking in the streets of London is NOT something that needs to be on this thread. He was just a little kid, and everyone regardless of what their background is everyone deserves to live and walk as they please without fear of being shot.

My prayers are with the boys family, may Allah have mercy on them and the victim.

p.s. only black person who wears a suit kuulaah, :mad: your post is full of cra*p, and contradictions.

Ilaahay ha u naxariisto cunuga, eheladiisana samir iyo amaan ha ka siiyo.

As for the black gang that executed our boy. Someone should kidnap them and inject Ricin or Cyanide into their veins so they could die slowly and painfully.

Chimera   

Originally posted by peacenow:

London is home to 200 nationalites, the whole world is there.

If Somalis are victim of white hate, then so must the 200 groups be there too.

And where in my post did i say they didn't receive the same treatment?

That is no answer. And why this running war with the west indians. For what purpose is that for? Why antagonize them and for comical reasons.

You expect Somalis to roll over and let people intimidate them? in my area there used to be a large group of west indian thugs and as more Somalis arrived this whole neighbourhood changed for the better

no more drugs dealing Southall has a long row of Somali shops and malls now

Somalis are doing great it's jealousy i'm worried about.

False Pride.

Why are the Somalis always in the midst of this. Why do they stand out. The question needs to be asked.

Because they are easy targets maybe? new immigrants always encounter animosity because the older immigrant groups see them as competition

The worlds poorest and most shamed people have no business in my opinion to swagger in the streets of London,

Man get the fck outta here with your inferiority complex, i walk through the streets of London because i work, go to uni, socialize in London

do you expect Somalis to fly over London?

Immigration and Multiculturalism, Werner F Menski, social scientist

Somali is now the majority home language for children in many London schools, and young Somalis are beginning to come through as university students, following young South Asians along trails that they seem to have blazed a decade or so ago. These new multicultural realities are not only making themselves felt at primary or secondary school level, therefore, they now affect life and work also in universities, where a new generation of the descendants of immigrants are coming up as top students, asking many questions that we never heard before.

Somali Language

Children as young as five should learn Polish, Afghan and even Somali under plans to shake up language learning.

Children of five 'should be taught Somali in schools' By Laura Clark

The Academic Rise of Somali students at the Tower Hamlets College

Somali students are steadily climbing the Academic ladder at Tower Hamletss College with more students than ever taking A-level and vocational courses

Somali_Student_Success

The Changing Face of Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurship in Britain

new minority groups, emerging despite apparently strong immigration controls, are beginning to replace earlier communities in some places. For example in Southall, the heart of London’s Indian Sikh community, both Somali and Afghan enterprises have appeared. The Afghans occupy a number of large shops sub-divided into low-grade micro malls, mainly selling cheap clothing and household goods. The Somali businesses are on the southern fringe of the Southall shopping district; restaurants and cafés are the most prominent types of activities. In the 1980s, the premises currently occupied by Afghans and Somalis mainly accommodated Indian retailers

like they are the son of P.Diddy.

P-diddy wears suits so that would make you the puff daddy of Milan eh? :D

You never see the other communities involved in this type of events. Why never the Ethiopians or Eritreans. They keep their head down and get on with it.

Four Ethiopians dead, two wounded in south Atlanta house shooting E-mail

Source: PR-Inside

© AP 2007-07-23 17:03:31

ATLANTA (AP) - An Ethiopian immigrant fatally shot three of his relatives and wounded two others before killing himself early Monday at a home in southwest Atlanta, police said. Atlanta police spokesman Eric Schwartz said he believed the victims were all related.

The gunman, described by a neighbor as a retired immigrant worker who delighted in helping children, was identified as Abdulaziz Ibrahim, 52. Neighbors told WSB Radio that the family was from Ethiopia.

The shooting happened around 7 a.m. in a house in a residential area of neatly tended cottage homes and flowering trees near Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. The bodies of Hana Yusuf, 26, and a person named Luna _ whose age and surname were not given _ were found inside the house, Schwartz said. A fourth victim, Mohmmed Ibrahim, 28, died at a local hospital. Two others are hospitalized. Police said 3-year-old Amir Abdulhakim was in critical condition while Yusuf Ibrahim, 27.

Charlene Weiters, a neighbor, said the family moved into the home about 12 years ago from overseas and still spoke broken English.

Weiters said she believed Abdulaziz Ibrahim lived in the home with his wife, three children, two nieces and two grandchildren.

She said he was a retired manufacturing worker who often helped neighborhood children by giving them school supplies and small toys. His wife was not home at the time, she said.

Eritrean community stunned by killings-OAKLAND

Ignoring the judge's advice, one of two brothers accused of fatally shooting three of their dead brother's in-laws on Thanksgiving in Oakland proclaimed in court Tuesday that he acted in self-defense.

"Whatever happened was self-defense. Everything in the newspapers is all lies," said Asmeron Gebreselassie, 43, the accused gunman, after he and his sibling were charged with special-circumstances murder that could lead to the death penalty if convicted.

Gebreselassie's comments came after Alameda County Superior Court Judge Trina Thompson Stanley warned him against speaking in court. Neither he nor his brother, Tewodros Gebreselassie, 39, entered a plea.

The court appearance coincided with an outpouring of grief by students and teachers at Berkeley High School for one of the victims, a popular senior and soccer player. They raised more than $3,000 in small donations for his family, who hope to bury the victims in their native Eritrea.

The Gebreselassie brothers are charged with killing their deceased brother's widow, 28-year-old Winta Mehari, her brother Yonas Mehari, a 17-year-old Berkeley High student, and their mother Regbe Bahrenegasi, 50, during a Thanksgiving Day party in an apartment complex in the 5300 block of Telegraph Avenue.

Witnesses told police that Tewodros Gebreselassie arrived first at the party and, on his cell phone, said, "Yeah, they're all here," police said. Minutes later he opened the apartment door for his brother, who then opened fire, police said. Tewodros Gebreselassie grabbed Winta Mehari's 2-year-old son and took him to the second-floor apartment where the Gebreselassies lived, witnesses said.

Police said the two men suspected Winta Mehari of having a role in the March death of their 42-year-old brother. An autopsy failed to find the cause of death.

Fitsum Keflezighi, a cousin of the Meharis, rejected assertions that the suspects acted in self-defense.

"You judge. Somebody coming in your own house on Thanksgiving Day and opens fire. That's self-defense? This is just a joke," Keflezighi said outside court. "People know the truth. We want justice to be served. I feel like I'm living a nightmare. It has devastated our family."

The death penalty could be imposed based on the special circumstances of multiple murder and murder during the alleged kidnapping of the 2-year-old.

The victims and suspects were immigrants from Eritrea, and the killings have shocked the East Bay's tightly-knit community from that small East African nation. Many people packed the courtroom Tuesday, and others stood in the hallway.

Many supporters have brought food for the family and donated money for transporting the three bodies to Eritrea, for medical bills for other family members injured in the attack, and for care of Winta Mehari's son.

Winta Mehari came to the United States in 1999 and settled in Berkeley. Two years later, her mother and brothers followed, moving to North Oakland, the hub for Eritreans in Northern California.

Bahrenegasi was active in the Eritrean Orthodox Church in Oakland, joining many church committees. Winta Mehari was majoring in business at Cal State East Bay and hoped to graduate this coming spring.

At Berkeley High, hundreds of students signed tributes on large homemade cards for Yonas Mehari, who played soccer, ran cross-country, helped tutor other students and was president of the Eritrean Ethiopian Students Union, a group he co-founded. Several students and administrators fought tears as they spoke.

"I've known him for four years, and I really saw him as a leader, an independent thinker and just a really sweet kid to be around," said Kristin Glenchur, athletic director at Berkeley High. "He was always around volunteering for something" such as working the scoreboards during football games or the concession stands.

On Monday night, the boys' varsity soccer team dedicated its season to him in a brief ceremony before a game against Clayton Valley High School.

"We will wear black armbands on our left arm, the arm closest to our heart," coach Eugenio Juarez said. "I was writing Yonas a letter of recommendation (for the University of California) when I heard he was murdered. I'm still in shock."

School officials said Yonas was a hard worker, who went from classes learning English as a freshman to becoming an honor student as a junior. His main hangout at school was the College and Career Center, a large study-hall area popular with college-bound students.

"This is a campus with 3,000 students, but everyone seemed to know Yonas and everyone had a story about him," said Ilene Abrams, a counselor in the center. "He was the first one here and the last one to leave. He helped tutor, he was in study groups."

Many students recalled his goofy side, his lively sense of humor and his tendency to play jokes on people or tease them.

Rowan Spencer accompanied Yonas on a trip to Sacramento last spring for a group called Students in Government. "I was falling asleep during these long speeches and Yonas kept pinching me," Rowan said. "I never heard the end of it from him."

Future Zhou described how Yonas would give her free hot dogs during football games "but they were always burned. He was so busy talking he couldn't cook."

Erika Garcia said that Yonas helped tutor her and helped her gain confidence in pursuing college-track classes. "He was just someone so full of life. I just took him for granted," said Erika, fighting tears. "I never got a chance to tell him how much I loved him and appreciated him. I think that's how a lot of people on campus feel right now."

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/11/29/OAKLAND.TMP

icon_razz.gif

btw about those books i asked you to look up for me,don't bother i found them

With the amount of teens been killed every week, it really feels like London is the most dangerous place to be a teenager in at the moment.

Ilaahay ha u naxariisto.

Elysian   

Yet another meaningless violence, I thought I had been deaden by this kind of reporting. The killings in Iraq are like a weather forecast – today, where, how many killed, injured... Violence and injustice occur everywhere and does not discriminate between good or bad people unfortunately, but this horrific crime against Abukah took me off guard. It is one thing to be killed, once you’re dead you’re dead, but what makes me literally sick to my stomach is that this poor boy was chased, he was scared, running for his life subhanallah, surrounded and knew probably what was coming.... :(:(

chubacka   

There was news coveage of it on the BBC and they did mention he was from Somalia.

I really think its a miracle on the streets of London if Somali teenages DON'T get involved in these crazy things.

The street is their home, everywhere you go there are Somali gangs jst hanging about doing nothing.

These teenage killings are a new and disturbing trend in London now and I am not surprised Somalis are in there.

May Allah grant Abukah peace and a high place in Janna, it was truly his time to go.

An if you guys have younger brothers keep them off the streets, give them something to do...make dua for them seriously we live in troubled times.

W'Salaam

Fabregas   

There was a time when Yardies would shoot each other. But know we have kids with bandanas on bycicles carrying out executions. Even more concerning is that you dont have to do alot to catch bullet or a knife in your organs. Sad thing is that it will probably get worse.