Sign in to follow this  
Reality Check

Screen Names

Does everyone take Screen names literally in SOL?

For example, my SN is opinionated, but does that actually make me any less opinionated than other Nomaders.

How seriously do you take other people's SN?

Macalin   

Very good Analysis.

When i had my OLDER NICK, Everyone thouught/beleived i was one lakkad(hardheaded) person....even if i said something said by another person,i will always get that...oo its the lakkadkii!....comprende missY..

Also i had this signature that said...'I LOVE ME FOR ME' and everyone thought i was into loving me so much...personally i dont take em seriouslY.

my point is.....Ya exactlY

me too! that lil azz wiggelying gini missed me up!

i now got this nerd, skewicky clean snap! even

FBI females r saying hi! hey, how been long time no ce! i hate his guts!

but, opi! ch-ch- changes r always good!as cuzz bowie have said! try it....! i suggest a more mellow handles like Queen Opinionated! huh huh, or opinionated-u2 etc,, or huda or amina opininated! i think u will be good with those names! one word adverb names r hard to follow at least for me! me go lunch boyz & gals!! later.

OG_Girl   

Nope at all, just nick names and not necessarely have any thing to do with personal's personality.

Salam

Khayr   

Salaamz,

I think NICKNAMES are a reflection

of a the person at a particular moment and some part of their persona.

Like "disillusioned-N-despondent"

u don't call yourself that unless

u were feeling like that, when u changed your name.

In real life, I have people call me different names cause cerain names represent a certain personality.

Fi Amanallah

Senora   

Not everyone, but some do.....One example i can think of right now is you, opinionated( sorry, but your the first one that came to mind)..I noticed on a few posts, how for some reason a few of our nomads find it a sort of hobby of theirs to criticize a few of your comments, when there were a few other people who were saying just about the same thing...maybe they felt you were a bit more "opinionated"??

I think its like this, we pick our nicks for our own reasons....but majority of the time, it relates to you in some way...so for some, they feel it safe to assume that it represents you in some way and feel justified when they take it literally...did that make sense?

Abdinuur   

It really depends and I hate to stereotype...but for instance, I used to think that Lakkad was really Lakkad, however, it was the exact opposite as time went on...but like Khayr stated, why would you want to pick a username that will eventually become part of you...and that would reflect on you? Something I called noncommonsense.

Originally posted by Princess_Sexy:

Not everyone, but some do.....One example i can think of right now is you, opinionated( sorry, but your the first one that came to mind)..I noticed on a few posts, how for some reason a few of our nomads find it a sort of hobby of theirs to criticize a few of your comments, when there were a few other people who were saying just about the same thing...maybe they felt you were a bit more "opinionated"??

I think its like this, we pick our nicks for our own reasons....but majority of the time, it relates to you in some way...so for some, they feel it safe to assume that it represents you in some way and feel justified when they take it literally...did that make sense?

So, how does your name relate to you? Did you pick your name (princes_sexy), because you are a princes and sexy? And what about Barwaaqo? Does she has split personality by the name of barwaaqo , bee and disillusioned-n-despondent ? Does this make sense?

as for opinionated:

I find her to be a very blunt and straight shooter unlike some nomads who find that trait as bad and offensive, especially for women and girls. we do have unwritten rules, one for men another for women!

Som@li   

it depends on the Person,and wat Screen Name means to him/her.

Somehow i guess there is a reltionship between the user and Screen Name,but still u can not judge a book by its cover.

bye

Curly   

I agree with princess because it does relate to you whether it's the way you feel in that moment in time or something you aspire to be.

Right now I'm going through a little quater life crisis so I'm not sure what to call myself...lol :D

^^ Well, "Pessimistic" seems as good a place to start as any.

Khayr...

Ur quite right. The DnD nick does reflect how I felt at a certain time. But I still dont consider other ppl's nicks as reflections of their personalities, but just as a handle because most names seem to be chosen randomly. Or maybe its down to my reluctance to pigeon-hole people.

Qori xabaalan:

And what about Barwaaqo? Does she has split personality by the name of barwaaqo , bee and disillusioned-n-despondent ? Does this make sense?

U have no idea how many split personalities I have! :D

Funnily enough, I dont believe the 'Barwaaqo' nick relates to any of my personality traits. I chose it simply because it was an old nick n means the same thing as my real name. 'Bee' was short for 'Barwaaqo' and 'DnD' was chosen after a bad day at work. And thats about it.

Senora   

So, how does your name relate to you? Did you pick your name (princes_sexy), because you are a princes and sexy?

Well I never did really pick this screen name. A while back when me and my cousin signed on to this website, it was my cousin who handled the "coming up with the screen names"part...I just never got around to changing my nick, because I'm still stumped on what new name i should come up with that does reflect who I am. the only connection i can think of with the name is that in my old neighborhood when I was younger, some of the kids would call me Somalian princess....but that really doesn't have much of a relation to this screen name, that's just the only connection i can think of.

But anyways, I dont want you to get confused with what I said, thought i dont fall in this category, many of us chose our nicks, because of our own reasons( it reflects our attitude/personality, it reflects the image we aspire to be, etc)...so the rest of us, assuming this, take the screen names literally.....excuse the redundancy, just wanted some clarification..

Originally posted by disillusioned-N-despondent:

Qori xabaalan:

U have no idea how many split personalities I have!
:D

Barwaaqo, many apologies! I didn’t know about those personalies. But I like barwaaqo the most. She is cool and collected. Bee referred to me as a girl ( in mahram thread). I knew then that something was going out of whack in side you. :D:D

As for DnD, I don’t know what was she thinking when she let all those aliens cross the border- aliens like dhoosaaye.

I wonder what would princes_sexy’s theory be about how he came up with that name (dhoosaaye)? Did he go …Dhuurrruuur…..dhuurrruuu.. dhuurrruuu, bingo, that is my name huh?

p.s this message is for Barwaaqo only, not for Bee or DnD! :D