Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Ladies.

Where do you stand on the issue of Manboobs and Manhips?

It all started on Sunday we were suppose to review a friend’s new beau (the usual grill and approve) as usual she started asking all sorts of questions and one of them was the above and typically of us we went on one only to find out 5 min later that the man in question had them both. Now she won’t talk to us she thinks we are judgemental and shallow, acting like she has never meet us before…. Anyhow where do you stand?

Malika   

LOL.CL,she is probably feeling embarrased and ackward now as perhaps at some point she too found manboobs/hips to be an off put. But nevertheless,it is her choice,and she needs to be matured about it.

Honestly,I have never done the summing up of a fellow for a friend,and I never allow anybody to sum up a fellow I am interested in..So this whole thing of grilling and approving someone elses beau is very alien to me.[i know am anti-social].. :D , But let me ask this,so if the friends disapprove the dude is gone??

Stop circumnavigating the question with your very own question mpendwa.

And NO- the summing up- of a fellow is a privilege reserved for the selected few and it has nothing to with one being anti social or not. But it all boils down to whose doing the disapproving and on what grounds? And if the argument is sound and you value the opinion of the person uttering them, then yes the dude is gone. But that decision ultimately rests with the lady in question.

Dhubad.   

I think Manboobs are Okish but the Manhips that is taking it to the next level......yaaba kala garan markay wada jiifaan lol.

NGONGE   

I am assuming you are asking for opinions about fat men? Otherwise we are talking about some deformed brother there.

Tell your friend to rejoice, a fat man's fridge is never empty and this is a sign that he is a hunter-gatherer supreme.

ps

JB got fat in the back of his neck ma caad ala manboobs or hips. :D

Abtigiis   

I second Dhubad. But i think even the manboobs is not OK. It constricts adequate performance. I mean if he is loaded there, to what extent can he lift himslef up and down, without causing fatal injuries when landing? :D:D

Kool_Kat   

This whole 'grill and approve' is caruurnimo...I can never see myself judging my friend's man's looks...There's so much to a man than his manboobs and manhips...Besides what kind of a friend looks at another friend's man - specially his boobs and hips?

Reminds me of a time when I laughed at a friend for always referring to her hubby as Hebel Cade, when he is dark as hell...I said 'alla maxaa ninkaaga u camirtay'...Her reply 'excuse me abaay, you don't see him through my eyes' :D ...

So may be, Ms Cynical, through your friend's eyes, she sees the boobs of man with a six-pack...

so he let her see them and she went and told? Tut.

she can get him this next Eid. If he gets past the planned initiation.

Men's underwear 'changes body shape'

By Briar Burley

Newsbeat reporter

It was Bridget Jones who first brought them to the attention of women everywhere, but now there's a new wave of body-squeezing, control-underwear and this time it's for the boys.

A range of underclothes for men including pants, vests and long-sleeved tops have gone on sale for the first time in the UK aimed at making male torsos look slimmer and more defined.

Tim is 29. He volunteered to try some of the new products out for Newsbeat.

First up the pants: Tim swapped from his normal ones into a pair of Flashback Butt Lifting Technology Boxers - which have come over from the States.

He said: "They say they're anti muffin-top elastic and apparently they have butt-lifting technology - I'm looking forward to trying them on."

'Bum cleavage'

The makers say the pants perk up saggy bottoms and reduce the appearance of love-handles.

Inside they have elastic strapping which is meant to lift and support the buttocks - a bit like a push-up bra for women, but without the padding.

But Tim wasn't overwhelmed: "They're quite small and I'm showing quite a lot of bum cleavage.".

But his wife Hannah was more impressed: "They do give him quite a good shape at the front. But the back is a little bit saggy.

"They come quite low down so I'm not so sure about the whole non-muffin top."

The pants have just gone on sale in the UK for £24 pounds a pair.

They're part of a growing number of new varieties on the market meant to cater for men who want underwear which improves the appearance of their bodies.

According to market researchers Mintel there was a 15.6% increase in the number of men's undergarments sold in Britain between 2003 and 2007.

Undershirt range

But it's not just pants. A new range of undershirts and tops have been designed to re-sculpt and improve the shape of men's bodies.

The Core Precision undershirt, designed by Australian company Equmen, is one of them. It is said to "visibly streamline and tone" the upper torso.

Tim tried one of these on too.

He said: "I'm quite impressed with the results. I think the best scenario for wearing this vest is under a shirt. It could be good for the business market."

The shirts fit tightly to the body and can be tricky to get on.

The makers say it improves posture, supports muscles, streamlines your shape and can help to energise the body. But with prices starting at £50 they don't come cheap.

Tim told us he's not entirely sure: "I don't know how a vest could give you more energy. It could improve your posture. But it makes you feel like you're wearing rubber."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/health/newsid_78 61000/7861796.stm

nuune   

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

I second Dhubad. But i think even the manboobs is not OK. It constricts adequate performance. I mean if he is loaded there, to what extent can he lift himslef up and down, without causing fatal injuries when landing?
:D:D

:D:D First of all, he is not an airplane, so no landing, unless crash landing :D

KK- Stop circumnavigating the question as well and answer it where do you stand on the issue of manboobs and manhips?

Old actually his not FAT FAT, granted wee bit heavy but still not that fat.

She- one step ahead of you my dear, we already got her magic knickers for him that is.