Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Race Riots Grip Italian Town

N.O.R.F   

I'm not surprised at all.

“This event pulled the lid off something that we who work in the sector know well but no one talks about: That many Italian economic realities are based on the exploitation of low-cost foreign labor, living in subhuman conditions, without human rights,” said Flavio Di Giacomo, the spokesman for the International Organization for Migration in Italy.

The workers live in “semi-slavery,” added Mr. Di Giacomo, who said, “It’s shameful that this is happening in the heart of Italy.”

Pope Benedict XVI veered from his prepared remarks in his Angelus message on Sunday to denounce the violence in Calabria. “An immigrant is a human being, different in origin, culture and tradition, but he is a person to respect, with rights and duties,” the pope said. He also criticized the “exploitation” of immigrants.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/11/world/europe/11italy.html?ref=global-home

Wonder what the usual suspects' stance is here.

N.O.R.F   

Someone apart from yourself or myself?

Ever been to Italia? Buy anything from a shop and your change way kugu soo turayaan :D

Malika   

^He has been busy reporting on his sight seeing tour of 'Somalis in Europe'..haven't you seen his latest post? London = Afghanistan..lol

Peacenow   

Thankfully the Somalis here are not in a bad way. Mainly because there is not that many of us here. Perhaps less than 50.000.

In any case the community is well established and we have been here for decades. We behave (you have to in Italy) being in a Italian police station if you are black or brown is like being Gestapo camp. What is one to do anyway. Other than to get on with your life and hope for the best.

You don't know how fortunate you are to live in London or America. Opportunites wasted smoking khats and gang violence. Pray the British don't get sick of you and send you here in Italy.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Peacenow:

Opportunites wasted smoking khats and gang violence.

I guess you've never chewed khat before, because that's what you do is chew it, not smoke it :D But anyways, people will always push back against change, such as when they see too many new people with a different lifestyle, they feel threatened by it and rather than accept those differences, most of the time they will fight against them.

Raamsade   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^peacenow, stay away from the angry, voilant white folks. You see, it's not only arabs that get voilant
:D

Arabs ARE whites.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Our Milan correspondent dee.
:D

smile.gif @ ^

they probably too black and not arabs thats why we didnt hear his usual rants. smile.gif

fascist italians...most racist folks in the world. Even the germans have changed, but Italians and Russians are killing a lot of innocent black folks these days.

NG, why would you wait for peacenow to bring up the events that happened last week? Why should he be concerned with matters of the southern regions when he is sitting comfortably somewhere in Milan? (Map anyone?)

PS: This is as much about organized crime infiltration as it is about racial antagonism

N.O.R.F   

I have been to Italy and the blatant racism is there for all to see which is why I'm not surprised here.

Peacenow, do you say 'Yes Sir/Maam' 'Right away Sir/Maam' etc when replying to your masters erm erm I mean your Italian friends?