Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

White Sand Village

STOIC   

^^^I visited the link above and checked the news section.These people are very serious business minded people-with all the neck ties :D .My cousin is about to buy one of those white sand village houses.Hey what in the world those Philipinos or Mexicans doing there :D - oh i know the world is flat(as Thomas Freidman said),is Somaliland experiencing globalization?.Way to go Somaliland!

Baluug   

Masha Allah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Man,those are some beautiful houses,and relatively cheap!That Westminster house would cost at least 1.5 million in Canada.Insha Allah,when Muqdisho becomes peaceful,I want to get me a house like that!!By the way,STOIC,I think those guys are Malaysian.

Yes but still 140 thousand dollars for a House in Hargeisa is a bit too much. I wouldn't spend that much. probably upto 100 but not above.

One thing I like about living in these secluded so called villages is that, you don't get mixed up with all kinds of people as happens in big city of Hargeisa. Here you get very clean neighbors who you share many things including leading a modern suburban lifestyle. A place where the streets are kept clean, the traffic rules are obeyed, the costs for maintainance of public services such as local schools, mosques, play grounds are shared.

I think these kind of initiatives will set a standard so so the rest can follow and learn. I know reer Hargeisa are quick to adopt new things and they will have no problems with catching up.

N.O.R.F   

Suldaanka

You have just solved my accommodation problem in Hargaisa. Now all i need is employment :D

ps can one recieve Sky Sports there?

Fyr   

Originally posted by Northerner:

ps can one recieve Sky Sports there?

you would need one hell of big satellite dish to get sky my friend rofl.gif

^^ :D

Northerner don't look a gifthorse in the mouth sxb. What is more entertaining than the local boys doing it best at Timocade stadium. Adiga oo Go Burco'da haya, iyo aniga oo c'mon Hargeisada haya. :D

lol   

Its really great to such projects, but I won't buy a house that looked like every other... What happened to having individual taste? The unique style that sets you apart from your neighbor. I won't trade dat for anything. But then again its only my opinion. :D

N.O.R.F   

Adiga oo Go Burco'da haya, iyo aniga oo c'mon Hargeisada haya.

lol, IA saxib, you know what rear burco say during a game, haday kubadu kudaafdo, ninku yaanu kudaafin :D

Fyr, Sky Sports is available in the UAE

Hibo, the houses are very good, keep u cool in the heat with the roof construction, rain will run off also, the actual characteristics are debatable, i would have prefered more of a morrocan/moorish style :cool:

^ LOL

Waxaan maqlay, back in the old days, Hargeisa always used to beat Burco, Hargeisana Kismayo aya ka badin jirtay, Kismayona Burco aya ka badin jirtay. :eek: :eek:

Hibo,

I think you can come up with your own design but they charge you extra. This is just standard plan.

I like Mediterranean designs and garden works.

Fyr   

Fyr, Sky Sports is available in the UAE

Northerner

I really don't know how people in UAE can get Sky Sports but according to these maps they can’t.

astra2dfp5.jpg

Astra 2A/2B/2D

285e_1.gif

Eurobird 1 at 28.2°E

Baashi   

Originally posted by Suldaaanka:

Waxaan maqlay, back in the old days, Hargeisa always used to beat Burco, Hargeisana Kismayo aya ka badin jirtay, Kismayona Burco aya ka badin jirtay. :eek: :eek:

Simply not true sxb. Burco soccer team had never beaten Kismayo soccer team in a match be it official or friendly one :D . Hargeisa, on the other hand, won the national trophy once ('86 not sure though) and gues what team they'd played against: Kismayo! Kismayo had won 7 national cups out of 13! Kismayo dominated the soccer field back in the days. True champs.

SOO MAAL   

Reer burco maba yaqaanan sida loo ciyaaraba!!!!!!!!

Ciyaarta reer burco waa sidan

you know what rear burco say during a game, haday kubadu kudaafdo, ninku yaanu kudaafin

N.O.R.F   

^^lol

Not really an expert of Somali football teams old or new but it would interesting to see a tournament with all the cities/towns/villages involved with good transport, good referees, gr8 crowds and plenty of goals :cool:

Kismayo the Liverpool of Somalia?

Hargaisa the Man Utd

Burco the Arsenal :D

Baashi would you consider a move to Hargaisa in the White Sand Village?

Fyr, you have struck a huge blow to my plans saxib but i do remember seeing an advert on a notice board in one of the Abu Dhabi cimaarads highlighting the availablity of Sky! Go figure :confused:

Curly   

What are you on about? You can even watch MTV base in Somaliland. And no the satellite dishies don't have be some massive monstrosities, Somaliland isn’t on Mars. icon_razz.gif