Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Troll, Shah and Sheeko

Malika   

LOL@maba isqaadi karo..heh

Ngonge,there is an art to the shaking,the feet movement,rhyming of the drum beat and meaning of the words.

Waxaan kuu nacee burabuur when they start the qabiil praising,and the whole floor go mad..Somalis iyo qabil maxaa kala heysta!

Ibtisam   

Ngonge: You are so mean.

Malika, once I had to learn it for my cousins wedding, one of the clans that are known for it baa naga guursadey and we did not want iin nalgu ciyar football buraanbur when the old lady does the aman for us and no one dances. Anyway, a whole week baan guriga dacaska ka iidleye practicing.

EDIT: Errm Malika, the whole thing is about clan iyo amaan about family. why dou you think they shout iska ceel iyo ii kacey diiga aya ii kacey icon_razz.gif:D

Not a friendly dance at all.

nuune   

What do you all know about buraanbur:

Can anyone remmeber these, well for girls who got married in habeenkooda la akhriyey this buraanbur:

maxamed nabi

madax samoow

xabiibullaah

buraanburkaas waxaa la dheelaa marka gabadha la dheelminayo ee gurigeeda intii 12 jeer lagu soo wareegto ayaa la akhriyaa maxamed nabi madax samoow xabiibullaah :D

Ibtisam   

^^Is that the Sufi Buraanbur?? :eek: lol

I only know the @inanku iyo inatu wey kudboonyhi, AND wiix bisin lagu bilabi barako ma leeh :D

Juxa   

malika and ibti, marry a guy from qabiil adan isjeclayn, everyone will be polite and worried about dagaal therefore all the buraanbur would be limited to amaan for the couple and duco :D

Ibtisam   

^^Or a fight will break out, kind risky dont you think. I've seen women xaanqa due to buraanbur. My last family I went to, some one played a joke or something and told the buraanbur lady the wrong clan for the family. Everyone was looking around thinking errr and then laughing. the islaan yaar spent the whole night aamining Qabil aan loo diran. :D

nuune   

Ibti, no, that is the internationally well recognized buraanbur for all Somalis everywhere, and is read during the night gabadha la galbinayo, what kind of miyi you lived bal, don't tell me it was only few miles from the main town or city and you never heard of this buraanbur :D

Ibtisam   

^^Never went to wedding while in Miyi, I had lots of shaqo to do, could not afford to party all night. :D

Ibtisam   

^^I thought he is gone because he is Marx Script but maybe he threatened/ abused xiin :D

Oz   

Yeeeeeees, the suit wearing maryooley black italian iska dhigo has left the premise. One down.... :D

later

Juxa   

maskiinka greece baa qorax kudhishay then waxa loo tarxiiley italy and now sol baad ka buriseen.

i keep wondering how MARX managed to breathe with his activities

nuune   

JUXA, stop worryig about other people, don't waste your energy there.

Juxa   

am not worried, am i :confused:

just came out of meeting, i left odaygi isagoo afarti tin kuhartay dhakadiisa wada tagan yihin

his parting words, where the ahem ahem do you get those people? :D

afkeena iyo dhagteena isma maqlaan, gotta love somali maxamed