Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Troll, Shah and Sheeko

-Lily-   

lol C&H, I try to eat well but the occasional little food-amnesia never hurt anyone. Firday is treat day smile.gif

Supermarkets have this easy to read traffic light system, where green is the best, yello ok-ish and red danger lol. So all I saw was lots of red at the back and ignored reading the finer parts.

Lol! ONLY in Europe! Americans would protest and say "Stop telling me what to eat"! Over here there is no red, but if the package doesnt have a green check(smart eating logo)then you should definetly read the calories.

Hello NG, everywhere that I've worked the bean counters have always been to put it politely very strange people.

I wonder does the profession make you guys like that , or the odd ones attracted to the profession.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by -Lily-:

Hey this wadad said you can pray isha as soon as it gets dark, usually less than an hour after maghrib. He said to ignore summer hours, waiting till 11pm. Does anyone know if this is true? Another said pray maghrib and isha together, sounds lazy to me.

Some mosques pray Isha after maqrib. I used to do that. Those who disagreed would return for Isha later on.

-Lily-   

C&H , most things nowerdays have on the front of the package a round label telling you the amount of calories, how much grams of sugar, salt, fat, sat. fat. It's then broken up at the back in more detail, including what percentage of your daily allowance it makes up. I find it very useful when trying new things, although by now one should know whats good for you or whats not.

Norf , I dont know, I will stick to what everyone else is doing, feel a bit doubtful, would be really nice though! I mean if it is allowed we shouldnt make things difficult for ourselves. Will ask more ppl.

I usually overindulge in Somali food; Bariis with Hilib ari and xalwo. I never know how to calculate the colories. The last 3 days, I had a friend visiting and she loves Somali food so I had to take her to Somali restaurants. I think I gained like ton of LBS(ok am exeggerating). But I wish they'd disclosed calories as Somalis eat in unlimited quantities.

N.O.R.F   

There are grounds for it (praying straight after maqrib during summer). They would also do it if its raining during maqrib. Will look it up.

Juxa   

CH and lily you too are too preoccupied with reading food ma waalateen, eat waxan ku cunin eat

lily as soon as exam is over, i am going to cook you a feast lately waxa noqotay too much with food.

CH gacan kulama soo gaaro marka you safe

Ngonge jump london bridge, waayeel faciis ka haray waaxid, Loz do the same with the aussie buundo yaaqey how can you say maseexan karo i can sleep for 16 hours without problems

yaan ilaabey, yeah prince, from now it goes downhill, say bye bye to your youth and embrase surwaal gaaban jacket 3 sizes kaa weyn and safaleeti diif

NGONGE   

GJ, I agree. :D

Like a qaxooti heading to Holland but ending up in the UK, I stumbled on this, saaxib. This field was never something I thought I'll end up in.

-Lily-   

lol@sleep 16 hours.

C&H, if they disclosed it, no one would eat it! I once remember explaing xalwo to my doc (not that I eat it), she nearly had a heart attack, she kept asking me, is that really true?

Juxa, we shall have a feast, as long as it is one a month :D

Have a lovely wkend all, I'm off.

LOL@ "gacan kulama gaaro." Baruur waa la nacay dee. Speaking of that, before my friend left my other friend and I took her to get cilaan done. There was a bunch of women around. This one VERY, VERY skinny lady with kids was there. Her kids and other kids as typical were running around wild. So my friend asked her "how many are yours"? And the lady went like two. And then she added "inaan dhalay lama moodo soo ma aha"? And then we agreed and said "yeah." And she added that she'd been trying to gain weight even though the whole 5-6 hours we were there EVERYONE ate but her. Then, all the women in unison added that she shouldnt eat and that she looks perfect.

Juxa   

CH lool, seriously the more you fuss over food the more the fat rolls isku tixaan jirkaada

marka be active and eat. i will get some xalwo for lily insha allah.

NGONGE   

When poeple say "faciis ka haray" I always wonder where they went.

Ma caleena. I'm going home too.