Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Troll, Shah and Sheeko

Ibti- he will only come on condition that you agree to marry his brother. What say you?

Juxa- preach on sistah.

C&H- I wasn’t limiting myself to Somali women; I was talking in the broader sense. Anyhow, in the Somali case- their already doing that anyway without the perks don’t you think? First what diamond ring, I’ve yet to meet a halimo with an impressive ring on her finger, half of the time one has to employ visual aid to see the darn thing. Second, for the 5-star hotel….dear one, me and you both know that in most cases this is subsidised by a loan/hagbadh that the dude/in most cases the Mrs will be paying for in the many years to come. Thirdly, what criteria are you employing when establishing whether a man is in-fact “manly”?

A farax, proposes, visits the family/asks for her hand, gives a xalimo the diamond ring and a weeding to make her friends jealous…….then what happens next? Xalimos tend to get the wedding and never the marriage and in these cases I never know who to blame…but nonetheless they lose. So why not marry them anyway, and maybe shame them via the process; granted their already doing just that in some parts of the world without the necessary benefits…..

Anyhow, a kept man/staying home husband has his perks and I for one applaud women who have managed to bag a fully domesticated husband. Is he less of a man? And if his less of a man for staying home, then what does that mean for women who opt to do the exact?

&H- I wasn’t limiting myself to Somali women; I was talking in the broader sense.

Preach on to other women! But leave Somalis alone, ok?
:D

Anyhow, in the Somali case- their already doing that anyway without the perks don’t you think? First what diamond ring, I’ve yet to meet a halimo with an impressive ring on her finger, half of the time one has to employ visual aid to see the darn thing. Second, for the 5-star hotel….dear one, me and you both know that in most cases this is subsidised by a loan/hagbadh that the dude/in most cases the Mrs will be paying for in the many years to come.

See? We are already having our issues. Imagine if big forheaded Farahs didnt even want to pretend anymore?
Thirdly, what criteria are you employing when establishing whether a man is in-fact “manly”?

Untill we adapt egalitarian society, I define Manly-man actions as the following: Makes decent money, buys diomand rings, flowers, dinners, cars, wedding gifts, grills meats, looks under the hood of my car( even if he has no clue as to what to look for) changes tires, lifts any heavy objects, builds something in the garage somewhere, drinks plenty of shah, gosh... am forgetting alot!

A farax, proposes, visits the family/asks for her hand, gives a xalimo the diamond ring and a weeding to make her friends jealous…….then what happens next?

Atleast let them do this much.

Xalimos tend to get the wedding and never the marriage and in these cases I never know who to blame…but nonetheless they lose. So why not marry them anyway, and maybe shame them via the process; granted their already doing just that in some parts of the world without the necessary benefits…..

I dont know what you're proposing here(kidding! but dont want to entertain it really) and whose fault is such failure? We can pretend to debate but we all know the answer: certain big-forheads.
icon_razz.gif

Anyhow, a kept man/staying home husband has his perks and I for one applaud women who have managed to bag a fully domesticated husband. Is he less of a man? And if his less of a man for staying home, then what does that mean for women who opt to do the exact

What perks? What can I get with a domesticated husband(submissive one? No thanks, not interested in servants. Fully cooked meals, warm bed and laundary? who said I cant have that with a working Farah granted I have to train him?).

Why is that@ Che

loooool@ Choc:D :D

Preach on to other women! But leave Somalis alone, ok?

Nay, nay nay (inglorious *******’z style)

See? We are already having our issues. Imagine if big forheaded Farahs didnt even want to pretend anymore? Thirdly, what criteria are you employing when establishing whether a man is in-fact “manly”?

Untill we adapt egalitarian society, I define Manly-man actions as the following: Makes decent money, buys diomand rings, flowers, dinners, cars, wedding gifts, grills meats, looks under the hood of my car( even if he has no clue as to what to look for) changes tires, lifts any heavy objects, builds something in the garage somewhere, drinks plenty of shah, gosh... am forgetting alot!

Hahaha this is too funny to be argued over. Hehe ohh you’re funny.

Atleast let them do this much.

At least? Shame on you.

What perks? What can I get with a domesticated husband(submissive one? No thanks, not interested in servants. Fully cooked meals, warm bed and laundary? who said I cant have that with a working Farah granted I have to train him?)

According to you; domesticated husband = submissive and servant.....so, what does that mean for women who do exact thing?

p.s aren’t you domesticating him by training him?

According to you; domesticated husband = submissive and servant.....so, what does that mean for women who do exact thing?

Duh!! They're domesticated women dee. This is why I convulse at the mere mention of "Raaliyo", "domesticated" "traditional," "Nurturers" etc. :mad:

Arent you domesticating him by training him?

Only I wouldnt tell him I'm domesticating him
icon_razz.gif

Malika   

^Why not call it 'Pakistani driving school'?..I got bloody annoyed the last time,I watched it..argh

LOL.

Because were in fashion ladies. Muslims is the fastest selling brand ever and people can’t help but capitalise. :D

*getting my night night dose of Gossip Girls. I know, i know i should be ashamed but am not.

Ibtisam   

I know it should be called PAkistani school. They have yet to show a Muslim from any other culture. :rolleyes:

CL Shame on you!!

Watching planets of the Apes always makes me think of Johnny B :confused:

Gossip Girl rules! I applaud you Cynical Lady for admitting to watching that show. Now we know where you get your loose morals from :D

*drum roll*

I'm almost as unfunny as Leno.

Ibti lol @ planet of the apes. The original or the disgraceful Tim Burton version? :D

Curly   

So there's a 75% off boots sale today.

I'm not that excited about it, but apparently some people are. so much so that my work colleagues went sale crazed and brought over £200 worth of toiletries and gifts.

Am I the only person here who doesn't get it?

Baluug   

^ 75% off boots sale? OMG OMG OMG where??????? I so need a new pair of boots!!!!

.................steel-toed boots for work :D

Baluug   

Good evening, Oz. Not sure where you are, but I know it's 6:30pm in Perth :D It's 3:31am here, maybe I should sleep eh?

Norf, make sure you mail me a receipt so the company can reimburse me :D I honestly don;t know why I need bloody steel-toes anyways, it's not like I'm gonna break my foot by dropping a bag of chips :D