Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Why are Somalis judgemental?

Originally posted by Modesty:

Furthermore, somalis(by saying "somalis" I mean hard core ones straight off the bannana boat) don't say "thanks", if you do them a favor(especially the women)...they assume you are ****** , and they fooled you because they are more "clever" than you.

To be honest, that's what I don't like about the British culture. They are always touted as the most polite people. But to me it seems as if everyone's obsessed with counting their thanks. Even when people do say thanks, I've heard others grumbling about it not sounding heartfelt enough. People even remind others to thank them for everything they've done.... I'm sorry, but am I the only who sees something wrong with this???

Everybody is expecting their kindness and efforts to be recognised. What's wrong with doing favours for Allah's sake. I've noticed I started to get caught up in it too, where I get angry when someone doesn't thank me, and I had to rethink my feelings afterwards.

I personally take care to thank people for their efforts, and it is good practice to do so. But I don't actually expect thanks in return. It just reeks of vanity and all it does is draw attention to one's kindness, which to me seems very immodest.

Maybe people should rethink who they're are really performing the act of kindness for, and whose appreciation is worth more, the person or Allah?

So yeah, some Somalis have bad manners, but I hope it doesn't deter anyone from continuing to be kind and doing Allah's work.

people lets be honest. We may jugdments about other people even through we dont know them. We should all just get along somali or non somali. When I see a Somali person in bus, train or plane I greet them. I do that because they are Somalis and I love my people and it`s our duty as muslims.

Dont get me wrong every basket has a rotten fruit, The people that do not reply or give me dirty looks I just ignore them. I lead a simply life and one of my principles is

LIVE AND LET LIVE.

U should try that. thats the advice I give you my fellow Somali sister.

Modesty   

Modesty, are you saying that YOU are not judgemental?

No. I haven't written that anywhere. I'm simply addressing the ills of what "I" see in our culture. Let me make it clear that I am not hating on my own culture, as I have SOMALI written on my somali forehead :D But, I guess that's life, you just have to address it, and move on because nothing will ever be perfect.I'm sure there are lots of "civilized" redface.gif somalis all over the world.

I am from Djibouti and I noticed that somalis people from somalia are more judgemental than us.

Most of them are concerned with Qabiil crap and seem to resist to integrate into "white" society.

I am not generalising of course they don't behave in the same way especially the younger ones but I definitely have no hope for the older generation.

ladies and gentleman!! lol.. what was the saying.. marmar siiya mus ma kula koray!! lol..

so u think that somalis are judgemental and u wanna quit them and hang around with other races!! lord have merci!! whatever u got, whether is jungle fever, ghetto fever, etc.. asta la vista!!

well, let me see u waddle out of our somali lives and i hope we dont see your sold behind no more!! i have seen plenty of those and i dont understand why they show their sorry behind everytime we do a somali get together with their sorry foreign friends!! :confused:

Janna   

Originally posted by makalajabti:

I am from Djibouti and I noticed that somalis people from somalia are more judgemental than us.

icon_lol.gif

Nephissa   

Ahh! Sky seems to be reaching out with a fist in every thread. Something tells me a therapist would make a fortune off this guy. Anger management should be thrown in free...

i have seen plenty of those and i dont understand why they show their sorry behind everytime we do a somali get together with their sorry foreign friends!!

I think people who claim to hate somalis and then show up at somali gatherings are just insecure attention lovers. Waxooda waa i fiiri please.

Rokko   

The question should have been asked as

Why are Somalis so hypercritical?

Reason is that for the most Somalis I run to tend to be criticizing our own ppl's actions/attitudes etc from AtoZ don’t’ know why walaahi. I don’t’ mind hearing a critics once a in a while but for the luv of Allah, we need to give credit for each other or and anything which deserves it na’mean.

N.O.R.F   

I don't think a person should be judged for how they dress

Well thats the way its always been and the way it always will be, the question should be why should one 'not' be judged on the way they dress?

A guy wearing low pants with a hoodie wil automatically be judged the same way as a girl showing her curves. Now they will be judged differently to a bearded brother with a khamiis on and 'hijabi' sister covering her 'modesty'.

Thats just the way it is among all muslims and not just Somalis.

When around other Somalis it is always good to speak 'somali' out respect for them, your country and your culture. Its also good practice and gives you the opportunity to gauge just how good or bad the other person' somali is,,,,,