Sign in to follow this  
billy1944

A Word to the Wise and a Brief Note

Peace.

The ALMIGHTY has destroyed New Orleans !!! ya:

Please do NOT re-enter.

WARNING :eek:

Easy to say, eh? You've heard it said before somewhere in the bible about Sodom and Go. Seem like we been here before and it is a very uncomfortable feeling.

The question begs - where do we go from here; repeating. WHere do we go from here :confused:

Suggestion to Consider ---

Why not a group of us begin plans and return to Africa and reside in several of the countries. Rather than rebuilding in the hurricane corridor, we could make a new life for ourselves in our natural lands. We can do this together. :D

Perhaps the younger generation can stimulate an interest in spearheading such a discussion at the MillionsMoreMarch to move it forward as an organized project.

You ask why don't I do ? Hell, I can't do ev'ry thang; I just came up with the idea - do you realized that it took me over 50 years to get the idea to match the feeling. That is why I know it is so right and the right thing to do.

So, sumbudy else s'pose t grab on to de idea and git t movin' 'fo de lead start t stick. smile.gif

After the water has receded, the dust settled, storms all gone, we'll all have a mess on our hands to clean up, fix up, take down, put up, wipe up, wash out, do this then that, etc., it'll take time to get over the material losses. The human loss to our African family we will never, ever forget. :(

As a group, we must grow to make the best of this bad situation. We must LOVE and PROTECT each other from now on.

This is time of uncertainty for white America so expect to see their preying eyes lurching about for any little thing of value that you might claim. :mad:

We witness how our folk was neglected, abused and some were outright killed by government forces. After almost losing a large part of our family - would you want to put your life in their custody again - I'd say NOT; we're on our own so let us move forward, not looking back, and make the new life in a land where the people look like we do.

So the job at hand appears to get a responsible get-it-together person to paper it around so we can charter and board several ships back to our "promised land". Say, let's plan for about a year in advance of sailing having fund-raising events, parties, donations, paper sales,etc., doing these kinds of things for a year in all the USA cities ought to raise enough funds to pay to charter the ship plus provide enough support funds for an organized group. ;)

I'd think a group like this, under this circumstances would be more deserving of foreign aid than the state of Israel.

But that's another bridge not yet built.

If any serious party is interested, the next thing to do is whatever is convenient to get you going. What I fear is a lot of people are gonna want

on those boats so that's a lot of work and a lot of love for somebody younger than myself. Count on me as one supporter of whomever is up for the task...... :cool:

"If I do it; then it is certainly done"

"If I do it; then it is certainly done"

AdivA   

Salam,

Wise words Billy. But suppose the journey to Africa is possible? How are we going to get rid of civil war, poverty, and the worse..HIV/AIDS? How do we fight structual adjustment policies implemented by the IMF and world bank that don't allow third world countries to grow economically on their own using their own resources? And most importantly do African Americans care about Africa?

Peace ;)