Sign in to follow this  
Legend of Zu

The Somali of the Year!

Welcome ladies and gentlemen,

Can I ask you to join me to congratulate The Somali of the Year!

This fella has been a consistent contributor to this site for many years, laughed, cried (assuming he cries when we are not looking) and shared with us many of his stories, triumphs and failures.

In many occasions we tend to forget that he is Canadian Cadaan amongst us – related to us by former marriage; I have never seen anyone who would love to associate with the Somalis as much as he does, even more than some of us who get frustrated by our own kind and their behaviour. He understands our culture, knows our qabiil structure, tries hard to speak & write our language and accepts our shortcomings as if he is thoroughly Somali. If I borrow the concept of Xubeer, he is consensually a True Somali

Therefore dear ladies and gentleman I here present to you The Somali of the Year …………. Mr Cadaan

----------- APPLAUSE --------------

Cheers

Baluug   

This fella has been a consistent contributor to this site for many years, laughed, cried (assuming he cries when we are not looking)

Yes, I have cried on a few occasions :( , but not right now!! :D Thanks for the accolades, LOZ. Even after I offended you with false tales of Chinese restaurant dog meat :D

I can't say I'm a true Somali because I still don't know the language fluently, so I still look like a fool while I'm in the Somali restaurant staring at the wall while the guys beside me are talking a mile a minute. But I definitely learned a lot over the years about Somalia, it's people and it's culture and keep learning. It's also kinda funny how I teach people from other countries about Somali culture as well. But someday insha Allah I'll learn the language and it'll be all good.

In many occasions we tend to forget that he is Canadian Cadaan amongst us – related to us by former marriage;

And future marriage as well insha Allah. ;)

nuune   

Let me just say to my Irish Cadaan MABRUUK for the Somali Of The Year award,

Cadaan is Irish by the way smile.gif

Baluug   

Originally posted by Buuxo:

Cadaan, whatever you do ,don't be like the cadaan guy that told me my qabiil are bad people.
;)

That depends, what's your qabiil? :D Just kidding.

Baluug   

^You should take pride in your heritage. You're a member of an elite group in England. You're one of the 19% of Somalis in UK that have a job. :D